style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi To All

I had 2 visits from these last Dec, but I was able to pay the LO in full direct to the council.

Last week I recieved a letter from rossies saying they wanted the B's fee's of £42.50 ( fair enough ) so I called them, I said, do you not want the fee he has already tried to collect ( 1st visit £130.00 ) she said no just £42.50. or he is coming with a van and that will cost you a further £110.00, I said what about the unlawfull charges he tried to collect....rossies hung up.

Next day I recieve a letter blah blah 'pay now,' no further comms.

So do I pay the £42.50 and hope they dont turn up, or do I string them along.

Mr W

Edited by Mr Worried
missed word

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Hi To All

I had 2 visits from these last Dec, but I was able to pay the LO in full direct to the council.

Last week I recieved a letter from rossies saying they wanted the B's fee's of £42.50 ( fair enough ) so I called them, I said, do you not want the fee he has already tried to collect ( 1st visit £130.00 ) she said no just £42.50. or he is coming with a van and that will cost you a further £110.00, I said what about the unlawfull charges he tried to collect....rossies hung up.

Next day I recieve a letter blah blah 'pay now,' no further comms.

So do I pay the £42.50 and hope they dont turn up, or do I string them along.

I'd be tempted to pay them the £42-50 then issue another letter claiming £XXX for all the hassle etc you've been put to because of their "admitted" superflous charges. If they fail to pay tell them you will submit a claim against them.

Mr W

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Plodder

To be quite honest, I could use that £42.50 for better causes, but could pay it next week. but in the meentime will they turn up with a van?

Mr W

He can come with a Sherman Tank but from what you say I think I'm right in saying you haven't let him in previously and they can only charge for the 2 visits despite attending 101 times. He can only add the "van fee" if he is coming with a view to removing goods on which he has previously seized/levied.

The Council should already have paid them this £42-50 from monies you have paid them so theoretically the outstanding £42-50 belongs to the Council. If that makes sense.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As you have satisfied the debt and have entered into dispute over the notification you were given for the unlawful fees. They can turn up in a van, wheelbarrow or postie pats van but until they give you a reply to the question of the unlawful charges I wouldn't pay them a penny.

WD

Hi Plodd and Wonkey

I only paid the full LO to the council and not the £130.00 the B wanted. I really want them to explain (if they can ) why the unlawfull charges etc.

and if he comes back then such as the carousel will begin again?

Mr W

the council will have forwarded them the 130

Not if Mr Worried is disputing the charges,

Mr Worried have you been incontact with the council and have disputed the charges with them, if not then I would get a letter off to them sharpish out lining what they have charged for etc

Hi and thanks for the replys.

I only paid what the council asked for the (LO) the £130.00 that was on his letter was not paid to anybody as I new the charges were unlawfull ( experience from this site).

So the B got zilch for his efforts, and rightly so for trying to defraud me.

Cheers

Mr W