Calls from AIC for someone else

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello folks

I've got a brand new mobile phone number and the very first call I've had on it was an automated message from AIC requesting that a person whose name isn't mine call them urgently.

It seems they're a debt collection company. I called them gave them the reference and explained that I'm not this person, it's a new number and nothing to do with me, but all that got me was an aggressive response that I must be this person as they have given my number.

I refused to give my name as it's none of their business, and I don't want my name associated with someone elses debt and they said they would keep calling unless I did. So I made one up. Bizarre.

Anyway if they keep ringing, as I suspect they will, what can I do about it to make them stop?

first complain to the mobile supplier you are getting threat calls from this company for what may be a previous owner of the number, they should change the number free of charge,

and dont ring these idiots back ,

if they ring again just say you have reported it to the Police etc etc , for harrasment , threats etc

there will be others come along and give you further advise on ways to stop them

I don't want a new number, I like this one!

So do the DCAs by the sound of it ...

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)