off sick but company do not believe my doctor?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been involved in a minor accident and recieved whiplash, my doctor has signed me off work for three weeks. But somebody in work has told my manager I was actually going on a course to acquire another job (which is not true).

They have sent me a letter telling me to go to their occupational health doctor to confirm my diagnosis, they obviously do not believe me or my doctor and want to discipline me....Can they do this? They normally only send staff there when people have an on-going problem or long term sickness and want to return to work.

Hi. Last time this cropped up, I think caggers suggested going to the OH doctor.

I was sent by work and the guy was very professional and told the truth about what was wrong with me to HR. Often, the OH person can be an ally to you. They may want to know if this condition will be long-lasting, which could have implications for the DDA [Disability Discrimination Act], or if you might need changes made at work because of your injury. Certainly they asked my OH consultant if my problem was likely to come under it.

Any thoughts guys?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Well, I would go, I went to an OH yesterday, he was such a nice man. I was dreading it, but I had asked for an independent OH, not a company one, I got what I wanted, and couldn;t believe the guy when he came down firmly on my side, and intends to advise my employer that I have become ill because of them.

Don't be frightened of it, just go and have done with it - you have a genuine injury and an OH should back you. Also let your GP know about this, so its on record, because of course its upset you hasn't it? Stressed you out hasn't it?;) Some of these employers are very unkind aren't they?