chrisnorden v Barclays

chrisnorden
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Monday 7/8 Posted SAR form (with £10 cheque) using template letter, asking for 6 years worth

Monday 14/8 Received 2 envelopes with 9 years worth of statements, and my cheque returned, stating that they don't charge for this service.

Saturday 19/8 Posted Request for return of penalty charges and interest shown, including a spreadsheet schedule, for a total of £1145. No going back now - we'll see what sort of response/defence we get - if any.

Sent my request off last Monday & have just received a nice reply from Mike Brophy ( head of Customer relations ) @ Head Office in E14, I quote ;-

I refer to your recent letter regarding the charges you have incurred.

All correspondence has now been passed to me in accordance with oyr internal complaints process. I am committed to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible and I will investigate the mayyer thouroughly with due regards to your comments.

I expect to contact you again by 13 September. ( I think not ! they know the timescale ).

Copy of complaints procedure enclosed - how kind ! And to telephone should I wish to discuss.

Well I think a letter back advising they have 14 days to respond and return MY money otherwise it will be time to file.

:)

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Some advice please.

Sent letter containing schedule of charges I was asking for (approx £1450) - 1st 14 days are up 2/9/06

Received letter (looks standard) today from Jay Sobers, Customer Relations Advisor, apologising for the fact that I have cause for concern over level of service, and will reply or update asap, but certainly by 22/9/06. (along with the obligatory leaflet)

Do I go "aggresive" and remind them the deadline is 2/9/06, but I'll give them another 14 days?

I want to appear reasonable, but forceful, without unecessarily putting their backs up, and giving them ammunition should I need to proceed further.

Regards to all and keep up the good fight

Hi Chrisnorden,

Firstly stick to your schedule not theirs...

secondly, it's entirely upto you but, In my humble opinion it's LBA time, otherwise they may well lead you a merry dance at their pace and to be honest weather you get their backs up or not you've got to let em know that YOU MEAN BUSINESS:-D

Good Luck

LETS ROCK !!!:D :D :D

Thanks for the encouragement. Original 14 days up today. Fresh letter sent today - LBA - acknowledging disappointment at lack of refund, offering them 14 days from today to refund or I will go through claims process without further warning. Right approach??

Yes - that's the right approach

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06