yell.com

youngus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Emandcole,Nagasis,

Received a letter today from Moorcroft along with a cheque for £1.00 stating they are no longer dealing with the account and I should re submit my cca request to yell directly!!!!! I am not sure if Yell will farm me out to another D.C.A but thanks to you guys I have an idea of what to do now however if I cant speak soon! Many thanks guys!

Hi Emandcole,Nagasis,

Received a letter today from Moorcroft along with a cheque for £1.00 stating they are no longer dealing with the account and I should re submit my cca request to yell directly!!!!! I am not sure if Yell will farm me out to another D.C.A but thanks to you guys I have an idea of what to do now however if I cant speak soon! Many thanks guys!

Great, you've shown them you know what's what and they've done the right thing and dropped it. Yell may well pass to another DCA but you know exactly how to handle them too now.

As for stemming this matter at source you need to deal with Yell directly and demand they substantiate any agreement in writing or drop the matter. I would also ask to see where they obtained your permission to disclose personal details to any DCA and if they cannot do that make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office for data protection issues.

If they persist with harrassing you inform your local Trading Standards officers, detailing the whole complaint with copies of your well kept paperwork and politely insist something is done about them.

Good job dealing with them though :D

Hi to all,

I found the forum by typing YELL problems in Google and it seems that I have found here the most valuable information I need against them.

My story is quite same as many others.

quite same thing has happened to me last October (2009).

The small difference was that I was miss-leaded all the way 'till the confirmation e-mail. I was thinking of starting a cleaning company and I've set-up a trial website as well.

When I've agreed on the price which the consultant told me over the phone (around £500) for one year he asked me to replay on his e-mail saying that this is to confirm identity and later I will get the contract by post. I asked him is I should read the email first and he said that there is no need and it is the same that he told me already so I stupidly believed and confirmed.

Straight after that I have got an e-mail with all details including the full price which was higher than the originally quoted by the salesman. He just forgot to mention about the VAT. You can imagine how that small detail makes all the difference. I called him straight away and ask about why I was miss leaded. And so on and so on. Finally I told him that I don't want the service any more.(and I didn't even start to use it, never log in). He promised to get back to me with solution but never did so.

Next week I've decided not to proceed with the company (I have never register such a company really) so I've cancelled the website (that includes the e-mail accounts) and just for the record they do not have my real tel. number as I gave them (by mistake) lucky me, my old number which does not exists any more.

After I have got the first paper pack from them asking for my signature I ignored it because I was thinking that if I don't sign there won't be a contract.

It would be interesting to say that there is CREDIT AGREEMENT regulated by the consumer credit act 1974. It says there: Sign only if you want to be legally bound by its terms. Does that makes any difference?

And so the money chasing letters started to coming. They have also my Initials only (shame on them) and not my full name.

Now they are saying that they will give my details on a debt collection agency.

I am not entirely sure what they are really able to do and should they prove first that there is such an agreement between them and me or should I prove all that what I said above (that I've been miss-leaded) and take them to court.

What could possibly happen if I absolutely ignore them? Even if they finally go to court to ask for some kind of order (I am not entirely sure how does that happens) they need to provide some kind of evidence, right?

I will be more happy to hear your opinion and will keep you informed if anything else happens.

Hi Mimi, did you get anywhere with your story? Do you still need any help?

Hi,

I have got a coppy of the acceptance (But it doesn't looks official to me at all, no name or anything). Other than that I have got another letter but I didn't open it and will return it with "not at this address anymore". That was the best I tought of. The address is all they have got from my details. And the surname and first initial.

Ignoring their letters may be the best I can do.

I am not sure how far they can get with the detais they held for me but have a feeling that won't be to court order. :roll:

I will appreciate anyone's opinion and I am so curious of what it is going to happen...:???:

The compannies like this one does not deserve existance. No one can get far in business by cheating customers.:!:

Hi,

I have got a coppy of the acceptance (But it doesn't looks official to me at all, no name or anything). Other than that I have got another letter but I didn't open it and will return it with "not at this address anymore". That was the best I tought of. The address is all they have got from my details. And the surname and first initial.

Ignoring their letters may be the best I can do.

I am not sure how far they can get with the detais they held for me but have a feeling that won't be to court order. :roll:

I will appreciate anyone's opinion and I am so curious of what it is going to happen...:???:

The compannies like this one does not deserve existance. No one can get far in business by cheating customers.:!:

Hi Mimi, would advise trying to deal with this rather than running from it. Two reasons. Firstly if the debt is fully evidenced and all above board then attempting to ignore it and sending letters back will get you nowhere, plus there's the possibility that the DCA may sneak a CCJ against you just for the hell of it.

Secondly, if you deal with it and you discover they don't have the correct info etc you'll feel a whole lot better having dealt with it and knowing where you stand. Just my view so you're welcome to adopt what is best for you ;).

If you choose to deal with it head on start a thread so we can go through the steps to determine what the play is on this. Post a link on here and we can go from there :D.

I have no idea of how to start dealing with them at all.

Please feel free to suggest any actions to get that matter further.

I still don't understand how they can do anything and make me liable when they don't have my full details. Against whom will they act (in any means)? Against the address and a surname?

What will be their evidence that I gave any agreement to anything? Shouldn't they prove that first, before get that court order?

Please note that I never even used their service, neither even log on their website. I just can't understand because I am not aware how the system works. If you can give me some light over those questions I will be so grateful :idea::idea::idea::idea:

Go to Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums and click the 'new thread' button (top or bottom of the list), give your story from the start and ask for help. Someone will no doubt come along to do that.

In the meantime, go back over the way youngus was advised in this thread and try to understand the various steps taken, as you'll have to go through them too. It's no more scary than the letters you will get from Debt Collection Agencies if you ignore the matter altogether.

Sending letters back marked 'not at this address' does not help, that could go against you in any action taken. It's not unknown for some DCA's to take the matter to court and get judgement by default.

HTH

• Haha 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Please feel free to suggest any actions to get that matter further.

I still don't understand how they can do anything and make me liable when they don't have my full details. Against whom will they act (in any means)? Against the address and a surname?

What will be their evidence that I gave any agreement to anything? Shouldn't they prove that first, before get that court order?

Please note that I never even used their service, neither even log on their website. I just can't understand because I am not aware how the system works. If you can give me some light over those questions I will be so grateful :idea::idea::idea::idea:

Hi, as Hillards has pointed out go over this thread from page 1 and you'll read what to do. As you've pointed out it appears Yell have a very odd system going on but you need to expose that for what it is.

The DCA's have no idea what the account is about - their job is simply to harass you on command when the instructing party tells them to go fetch. They have no interests in legalities or the ins and outs of any account so it's up to you to draw their attention to the difficulties so they realise you know what's what.

Start your thread as advised above, go over this current thread and then if you have any specific questions after that get back to us ok? Let us know when you have your thread started.

• Haha 1

I couldn't read through the whole thread, but I was in the same situation, except yell were billing me for a category I never requested.

Believe it or not, consistent demands to speak to supervisors at yell and spending possibly 5 hours total badgering them yielded results for me and I was credited the full amount I 'owed'.

Might be worth a call.

• 8 months later...

While we are on the subject of this, Can Yell legally supply Consumer Credit Agreements to businesses such as a limited company?

If we look at the below agreement, which yell tred to get me to sign, but refused

Below is a copy of the credit agreement.

Is it me or are yell (Yellow Pages) deliberately trying to secure payments against an employee and not the business??

If you read the smaller print, You, your, Customer referees to the Customer Name and Yell always insert a personal Name in this box and not the company name.

Also can a Business be bound by a Consumer Credit Agreement, did not think a business would be classed as a Consumer???

Said to our account manager, what happens if in some time in the future I leave the company and go and work else ware and then the company does not pay the monthly fees, I would be the one that yell comes after, and from a legal point of view, I would be personally liable for a company debt.

His response was, all our customers sign theses agreements.

yell.jpg

• 4 months later...