paid tax and ni on wrong ni number

craig8661
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

was working for a well known supermarket as a christmas temp there called t##co cant fault job etc as was great.

problem arouse in induction i gave them my p45 and bank details.

not had any pay slips from them but assumed wages was low until the 1st week in december when i finaly got one i found that they had the first two letters of my ni wrong so have been paying emergancy tax on some one elses tax number i told them and they said they had to wait for the inland revenue to issue the correct one.

well my job ended on the 1st of jan and my n i is still wrong so dare say the p45 will come to me wrong as well.

how do i go about getting this mess up corrected and also claiming the emrgancy tax back i was only pt and a 20 hour week so was only just over the £100 a week so should not have been taxed or have much tax taken.

T**co will have or will shortly provide a December return to the Tax authorities of all the Tax and NI deductions for the month. I suggest you visit your local tax office towards the end of January and take with you evidence of your correct NI number and the payslip provided by that large supermarket and let the tax office resolve your overcharge. This is by far quicker than doing it via mail correspondence.

will do i have proof of my n i number and also i think there daft for getting it wrong even with my p45 with correct tax code on it.

my local office is not to far away about 20 miles so will go down next week and get it sorted out