Re: Connaught collections

21lc21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again,

I am currently trying to write a letter to Connaught requesting for details relating the CCJ issued against me in 2001. Is there a standard 'type' letter that I could send asking for this information. I have also been trying to speak to Citizens Advice but unable to get in touch. Can anyone help me please.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You wont find a template letter for this situation. What Connaught are trying to do is wrong. If you had a CCJ issued in 2001 it possibly would have been by Northampton Court, if you have been paying all that time then they HAVE to go back to court to get a further injunction, if not they still have to go back to court.

Either way they are trying to get you to admit you still have a liability for the whole amount of this debt.

I would contact the Registry Trust and see if there is anything registered against you, they are the people who supposedly would have 'passed' this information to Connaught. If they haven't got it then the CCJ is technically dead and Connaught would have to have substantially different grounds to reclaim against you.

I think it is Game Over in legal terms here....

You wont find a template letter for this situation. What Connaught are trying to do is wrong. If you had a CCJ issued in 2001 it possibly would have been by Northampton Court, if you have been paying all that time then they HAVE to go back to court to get a further injunction, if not they still have to go back to court.

Either way they are trying to get you to admit you still have a liability for the whole amount of this debt.

I would contact the Registry Trust and see if there is anything registered against you, they are the people who supposedly would have 'passed' this information to Connaught. If they haven't got it then the CCJ is technically dead and Connaught would have to have substantially different grounds to reclaim against you.

I think it is Game Over in legal terms here....

or you could write

Dear Cretins

I am unaware of the CCJ you refer to. Please therefore send me the following details

1. Date and Court of Judgement

2. Court Reference Number

3. Details of Judgement

4. Details of the variation you refer to

On receipt of this information I will assess my liabilities if any as well as what further action I may need to take with regard to your recent threatening letters

yours etc

Hi Sillygirl1,

Many thanks for you response. You mention Registry Trust - how do I get in touch with them???? and should I still send letter to Connaught asking for CCJ information?

No, CCJs are normally only valid for 6 years, so if it isnt registered on there you should now go to Northampton Bulk Court and see if they have anything.

Either way, as I said earlier Connaught are now in BIG trouble and you should send their letter to the FOS with an explanation and complain about their attitude.