• Tweets

• I do disagree with you regarding one thing - we are not very good with letters or these situations and are slow on the uptake. So far you have stood up to Excel and their threats, immediately given us the information in the sticky, done loads of reading up to educate yourselves, learnt from the mistake of outing the driver so you'll know not to do so in the future, got on to the organ grinder to try to get them to call off their dogs, etc., etc.  Good grief - we wish everyone who came here would do this!!! Most people who get these invoices sadly think they have been fined and if they don't pay a drone from Ukraine will be diverted and will fall on their home (or some such vague grand apocalyptic threat) and they fold and give in.  You haven't.  Well done. Don't worry - you won't be paying a penny.  Although it will take some time to see off this vile company.
    • Spot on!  You learn quickly. Who cares if the case gets sent to debt collectors?  They have no powers.  All the effort you will have to put in will be to open envelopes - and then spend time laughing at their daft "threats".  No stress at all!
    • I did ask them why, but seems they have more spare cash than we do .. ;-( .. I doubt their bank would even support a chargeback after a year has passed. Anyway I've constructed my first DRAFT Snotty Letter .. so here goes ..   RE: PCN 4xxxxx Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept, Thank you for your dubious Letter Of Claim (dated 29th April 2024) of £100 for just 2 minutes of overstay. The family rolled around on the floor in amazement of the idea you actually think they’d accept this nonsense, let alone being confused over the extra unlawful £70 you had added. Shall we raise that related VAT issue with HMRC, or perhaps the custodians of the unicorn grain silos? Apart from the serious GDPR breach you’ve made with the DVLA and your complete failure in identifying the driver, we’re dumbfounded that the PCN is still not compliant with the PoFA (2012 Schedule 4 Under Section 9.2.f) even after 12 years of pathetic trial and error. We also doubt a judge would be very impressed at your bone idleness and lack of due diligence regarding the ANPR entry / exit periods compared with actual valid parking periods. Especially with no consideration of the legally allowed grace periods and the topological nature of the Cornish landscape versus a traditional multi-storey. And don’t even get us started on the invisible signage during the ultra busy bank holiday carnage, that is otherwise known as the random parking chaos in the several unmarked over-spill fields, or indeed the tedious “frustration of contract” attempting to get a data connection to Justpark.  We suggest your clients drop this extreme foolishness or get an absolute hammering in court. We are more than ready to raise the issues with a fair minded judge, who will most likely laugh your clients out in less time than it takes to capture more useless ANPR photos. We will of course be requesting “an unreasonable costs order” under CPR 27.14.2.g and put it toward future taxis to Harlyn Bay instead.  We all look forward to your clients' deafening silence. Legal Counsel on behalf of the Vehicle Keeper.  
    • Hi,t I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right subsection but General Retail appears to be the closest to it I think... About a year and a half ago I got a new phone so I listed my iPhone 10 on eBay.  The listed stated 'UK only' and 'no returns accepted'. Considering I had had the phone for about 4 years, I myself was amazed that I had kept it in such good condition all that time - apart from being slightly scuffed around the charging port there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It had the original box, its unopened original Apple cable, plug, and earbuds, and I threw in a case for it and It had always had a screen protector on it. Someone wanted it from Armenia, and I stupidly agreed to it.  She paid and I sent it off, fully insured. Not long after she received it, she sent a message saying it 'was not as described', so I asked to see photos of whatever was the problem.  She sent two photographs of the box.  Just the box.  I said I wasn't even going to consider refunding her unless she told me what she meant by 'not as described'.  I thought, if it's been damaged in transit, then it would be covered by the insurance. Anyway, she didn't respond at all, even though I had messaged her several times, so she opened a case with eBay. I have sold a fair few things of mine on eBay in the past buy had never had had anyone come back to me asking for a refund.  I got in touch with eBay several times by phone and by email, and found out they always side with the buyer, no matter what with their 'eBay Seller Guarantee'.  She had been told she could keep the phone and told me they would recover the money from me from my account blah blah.  So I unlinked all of my cards etc and changed my bank account to one that I never use with no money in it. My account got suspended.  I continued to try to explain to eBay that I had been scammed but I got nowhere. My account was permanently inaccessible by this point. I reported the phone stolen and the IMEI blacklisted but I'm not sure if that would make any difference being in Armenia, but it was all I could think of to piss the buyer off. A couple of months later I was contacted by email by a debt recovery company (I can' remember who now), to whom I explained I will not discuss the matter with them until I had received an SAR I had requested from eBay. As I could no longer access my account, I couldn't review the communication I needed to show I was not in the wrong. The SAR was produced but I was advised that the information I was looking for would not be included but I said I wanted it anyway.  There were so many codes etc. and hoops to jump through to access it, that even after trying whilst on the phone to them, I still couldn't get into it, so I never got to see it in the end.  I think they said they would send the code by post but they never did and I forgot about it after a while. I've just come across a couple of emails from Moorgroup, asking me to phone them to discuss a private matter regarding eBay.  I haven't replied or done anything at all yet.  The amount they are trying to recover from me is £200ish from what I remember. I know it's not that much but I don't want to pay the b*astards on general principle. I've had a lot of useful advice from CAG in the past about debt collectors but it has always been about being chased by creditors, I've never been in this situation before. I don't know what power they legally have to recover the 'debt', and most importantly, I am two years into a DRO, and the last thing I want is another CCJ to shake off if I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face.   Any advice gratefully received!!
    • Hi, I have the Sims 4 on Macbook. Over the last year I have paid for multiple add on packs spending a lot of money on them. I bought them all in good faith as my Mac met all the minimum requirements to play them. I have been playing happily for about a year and bought my latest pack just over a week ago. The games were all working fine yesterday. Then suddenly today EA released a new app to launch the games and this new app requires a MAC OS that my computer cannot use. Now suddenly none of my games are accessible and I am unable to play anything. They did not warn us about this change in requirements and if I had known they would be doing this I wouldn't have bought all these add ons as they are now all totally unusable. The games themselves have not changed, only their app to launch them and I can't afford to buy a brand new mac just to play. So my question is how can they change the minimum requirements after I have paid for a game? I agreed to pay for them based on the fact my mac met their requirements and was not informed when purchasing that this would be an issue in the future. I understand new games (like Sims 5 which is to be released next year) might not be compatible but this is a 10yr old game that they have suddenly made inaccessible due to their new launch app. Does anybody know if I can do anything or anyway to get a partial refund from them? Thanks   Here are their T&C... I can't find anything in there about them being able to do this so not sure what to do https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Yes Car And Charging Order ** WON **

gdk2711
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok

as long as the judge rules in my favour go-debt cannot chase me or harass me and the charging order and the agreement is void

and they have to remove it

that is correct, what may happen is

1 you may lose

2 you may win hopefully, and i think we have a good chance

if you do the ccj and charging order are removed, however, they can then reapply for a ccj, which YOU MUST defend, they can still ring you ask for money etc etc but if they want to enforce it they have to go back to court.. it doesnt mean the agreement is void, that is for another time and place

the debt will be 6yrs old on the 24 march 2010 does this mean then i can go for a stature barred and then they cannot hassle me

how long will it take for them to re-apply for another ccj/charging order

firstly this ppi letter i cant find it on your thread what does it say?

second statute barred, i really dont know where you will stand there, as in order for it to be statute barred you must not have acknowledged debt or made any payment towards debt in past 6 years..however, they have a ccj against you at the moment lets concentrate on getting that set aside first and worrying about the future when it comes up, how long it takes them to re-apply is anyone guess, could be if it is after march then we may be able to use sb'd defence along with dodgy cca, hope this helps

charging order, remember if we manage to set aside and they reapply for ccj and they are successful at obtaining one cos remember this time you are going to defend the action, then you would have to default on the ccj first before they can apply for another charge order, hope that puts your mind at rest on that, let me know about ppi letter and what is says

debt4get has given you really good and sound advice

you need to sperate the issues as i think you are trying to roll them into on

go ahead with the set aside as advised - this puts you back into first position and gives you the opportunity to defend any action

ppi - you need to so this as a seperate issue for the moment

i think oyu just need to deal with this one step at a time rather than trying to think ahead

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

explantion of default on ccj, if you owe a company money and they take you to the county court, and you do not defend then the company obtains a ccj, the court then sets a pound figure that you are supposed to pay every week, if you do not pay, either because you didnt know or didnt want to, then the company goes back to court and says you have defaulted on your payment and as such i wish the court to try to enforce payment by putting a charge on the defendants property, which is what has happened to you, i hope this clarifies that for you? have you entered the paperwork for the court yet?

also as ida has advised you are going down the what if route.. the best thing to do is to get the set aside sorted out first...they cant have railroaded you into a default, either it was paid or it wasnt... it couldnt have been paid because as you say you had no idea that any court action had actually taken place..hence the charging order, if we can get the set aside that puts us back to square one, no ccj no charging order..hope this makes sense

yes thanks

i also have had some legal advice from the solicitor (the one who is helping with house sale)

He states the is a chap who deals with this type of law..

now he has stated that if go debt cannot come up with a true original copy of the agreement we can argue the case..

but i have told him i keep getting photo copys..

and according to go debt they say its legal

also i requested it again and they sent me half of a forest worth of paper work 1. was the agreement again and the other is the paperwork showing the purchase of said debt..

To be honest i have no idea what the hell that was sent for

set aside going in tomorrow....

Wil also pass on any information from this fella i will be speaking to aswell

It may well help others in the future regarding d.a.f/ycc/go debt

HOPE IT HELPS ME ASWELL....LETS KEEP FINGERS CROSSED

Good luck!

Ok keep us informed. Remember to put there are unlawful charges added to the account, every little piece of information you have will help with the set aside. So you have unlawful charges, PPI mis sold, default notice issued without your knowledge, charging order without you going to defend etc it all helps. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks

We have a new weapon now...

The solicitor who is involved in the sale of my property

Has told me of a chap who does this sort of thing and hates dca's

i am meeting with him today at 1130am 9/2/2010

i shall post details of any info relevant for our caggers

WILL KEEP YOU POSTED

I have had a stroke of luck today

Put set aside in to court and the lady dealing with me told me a fella overheard me talking about go-debt

So i spoke to him and a very interesting chat re go-debt and ycc

Now i cannot give details yet...

BUT IF THESE PEOPLE CAN HELP ME AND WIN, WITH THERE PERMISSION

I WILL POST DETAILS

LETS HOPE GO-DEBT, GO-BUST........

Will keep you informed of outcome may be a while but i will not forget the caggers who took the time to help me.......

I have had a stroke of luck today

Put set aside in to court and the lady dealing with me told me a fella overheard me talking about go-debt

So i spoke to him and a very interesting chat re go-debt and ycc

Now i cannot give details yet...

BUT IF THESE PEOPLE CAN HELP ME AND WIN, WITH THERE PERMISSION

I WILL POST DETAILS

LETS HOPE GO-DEBT, GO-BUST........

Will keep you informed of outcome may be a while but i will not forget the caggers who took the time to help me.......

Sounds like interesting news!

Good Luck To All Caggers

Keep All Paperwork From Go-debt And Record Or Log All Phone Calls

Lets Give Go-debt A New Name People

Go-screw Yourselves Ltd

I Will Keep You Updated And Please Keep Me Updated Of Your Situation

Edited by MARTIN3030