LLoyd charge reclaiming

conchy_joe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i've just received a reply to my letter asking that my charges be repaid,they are dismayed that i'm not happy with them and say that their enquiries should be complete within two weeks when they will be able to respond in full and hopefully resolve the matter.i'm deeply suspiscious and don't see that it will take two weeks to add up and confirm my figures.should i stick to the "7 days" schedule and fire off the next letter.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had exactly the same thing yesterday. I'm sticking to the 14 day rule for the second letter (LBA).

This sort of reaction just hardens my resolve to persue this through.

So I'm with you on this one (nearly to the date).

Stick to your guns!!!

Good luck.

• 7 months later...

After sending the first two letters to Lloyds i got back a letter offering £750 as full and final settlement, but the amount i'm going after is £1759 plus £120 court fees. Should i ignore this letter and go ahead with the summons or is there a standard reply to their letter. i'm concerned as they said that they will credit my account within the next few days,are they waiting to see my response.

There is a letter rejecting part payment in the Library section.

Carry on with your claim and deduct £750 from the most recent charges.

They *should* credit your account - they did mine but yet others who got told that never received their credit.....and they won't take it back so go spend it :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,I wrote to Lloyds on 3/3/07 claiming £1759 in default charges,these charges date back to 11/3/02.On 12/4/07 I received a letter from Lloyds saying they were prepared to offer me £750 in full and final payment of my complaint,they duly reduced my overdraft by this amount.I wrote to them on 18/4/07 saying I would only accept the amount as part settlement.Since that time everything seems to have come to a standstill,with the time taken by the OFT to investigate and then prepare their case,then the time taken by the court,and now we all wait for the banks to make their move.My big worry is that some of the earlier items that I am claiming are now over the six year mark.Can someone help me please,should I put in a claim for the "balance" ignoring the six year limit,or re-write it adjusted accordingly.I need advice badly,I had a handle on this matter but an illness in the family got me derailed for quite some time.

Hi Conchy, don't worry about it as bank charges can be construed to come under the exclusions in the Sola, namely that the banks have knowingly or mistakenly not disclosed the true cost of bouncing a cheque or paying out when the funds are not available.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have already written to Lloyds requesting that they repay bank charges and excess overdraft interest,

they in return offered £750 in full and final payment(my claim was for £1800)

I replied with the standard letter.

Since that time I have received a monthly statement showing a charge for overdraft interest,

can I claim back these charges along with the balance of charges/excess overdraft interest which I am in the process of doing now.

I need to act quickly as they have written to me giving me two days to pay the outstanding balance

or they will refer my account to their debt collectors.

I'd be grateful for any help you can give.

Yes you can.

Write to them. Put the whole sum in dispute and tell them that you are commencing court action.

Don't expect any commonsense or meaningful dialogue from them. They are bullies.

Thanks Bankfodder,Just to clarify,even though it just states "overdraft interest" and not o/draft excess I can still claim along with the remaining unfair charges.As an additional bit of information they wrote to me last year offering to put the entire overdraft in the form of a loan..I ignored this letter because I didn't want to lose the original description of the amount I wanted to reclaim.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,I wrote to Lloyds to reclaim £1879 in bank charges,they took off £750 saying it was a good will offer and was final.I wrote back with the standard letter saying that I was only accepted as part payment and that if they did not pay the balance I would be going through the courts.My problem is that I do not know how to calculate or apply the 8% interest.When I file my claim I'm going to list all the charges,then deduct the £750.Could someone please help me with the 8%.

Hi,

The spreadsheets are here..................

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/118-interest-calculation-spreadsheets

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You could decide to seek restitutionary damages in which case you could even claim compensation on the £750 already handed back to you

• 4 weeks later...

hi bankfoder , could you please help sir.

the funding corp , i had a loan in 05 saw ppi on cancelled never received refund over paid 850 started writing in march of this year and of course they denied it all , discovered in the statement this figure hidden via wording and in the balance colu, confronted them and they offered the 850 back , ive said i seek full contractual interest + restitutional interest . how do i work the restitutional interest out from 04/05 for my court papers . i will double check exact % and get back to you , now off to work , most of my court bundle is ready various cases etc just need to work out the above for a lba and then off to court, and not a threat its been long enough .i have tried every angle as the courts suggest now time for business action

Edited by charley2212

• 3 weeks later...
And why should those who end up paying charges subsidise your free banking?

Well said!

NatWest CLAIM

3.02.07 - S.A.R (Subject Access Request) sent to NatWest

06.02.07 - RM confirm S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) delivered

13.02.07 - Acknowledgement letter received from NatWest

14.02.07 - 6 years worth statements arrived

21.02.07 - prelim sent - 22.02.07 - RM confirm prelim delivered

09.03.07 - L.B.A. sent recorded delvery - 12.03.07. Rm confirm delivery

15.03.07 - Offer received (dated 07.03.07)

LLOYDS TSB CLAIM

12.02.07 - S.A.R. sent recorded delivery

22.02.07 - recorded delivery still not delivered!

15.03.07 - first lot of statements received

17.03.07 - 40 envelopes received!!

Indeed a fair charge for everyone thats why this country is in the state it is because og two sets of rules.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

We are not disputing interest its the unfair high level of charges like £25 to send you a letter informing you that you are overdrawn.

Got nothing against interest that what makes the world go around.

It the damm high level of charges that are just not fair.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.