JSa

angel2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, that does seem like quite a long time to be waiting. If they can't explain clearly what is holding up your claim, I'd suggest that you (politely) ask to speak to the new claims supervisor.

It's possible, of course, that this is simply how long it takes to process a claim in your area, and the Christmas/New Year breaks have held things up a bit. But all the same, if there are no complications, it does sound like you've been waiting a long time. And if there are complications, the staff should be able to tell you what they are and whether there's anything you can do to expedite things.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I phoned last week and they said someone would get back to me within 24 hours, it didnt happen!

Phone today, send it would get passed to a Supervisor and 3 hour call back.....

4 hours has now passed, great service we have.

Hi Angel, It can take up to six weeks at the moment for a JSA claim to be processed, as you can imagine they are pretty snowed under at the moment. My recommendation to you is to ring everyday and make sure that you have your mobile on you at all times or that you are by your home phone as they are only required to ring you once and if you don't answer they will not try again until you ring again, this is purely down to the sheer volume of call backs they are receiving at the moment. When you ring ask the operator if they can see if anything is outstanding on your claim i.e bank statements as this will stop your claim from getting processed. Advise them also that you have rung before and not received a call back, and keep doing it until you do. Good luck!

I phoned last week and they said someone would get back to me within 24 hours, it didnt happen!

Phone today, send it would get passed to a Supervisor and 3 hour call back.....

4 hours has now passed, great service we have.

Sounds familiar. This is just the warm up routine to the fun you're just going to have when it's finally processed.icon7.gif

It might be fun but I have no money to put in the gas meter

I think that remark was intended as sarcasm rather than the suggestion that it will actually be fun. Some people find it easier to pepper the forum with cynical comments than offer helpful advice.

Anyway I agree with the idea for the Crisis Loan. Whilst it won't resolve whatever is outstanding on the claim it will help with any immediate expenses whilst there's a delay giving you some breathing space.

I know angel but please understand my cynicism. See my post about can anyone defend Jobcentres etc. The routine failure of JCP/call centres to me obligations just beggars belief and they just can't comprehend the damage and aggrivation they cause let alone the additional expense they put you through. The hoops you are going to have to jump through to get any and I say again, any recourse, is horrendous and just gets swept under the carpet. Persevere though and eventually it will come through but in the mean time make an appointment to see your MP as a complaint from them is less likely to be ignored and might trigger enough of them to stop filling in expense forms and actually do something about an incompetent shambles.

Back on track :)

Lou good point

ring up ask for a crisis loan, they then ring the section and ask if any benefit is due, the section look at your claim if it is and the only reason for not processing is delay then this will not do, the claim has to be processed because social fund has to refuse the loan as there is benefit due and in theory you should have money coming

heliosuk, I work at the jobcentre as a benefit processor and have worked on JSA previously and can assure you that there are a lot of people working very hard to ensure that people get paid their money as quickly as is humanly possible. In any organisation you are going to come up against human or system error and the bigger the customer base the more mistakes there will be. I and many others who work there have also been on the receiving end of delays in getting paid benefits and understand the frustrations of it all, but we can only do what we can and try and help in anyway possible. I'm sorry that you seem to feel we are all just sitting back on our haunches and not caring about the people we are dealing with but can honestly assure you that it is not the case!

p.s Mikey is right if you call for a crisis loan they will check with the benefit section if your claim can be put into pyt that day as they would rather you were paid benefit you were entitled to rather than give you a loan as the repayments would have to be taken out of your benefit. Definitely worth giving them a call as it may just resolve the situation for you. And they will be able to tell you why they cannot process your claim if not.

I think it is the best way forward, we have to get claims on quickly when social fund ring.

and I would like to congratulate Helisouk on finding fulltime work the Jobcentre cant be all that bad :) hope it works out well for you :)

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

and I would like to congratulate Helisouk on finding fulltime work the Jobcentre cant be all that bad :) hope it works out well for you :)

Thanks mikey and it's appreciated though it wasn't through the jobcentre. Was the old firm asking me to come back asap as in the doo doo. I would point out though, and have never denied it, the vast majority are pleasant and sympathetic and I have never lost the plot with any of them. I have been firm, but never abusive or rude. The problem seems to be in the processing centres and call centres where they promise and then don't deliver and this is what causes the frustration.

So here's a message to those here who are involved with the job centres etc. If you say you're going to do something, do it and make sure you can meet your promises. It's this that causes the problems!!!

I'll leave the Jobcentres alone now on the forums and continue to pay obscene amounts towards their operation from the end of the month.;)