A/covert Security Services Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi To All

I got a tkt on new years eve, basically it was within a shopping centre car park area....

[then you go on to say]

...' I asked him why he had clamped etc, and why the fee is £100.00 but you will give me a discount if paid within 14 days of £50.00.

I appreciate it would seem to have been answered but on one hand you say you received a "Tk" then go on to say you were "Clamped".

Two quite different situations that would require different approaches - if you are asking for advice we need to know what has happened factually.

Your first mistake was contacting them however all you need to do now as others have said is:

1. Ignore

2. Ignore some more

3. Go to 1 - or if your not happy with that Ignore even some more

4. You must now go to 1

He got irate and said, well dont pay then, and I will send a bailiff.

He can send a bailiff round in the same way I now say you owe me £100 for typing this reply which if I don't have in my hand by 17:00 Today (thats the 8 Jan BTW) I will send a bailiff to collect.

Believe me ?

Any advice on this please as to what I should do next.

See above and all other posts.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for the advice, however the tkt was placed on the car and it says offence section 10 = Parked in an unorthourised or restricted area?.

I've just said you owe me £100.

How can I get away with that ?

My OH is giving me grief as the car is registered in her name...

In which case sit down with her, spend some time going through this and other threads on PPC's (they all operate under the same business model) and understand how they operate and most importantly why you are being told to ignore them.

Understand who the contract is with - the basic of Contract Law and what losses can be claimed together with why the PPC's write to the RK.

That way you should be able to pass the same information onto your family and friends should they end up in the same situation.

Once you have done that you should understand that whilst your wife, as the RK is receiving the junk mail she has nothing to do with the issue.

It is for the PPC to try and chase this debt with the driver. They have no idea who was driving the car (unless of course you gave the game away in your phone call) and just take a punt on contacting the RK.

Can I not write to them and tell them bogg off and if so then who has a letter?

The general advise is Ignore - it is much easier for us to give that one simple answer however if you really do know what you are doing, understand the chain of events you could have your wife (as the RK) send a letter saying she does not acknowledge the debt, never entered into this alleged contract and wasn't driving - end of. Any other contact from the PPC to her would be considered demanding money with menace and forwarded to the Police.

Now if that seems a little daunting I'd suggest you stick with the advice already given - Ignore.

Edited by Blagton

ata sure thas barna tak na gorm on this ticit? if tha guz on abaht it onny longer asal pay't thing mesen, are recon its time to geron't tram and gerrof ome an stop mitherin abaht a srcap a paper that in't wurth paper its writen on.(yawn)

. Any other contact from the PPC to her would be considered demanding money with menace and forwarded to the Police.

That will give the cops a good laugh.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Help I recieved a parking ticket off the above company last night, due to being parked in a disabled bay I had disabled my badge unfortunately it had fallen down the dashboard, they are wanting £100 within 28 days or £50 within 14 days.

I have read your advice unfortunately I was a little hasty and I have sent them a letter complaining saying I am not willing to pay the bill as I have a valid disabled badge, I did put my address on the letter, I am now a little worried as your advise says not to contact them.

Would this make any difference regards ignoring further correspondence, as I believe that I should not pay them anything.

Thanks for any help

Edited by titch72

Help I recieved a parking ticket off the above company last night, due to being parked in a disabled bay I had disabled my badge unfortunately it had fallen down the dashboard, they are wanting £100 within 28 days or £50 within 14 days.

I have read your advice unfortunately I was a little hasty and I have sent them a letter complaining saying I am not willing to pay the bill as I have a valid disabled badge, I did put my address on the letter, I am now a little worried as your advise says not to contact them.

Would this make any difference regards ignoring further correspondence, as I believe that I should not pay them anything.

They may see you as a fish wrigging on the end of the line and if they send enough really scary letters you may give in !

Just don't bother to respond to anything else they send you - your next letter will be one that goes along the lines of "we have considered the comments in your letter but find no reason to cancel the charge on this occasion - pay up" !

As you have probably read already yiou will then receive a series of letters suggesting all manner of things will happen to you if you don't pay - it won't. File them away and you have something to show family or friends who might end up in the same situation in the future.

Don't forget though your Blue Badge means nothing on Private Land - in the same way whilst I don't have a Blue Badge I could park in a disabled bay in a supermarket as it is nothing more than another parking space with coloured paint on the floor (I hasten to add my own morals would stop me but that isn't the point being made).

Blagton.

They may see you as a fish wrigging on the end of the line and if they send enough really scary letters you may give in !

Just don't bother to respond to anything else they send you - your next letter will be one that goes along the lines of "we have considered the comments in your letter but find no reason to cancel the charge on this occasion - pay up" !

As you have probably read already yiou will then receive a series of letters suggesting all manner of things will happen to you if you don't pay - it won't. File them away and you have something to show family or friends who might end up in the same situation in the future.

Don't forget though your Blue Badge means nothing on Private Land - in the same way whilst I don't have a Blue Badge I could park in a disabled bay in a supermarket as it is nothing more than another parking space with coloured paint on the floor (I hasten to add my own morals would stop me but that isn't the point being made).

Blagton.

thanks for your reply I will let you know, have read other site and they suggest the same thing saying that they will have to fo through courts first before send bailiffs out. People propably feel threatened into paying, however I will stand my ground!!! and hopefully they will give up, as £100 is alot of money.

Thanks

Hi i am in the same situation we parked in a disabled bay(dec09) using my badge and returned to find a ticket of this company (my badge had fallen off the dashboard on to the floor )my husband saw the people who issued the ticket and explained what had happened but they said they couldnt do anything and write in to appeal .i found this site after i appealed also and recieved a letter from them last week saying i had been UNSUCCESSFUL (printed in capital letters on the letter ) as in line with the guidelines from the issuer of the blue badge it is clearly my responsibility to display the badge at the front of the vehicle so it can be inspected and because i had not displayed it in the appropriate manner it was unsuccessful. To avoid further action by a/covert i am advised to make a promt payment in bringing this matter to a conclusion .!!!! I am going to ignore this letter and however many more i recieve and hope they eventually give up .

Mr Worried, you may not even get a notice to owner or reminder notice , please keep us informed, I know about the company and believe they do not even contact the DVLA for registerd keepers details, if you do recieve a reminder notice, have a look to see who has actually sent it. If it is a third party someone representing a1/covert then see who initialy applied for youir details, if not covert company then they are in breach of the data protection act, you can request this info from the DVLA

Edited by twonames

Hi i am in the same situation we parked in a disabled bay(dec09) using my badge and returned to find a ticket of this company (my badge had fallen off the dashboard on to the floor )my husband saw the people who issued the ticket and explained what had happened but they said they couldnt do anything and write in to appeal .i found this site after i appealed also and recieved a letter from them last week saying i had been UNSUCCESSFUL (printed in capital letters on the letter ) as in line with the guidelines from the issuer of the blue badge it is clearly my responsibility to display the badge at the front of the vehicle so it can be inspected and because i had not displayed it in the appropriate manner it was unsuccessful. To avoid further action by a/covert i am advised to make a promt payment in bringing this matter to a conclusion .!!!! I am going to ignore this letter and however many more i recieve and hope they eventually give up .

FEDUP, have they got your details through the DVLA?

Mr Worried, you may not even get a notice to owner or reminder notice , please keep us informed, I know about the company and believe they do not even contact the DVLA for registerd keepers details, if you do recieve a reminder notice, have a look to see who has actually sent it. If it is a third party someone representing a1/covert then see who initialy applied for youir details, if not covert company then they are in breach of the data protection act, you can request this info from the DVLA[/quot

Will keep you informed.

Cheers

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• 5 weeks later...

hi everyone,i received a ticket on friday morning at 6.50 am at asda washington in the disabled parking section of the car park.i do have a blue badge but unfortunately did not display it.There was only one other car in the car park at the time.I was in the shop for all of five minutes and returned to see the so called parking officer walking away.I tried to reason with him by explaining that i had a permit,but he was not interested in seeing the permit.The fine is £100 or £50 if paid within 14days,but having read some other similar cases on your forum i get the general advice is to ignore the ticket as this is seen to be a [problem].

thanks in advance for any other advice you can pass on.......

hi everyone,i received a ticket on friday morning at 6.50 am at asda washington in the disabled parking section of the car park.

Same place as I got mine in June 2008. Still waiting for my first letter from the PPC! :D

Ignore it completely.

Do not Appeal

Do not write to them

Do not Telephone them

Do not respond to any of their letters (if you even get one)

Do not pay

ps I still park there if I nip over to Asda at "unsocial hours" which I do at maybe 9 or 10pm. At that time there are more than enough parking spaces in that upper level car park to cope with the entire volume of customers at Asda, as I am sure is also the case at 7am. I make a point of not using the bays nearer the doors though to leave space for the odd disabled driver who may be there at that time also, but have no intention of parking all the way over in the main car park at that time of night for no good reason.

Edited by crem

Is it A/covert Security Services [causing problems] at the Galleries now? It was Hadrian PPC in 2008. Maybe Hadrian gave up on the site if enough people were ignoring them. Lets hope we can get A/covert to go the same way. :D

hi everyone,i received a ticket on friday morning at 6.50 am at asda washington in the disabled parking section of the car park.i do have a blue badge but unfortunately did not display it.There was only one other car in the car park at the time.I was in the shop for all of five minutes and returned to see the so called parking officer walking away.I tried to reason with him by explaining that i had a permit,but he was not interested in seeing the permit.The fine is £100 or £50 if paid within 14days,but having read some other similar cases on your forum i get the general advice is to ignore the ticket as this is seen to be a [problem].

thanks in advance for any other advice you can pass on.......

Hi I got mine up there too and came here for advice, and I have heard nothing since new years eve.

Mr W

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Just been reading all your posts re; this ridiculous con!!!!

I have recently received a ticket from this company (Galleries, Washington) and at first was quite concerned as I've never received a parking ticket before :( and the charges of £100 or £50 within 14 days is absolutely unacceptable.

I do understand that this company have no contact/address details for me and of course I will not be entering into any communication with them.

I will ignore this ticket as you all suggest. Watch this space.

Just wanted to add my comments as I feel so empowered after reading all your posts.

Thank you :D

Hi there,

Just been reading all your posts re; this ridiculous con!!!!

I have recently received a ticket from this company (Galleries, Washington) and at first was quite concerned as I've never received a parking ticket before :( and the charges of £100 or £50 within 14 days is absolutely unacceptable.

I do understand that this company have no contact/address details for me and of course I will not be entering into any communication with them.

I will ignore this ticket as you all suggest. Watch this space.

Just wanted to add my comments as I feel so empowered after reading all your posts.

Thank you :D

Hi,

So you got ' done ' at the galleries too! just like me on New Years Eve

Heard nowt since...no panick man.

Mr W