Esa???

Lancslad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could somebody please advise me how often ESA should be paid into your bank account? I don't seem to have been paid since before christmas.

I had a major opperation in November, sent in a hospital note (covering time that I was in hospital) and a two week sick note from the consultant surgeon, after this I was given a further two week sick note from my GP, followed by a eight week note from the gp. Im still reciving weekly treatment from my Primary Health Care, I have been sent a letter for a Pathway to Work interview and yesterday recived a letter to be medically assesed!

Surely I shouldn't need to be assesed at a medical centre if i'm regually reciving treatment and my two consultants say that its going to take time until im fit again.

Yes, you will almost certainly have to attend the medical assessment, and also complete and return the form ESA50 (it's a self-assessment questionnaire form) when you are sent one. If you don't do these things, your benefit will stop. There aren't many exceptions made.

As to how often you should be paid, it should be fortnightly in arrears. If you think that a payment has been missed, you should call your Benefit Delivery Centre immediately - their number will be on any letter you've received relating to your claim - and ask them to check it out for you.

The most common reason for payments not being made is a problem with medical certificates. It can take 7-10 days for a certificate you post to be processed on to the payment system.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

...The most common reason for payments not being made is a problem with medical certificates. It can take 7-10 days for a certificate you post to be processed on to the payment system.

Didn't realise it could be that long! They are important little thingys and I tend not to treat them with the respect they deserve. I don't think I've ever had more than a couple of days between sudden realisation, a frantic visit to the GP and a phonecall to the DWP. On two occasions I've had to get the surgery to fax it for me. So thanks for the reminder - I've forgotten when this ones up...

Rae

Didn't realise it could be that long! They are important little thingys and I tend not to treat them with the respect they deserve. I don't think I've ever had more than a couple of days between sudden realisation, a frantic visit to the GP and a phonecall to the DWP. On two occasions I've had to get the surgery to fax it for me. So thanks for the reminder - I've forgotten when this ones up...

Rae

Yeah, it's well worth noting. Mail sent to the Jobcentres is opened by the Royal Mail in a secure facility, for various reasons. The most obvious one is that it's not unprecedented for letters to government departments to contain nasty white powders or explosive devices.

Then when it's delivered, mail will generally be arriving at a huge office with hundreds or sometimes thousands of employees, so it can take some time to arrive at the appropriate desk.

So anyhow, the real point is to submit those medical certificates as early as you can.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

A letter came through today telling me to attend a Atos med ass later this month!

After reading...how should i put this.....Lots of Negative things about Atos! what is to be expected?

To explain my current health....but a basic explanation is! I have /Colitis (one consltant says i've got IBD but wont say which one with out further tests later this year and the surgon who operated on me says Chrons) and in November 2008 I was admitted to hospital with lower back pain and the inability of being able to move my left leg, this was diagnosed as a internal abscess after a week on IV antibiotics, I was sent home, two months later I was rushed in with same problem but far worse, and it was found that my colon was leaking, I was sent for a op that was meant to last 1.5hrs but ended up 5.5hrs because after opening me up they found it was far worse than first thought! I woke up with a Temporary colostomy and 2 foot of Colon missing!

Late November i had the colostomy reversed and my recovery has been slow the entry site the cut in my abdominal wall is not fully healed and needs regular care at my local health centre, my two consultants both say for the insides to heal it will take time and lots of rest. Also I am waiting to go in for further investigations to see what’s happening inside ( mid march)

From what I read Atos only take into view the fact you can walk, talk, breath, stand for 3min and sit. I am worried that they won't take into account what my consultants say and what’s happening inside my body.

Sorry for the long winded post:-(

Edited by Lancslad

Lancslad don't worry.

I will now contradict that statement with confirming how rubbish ATOS are!

You have to be medically assessed, that's the system. Unfortunately they don't seem to assess you the medically impaired person. Everything appears skewed towards any excuse to say you are fit for work. Many of us with chronic illness score null points in the assessment. And, to be honest, if someone turned up without a body below their head then they too would probably score null points!

That said, do not despair. Do not worry. Be yourself. Be confident. Be truthfull. There is every possibility that, with what is wrong with you, you may score the magic 15.

But if you don't, again, don't worry. Instantly appeal - your ESA will continue at the current level.

The DWP have no interest in what a GP says. They seem to believe that a GP will always hand out sick notes like sweeties to children and are unable to tell a well person from a sick one. [iMO. Based also on the DWP regulations in my Tribunals pack...].

Whereas the Tribunal is very interested in real medical evidence. One of the reasons, I suspect, why so many appeals are upheld.

Just keep good notes, where possible, of your medical. Also make a note as to whether you are seen by a Doctor or just a Health Care Professional...

Best wishes.

Rae.

Hi,

It might help you to see a copy of the PCA assessment form, then you'll have an idea of what they are scoring. I don't know if it's available online anywhere but I'll have a look.

Cheers

PS, Perhaps CAB have a copy of it.

Edited by brighton gal
additional note

Hi there. I'm sorry you're having the same problem as a good many of us on this forum. I think the point system is the way to go for you.

I hope this link works. I was directed to it by the DWP's own website and it's on Direct Gov. If you scroll down towards the end, Appendix A of the pdf document, I think it is, the points system is all there.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@disabled/documents/digitalasset/dg_177366.pdf

Some of the charities are well versed in this, from what I've seen on google searches. Is there one that supports your particular condition, for instance?

[Erika, I hope that's an approved link?]

I was turned down following an Atos assessment and an appeal to the DWP, which was rejected. My appeal was based on proving why I hadn't been given the right number of points. The appeal tribunal overturned the DWP decision.

So, we're rooting for you here. Good luck.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The link's fine honey.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)