Being bothered by Debt Collectors/3rd Parties /Solicitors etc ? - SEND THEM THIS!

nuke em
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If he sends me his address I will happily write some letters... watch him try and charge me :cool:

Be careful. I am now REALLY petrified. He also has multiple personalities. :D:D

bye bye, we'll all miss your input!

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might add to those watching this thread... nukem has failed to prove he received money from a DCA in the course of his endeavours. I smell something fishy... and it's not a certain employee at Turnbull Rutherford :D

i cant prove i have rec'd any money from the DCA's that i have targeted, 'cos i haven't. ( but i will be sending them a Statement of account at the end of this month) , whether they pay me my fees or not is secondry at this time

But the most important thing is that i'm not being bothered by them anymore, ie they have gone away, which if you had taken note & actually read my posts on this thread... is the point of the orig Notice sent to them in the first place . viz a viz to get rid of them, this is not being done as a money making scheme

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

You'd be amazed at my photoshop skills ;-)

so you can forge wahoooooo, get a job in a financial firm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

-

Nuke em.... you are starting to contradict yourself.

You picked at my post (81) and said that you weren't talking about going to court and then in the very next post (82), picked at the next person by referring to a court summons situation... :confused::D

Now you are saying it's not about money, when you letter/notice... whatever you choose to call it.... clearly states what you want in terms of financial compensation.... :confused:

Are you lost? ;)

You picked at my post (81) and said that you weren't talking about going to court and then in the very next post (82), picked at the next person by referring to a court summons situation... :confused::D

Now you are saying it's not about money, when you letter/notice... whatever you choose to call it.... clearly states what you want in terms of financial compensation.... :confused:

Are you lost? ;)

I think he drafts the Witness Statements for HFO.

You picked at my post (81) and said that you weren't talking about going to court and then in the very next post (82), picked at the next person by referring to a court summons situation... :confused::D yes, i was answering his silly post, & i just posed a question relating to his advice of "bin'ing the letter from a DCA"

Now you are saying it's not about money, when you letter/notice... whatever you choose to call it.... clearly states what you want in terms of financial compensation.... :confused: true, that is my threat back to them, remember they threaten us all the time

Are you lost? ;)

no, are you Edited by nuke em

-

I think he drafts the Witness Statements for HFO.

& i think you are a shrill for the Banks! et al

-

just looking in do we have a fish

not unless you have been to the fishmongers and have purchased some!

-

This guy is funny... wish I could play some more but I really must be off making a real difference to the caggers , we all await your leadership oh wise indebted one ! who need help on this forum and not some wierd David Icke style rant against the establishment.

seriously man, do some more research... you are (still) way behind the curve !

-

In answer to your question Nuke em.... yes, I am lost :D

Think you are too, but thanks for the entertainment anyway.... ;)

G' night....

I try to inform, that's all! sorry for trying!

-

Do research and learn - more sanctimonious pontification. I have learned over the past 3 years how to deal with DCAs and it didn't need a monologue or knowledge about contract law to do it. I have had £48000 of unenforceable debt written off and 7 defaults removed from my credit records by taking some very simple steps using consumer law, which is all you need. I am now in the position where I am on the verge of taking 3 banks and 1 DCA to court, one for theft and the rest for damage caused by unlawful defaults on my credit reports. I amended the advice given on CAG to suit each situation and give relevant responses to the DCAs. The DCAs have gone, the phone is silent and I am debt free. You have nothing to teach me about how to get rid of DCAs.Now I am helping others in the same way. If I had used your letter, I would still be back there up to my neck. I am hoping new posters ignore it and listen to the real advice given them here on CAG for effective solutions to their problems.

I have had £48000 of unenforceable debt written off and 7 defaults removed from my credit records

If I had used your letter, I would still be back there up to my neck.

Posted in humour and hope you do not mind but, £48000 and 7 defaults and "I would still be back there up to my neck"!!!!! You must be at least 7ft tall :D:D Damn! I only have a £34,000 mortgage (which I do pay and in fact pay about 50% extra every month on top) and I feel like I am up to my eyeballs. :D:D Then again, I am only 5ft 7 :D

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

Having been at the heart of the Cabot fan Club since 2006 and having been a big part of the process in the earlier days of Cag with many talented caggers I can assure people that the process Nuke em proposes has been peddled many many times before. (Mr Ton springs to mind).

To his credit, Nuke em's methods DID work in the early days when the dca's didn't know what hit them when their 'customers' turned on them with CCA requests, SAR's, complaints about their methods of calling, putting them to proof they owned the debts at all, exposing their array of companies they hid behind without the debtor really knowing any of their rights at all or having never even heard of the Consumer Credit Act. Even the staff of the DCA's didn't know what the CCA was and TBH it was quite funny watching their responses.

Times have changed now though and the Credit industry (which I have been closely acquainted with for over 30 yrs) are wising up as a necessity. They didn't to begin with, Debt collection was a free for all easy money job, but not any more because the consumer has been CAG empowered. I've read this thread with interest and peoples responses. The technically able, the wise, the not so wise and the plain daft suggestions and seen the incorrect information provided too, but the issue is much more serious and needs clarity whilst taking on board the nuisance factor letters and suggestions nuke em sends has on these dca's.

I wouldn't recommend writing anything like them myself these days, although I have done so in the past and I have attached an invoice to some for my time costs and stationery after warning the dca I would if they persisted wasting my time. I never got paid either, but what it does, legal or not, is to turn the tables on these people and turns the hunters into the hunted and it shocks them.

The debt collection staff pick on the easy targets generally because they are all on financial targets and commissions. If you become awkward and procrastinate with these kinds of letters you would have a good chance of being put to the back of the pile because you're hard work and unlikely to get anything out of in the short term so you are not an easy target. They move on to someone who does not give them grief and that's about as much benefit you'll get these days.

Nicks letter and assessment is sound, and most reasoned writers/debtors will want to write something they feel comfortable with which is not too much 'in your face' and confrontational. I'd suggest structured, legally correct and short and sweet.

We had a saying in the Fan Club ' Keep it Simple Silly' - KISS. We fought the dca's with the law, that was all. Use the law and you generally win (not always with all these daft Judges) but generally.

Priority One has seen it all before many many times. She is a hardened and well experienced cagger giving much learned advice not to be treated lightly. I can understand her frustration with Nuke ems approach, it's just old hat which has been peddled and peddled and gets people nowhere at all in the main. With this forum here to advise people how to take up the mantle themselves, often for the first time in their lives realising they should not be hunted and harrassed anymore, then we should try and make everything as informative, constructive and plausible as much as we can. There is a place for nuke em in the process, it works for him and some will like his style, I did, it made me laugh. He has said it's not for beginners so he is what he says on the tin, but it is a process well trodden and a trifle out of date. DCA's have changed their processes, their training and their response mechanisms. They have suffered more than many will realise over the past 2-3 yrs with massive staff cuts, cost cuts and profit reductions. The credit press is full of consumer backlash issues and how they can tackle them, yet when I first approached Credit Today - they laughed at what I was saying and doing in the Fan Club - they ain't laughing now.

I'd like to think this thread will continue being constructive as this too has a future to give good advice to people, lets not get personal though - that gets us nowhere....like my ole daddy said

" I respect your right to your opinion - but I beg to differ"

Keep up the demands for them to comply - that's all I can say.

Edited by andrew1
  • Haha 3

This forum is about helping others who are having financial /legal problems

and often don't know where to turn.

It is not about members point scoring and insulting each other. What lessons does that pass on- to newcomers especially?

Most of us have been harassed by DCAs or OCs which is why we ended up here in the first place. Nuke em some of your letter has merit and could be of help to those who are still afraid to fob off DCAs. But to include repealed legislation and doubtful tactics does not exhibit the mark of professionalism that would deter many DCAs-would it? I am pleased for you in situations where it has worked, but I don't feel it would put

many DCAs off.

What they don't like, from my experience, is having their breaches of the Law pointed out to them and threats of reporting them for those breaches should they contact again. Which is pertly what some of the others on this thread are trying to suggest.

Unfortunately, the thread has now degenerated to a position where it seems unlikely that it can get back on track unless the protagonists can agree to differ perhaps on Nuke ems original post and try and cobble out

a letter that comes closer to satisfying both sides.

Another way of dealing with DCAs is with humour. And it can be done in so many ways as listed on this long running thread that managed to avoid

unpleasantness-well between fellow Caggers if not DCAs.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca.html

Agree with every word andrew1.

Sometimes you just need to investigate everything.

Never act without the advice of experienced caggers because most avenues have been well tried.

I must say whilst I don`t agree with Nuke em in the main. He did awaken me to Securitisation. It made me do plenty of investigation on this.

I have had some quite nasty replies from the OC when I have asked them if the alleged account was the subject of securitisation.

The only way I have got rid of DCA`s is the use of time tested methods on here. Not sure if these will work any more.

Thus combined strategy is of the most importance. I do like the Nick approach.

Remember it is the DCA`s that are the enemy we fight not each other.

Another way of dealing with DCAs is with humour. And it can be done in so many ways as listed on this long running thread that managed to avoid

unpleasantness-well between fellow Caggers if not DCAs.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca.html

There are a lot of ways of dealing with DCA's. As said you can be cheeky to them and have a laugh. You can also just simply expose their breaking of the law and threaten to complain. One complaint may be nothing. Thousands complaining the OFT has to do something. And when you complain do not just complain to the OFT, complain also to your MP. Draw to your MP's attention how it was discussed in the House of Commons and it is still going on. Refer your MP to the date on this thread and if need be also give him/her a link to the thread. Debt Collection (Consumer Credit Act): 22 Apr 2009: House of Commons debates (TheyWorkForYou.com)

Read some laws. If the DCA is breaking a law (such as the The Malicious Communications Act 1988 or the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations Act 2008 especially items 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11) and if they have lied or done anything illegal to you refer to them that it is a criminal offence to have breached such laws.

My personal opinion is that too many want "templates" and a "short way out because I want to watch the telly or go for a pint". As said, do research and there are a lot of ways you can get rid of a DCA.