rp123456 / Help with Security Investigations Debt Recovery Division, please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I came across this post on Google as I was trying to find out who these people were. I have a similar case with them. However I didn't realise I had options - I had a £1000 balance of which only £200 was an interest free overdraft and the rest was bank charges. It was an online account that I had never accessed to view as I lost my job just after I opened it. :confused:

I've copied part of the letter into one they've just sent me as I feel it is relevant as I told them I was disputing it from the start but did not realise any of the above.

I'm not sure whether to carry on trying to pay the rest of the amount as they now say they won't accept instalments but I can't pay it in full as I'm disabled and sefl employed. Plus their letter was dated 21/12/2009 giving me 7 days to pay in full yet only arrived 31/12/2009???

Help... :confused:

These are A&L's in-house bunch.... part of the same outfit.

I had dealings with them a long, long time ago. A&L have more than one set of in-house debt collectors. The other one I know if is Global Debt Recovery Management Services Limited; not to be confused with the other Global Debt Recovery company, who are not in-house....

Thanks for the info... would they pass it off to someone else then or take it through to court proceedings themselves? They haven't been very helpful at all... in fact neither have the bank so hardly suprising they didn't want to hold the account due to me disupting the charges if they're the same people.

Maybe it's with it being such a small debt - an external company might not want it?

I've paid the overdraft off and over £100 off the charges but that hasn't even touched half of the balance they're wanting. It's a lot of money when you're not in employment. :(

If the balance is all charges, then you need to have these wiped out. You can either itemise all the charges yourself if you still have the statements or send a SAR to A&L for all transactional info. on the account (by rec. delivery) The cost of this is £10... and there is a template on the site that you can use.

If you've (so far) "disputed" this over the 'phone, you've wasted your time... everything needs to be in writing only and sent by rec. delivery.

They may flog it out to an outfit like Moorcroft in the meantime... but if it's all charges, they'll be on a road to nowhere with it providing you follow the advice on here.

:)

Thanks for the advice... that's fantastic.

It is all charges... I have never had a statement and they never kept me up to date of what charges they were putting on there as it was an internet account. If they told me sooner I could have done more about it.

I didn't even realise the balance until they passed it off to the debt team as I've never logged in to use the online service!!! So it was quite a shock.

I'll carry on through with the claims and SAR tomorrow and see if I can get the rest written off. :)

Thanks again for your help!!! And Happy New Year!!! :D

Hi, rp123456.

I'm going to move your posts and replies to start a new thread for you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert