Phones 4 U return policy

vusys1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not a big problem but an annoyance.

I bought a PAYG mobile from a local P4U shop on Saturday and had to buy £10 top up aswell total £79.95. I then saw the same mobile phone on the O2 website for £48.08 & no need to buy a top up credit.

so I checked out their online website about returns etc,I found their 7 day price garauntee where you can get a full refund in 7 days etc.

so i took the phone back to a city centre store on the Thursday. Explained I could return but i would also have to give up the £10 credit on the sim. No way! 7 day returns say you keep the sim,they say that only applys to online & over the phone purchases. So I ask where my terms & conditions are? he pointed to an instore made peice of A4 paper pinned to the wall.

Advised I will phone to complain and left. Called P4U, they said I can keep the sim and to take the phone back(they gave me a ref number) so back I went diff store but same city. No sorry cant change you got to go back to the store you bought it from,again where are my T&C,she also pointed to an A4 peice of paper in laminated plastic.

Back on the phone,they confirmed that any store should refund,updated my account,back into store & finally refunded.

Manager asked why are you returning the phone,said cheaper elsewhere and she said"and they(meaning head office) let you bring it back" I thought hang on 7 day return policy you made it not me.

My main beef is that once you leave the shop,you do not know what your T&C`s nuff said..;)

They're right - different rules apply. Online you are covered by the DSR. What you have done is simply changed your mind - and you are then at their mercy if they choose to attach conditions on the return.

The time to research your purchase as before money is exchanged, not after!

I appreciate that online different rules apply,but what i wanted to know was if they only show you what your T&C are instore,where do you look for info a few days,weeks etc down the line??

I thought they mite have printed it on the back off the receipt but no info there either.

You are covered by the Sale of Goods Act, what the store offers is immaterial as anything they offer will be in addition to your Statuatory Rights, and they cannot take away any SOGA provisions.

It still remains that if you buy in a shop, you've bought it - and there is no right f return UNLESS it is faulty or was misdescribed.