jacobs not accepting vulnerable status

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help! I currently have bailiffs calling at my door and not paying attention to my vulnerable person status. I have documented medical reports confirming that I am terminally ill and on benefits the pcns are addressed to my wife as she is the registered keeper of the registered companion vehicle as I cannot drive. She is the sole breadwinner of our family and is supporting myself and our two children aged 14 and 12. I believe that this constitutes Vulnerable status. These tickets have reached 493.43 and 313.43 with warrants issued by Northampton court due to the fact that I was in hospital and unable to deal with them as I was encephelopatic (loss of mental alacrity) . I was under the impression that they had been returned to the council (foolishly I kept no details).

The bailiffs are Jacobs.

This is the last thing we need just before christmas and an expected 6 to 9 months before i roll over and push up the daisies

I believe that there are more fines looming but am not sure where from.

Can you help as they are returning on Friday to remove goods etc. as we don’t have the cash

Regards

Cant give you a lot of advise, sorry, but someone who can will be along shortly I'm sure.

I have had dealings with Jacobs before and they absolutely refused to accept that I was vulnerable despite pregnant and having a zillion hospital appointments a week due to complications.

If I were you I would read the advice that you will off here and then get down to the council offices and play absolute merry hell.

Wishing you the very best of luck

Hi

Have the bailliffs been in your house, and have you sighned anything

I assume this is a fine for parking tickets?

Whos name are the fines in?

If you are vunerable the bailliff has no right to continue with collection.

You should contact the courts right away.

PPP

I cant offer help, but I hope you get it very soon

These people are the absolute **** of the earth for treating you in this manner knowing your TI status, something positive needs to be done about this

I wish you and your family the best possible xmas

:(

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

These tickets have reached 493.43 and 313.43

The bailiff is definitely trying to screw you over with his fees. Do you have documentary evidence the bailiff is trying to obtain 493.43 and 313.43 from you? The fee SHOULD be...

Letter Fee £11.20 - If letter arrives after first visit is made then its £0.00, if a bailiff says he sent a letter, you have a right to see the Certificate of Posting which has been date-stamped by a postmaster. This is not the same as a proof of posting.

Levying Distress up to £100 (excluding bailiffs fees but including court fees) - £28

More than £100 - 28% for the first £200 then 5.5% on everything over £200

If no levy is made then bailiffs can charge fees for a maximum of three visits. Multiple fees cannot be charged for simultaneous unpaid ticket collections.

Have a read of the Fraud Act 2006, esp. Section 2 and consider approaching police. Civil action might be strengthened by reporting the matter to the police, any threat to report unless repayment is made could be interpreted as blackmail so just report it and tell the bailiff that has been done. It might raise the stakes for the bailiff and make him pay attention.

If you are taking the fraud route, the Fraud Act 2006 is perfect for your problem, I suggest you compile all the evidence before presenting the package to the local constabulary. Suggest you approach them via their local fraud squad by way of prior appointment with a specific detective.

If the bailiff returns, do not open the door, capture everything on video and do not "confirm" any name or information.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

Help! I currently have bailiffs calling at my door and not paying attention to my vulnerable person status. I have documented medical reports confirming that I am terminally ill and on benefits the pcns are addressed to my wife as she is the registered keeper of the registered companion vehicle as I cannot drive. She is the sole breadwinner of our family and is supporting myself and our two children aged 14 and 12. I believe that this constitutes Vulnerable status. These tickets have reached 493.43 and 313.43 with warrants issued by Northampton court due to the fact that I was in hospital and unable to deal with them as I was encephelopatic (loss of mental alacrity) . I was under the impression that they had been returned to the council (foolishly I kept no details).

The bailiffs are Jacobs.

This is the last thing we need just before christmas and an expected 6 to 9 months before i roll over and push up the daisies

I believe that there are more fines looming but am not sure where from.

Can you help as they are returning on Friday to remove goods etc. as we don’t have the cash

Regards

I have sent you a private message and will offer to assist with this matter.

Hi Pompom, only just seen your post - sorry, I'm a night-owl! You have Tomtubby on your case and that, my dear friend, is good enough for me!

However, for those reading your story, be under absolutely no illusion. Pompom is right and Jacobs are completely wrong. They deserve to have their ignorant little derrieres kicked from here to Timbucktoo. And that's a long way.

They will be fully aware that the National Guidelines for Enforcement Agents clearly state:

Those who might be considered vulnerable include the following:

the elderly;

people with a disability;

the seriously ill;

the recently bereaved;

single parent families;

pregnant women;

unemployed people; and,

those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English.

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

The Ministry of Justice recommends that vulnerable people write to the Magistrates Court for a re-hearing.

I would also recommend that, if a bailiff has not followed these guidelines you should also complain to their firm, the controlling local council and your MP. The guidelines are there for a reason and vulnerable people are given additional protection for a reason.

Good luck and best wishes.

Rae

ps: If you - or Tomtubby - are able to post some details of what's going on (where possible) please do keep us updated. This may be your story Pompom, but you will have many readers, some of whom may be in the same boat and take heart at knowing what to do. Thanks.

Another ps: Sorry Pompom, this has turned into an epic post but I am just so absolutely incensed by the complete lack of even the most basic human traits exhibited by these pathetic excuses for sentient beings. I really hope you consider highlighting your case in the media somewhere...

Edited by RaeUK
typoo

No one pays any attention to that vulnerable persons guidance, it obviously doesn't have the force of law.

Sorry to disappoint you, infinite, that is 100% incorrect as most of my posts will confirm.

Rae

FYI - Jacobs' head office will be closing for Christmas 2009 from 12 noon on Wednesday 23rd December until 9am on Monday 4th January 2010. No Local Taxation Bailiff or Debt Recovery visits will take place during this period. Payments can, however, be made via this website.

FYI - Jacobs' head office will be closing for Christmas 2009 from 12 noon on Wednesday 23rd December until 9am on Monday 4th January 2010. No Local Taxation Bailiff or Debt Recovery visits will take place during this period. Payments can, however, be made via this website.

I am actually speechless.

I can't believe they close for Christmas AND tell you they wont be calling - that is way too nice for a Bailiff co.

Dont suppose by any miracle they all do this?

PPP

I cant offer help, but I hope you get it very soon

These people are the absolute **** of the earth for treating you in this manner knowing your TI status, something positive needs to be done about this

I wish you and your family the best possible xmas

:(

Absolutely... They are inhuman!