Lowells & Capital One debt - CCA request

Nivagey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise on my default notice? All the remedy stated was I must pay the amount due shown above. This payment must reach your Capital One account within 28 days of the date of this letter.

How water tight is this? Should they have given me an actual date dd/mm/yy to have remedy it by and not 28 days from the date of the letter?

I have a copy of the DN previously uploaded.

The same situation in the past as the rest of us on many forums do not panick that is what they want you to do as they will haqve paid a bou 8% for this and want 100% from you = get it? if you insist on acknowledging it then pay them,

a Default can be rectified it seems, but you keep under your hat if it ever went court as one of your defences subject.

Just a re-cap Account date start 22 Dec 2004 The only CCA I received was a short application form and various T&C's from Cap One after my SAR letter was sent to them.

Date of Termination 16/4/2010

Various debt collection agents came and went. Then letter from Cap One 21/10/2010 stating account no longer being managed by debt collection agency's and returned to Cap One.

Then most recent letter from Lowell Dated 01/08/2014 received yesterday 06/08/2014 stating they have now bought the debt and want me to pay them.

Unsure which way to go or what to send back to them? Any help would be good

Thanks

The same situation in the past as the rest of us on many forums do not panick that is what they want you to do as they will have paid a bout 8% for this and want 100% from you = get it? if you insist on acknowledging it then pay them,

a Default can be rectified it seems, but you keep under your hat if it ever went court as one of your defences subject.

do as we are doing and awaiting their next childs threatogram

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are in two minds of paying later they should/might offer large discounts?? but wait and see for now, seems a long paper trail of letters from them is begining to incl Freds (whom most of us got rid of before) Red the next desk at Lowells and so on.

Hi mike 770,

I have no intention of paying them anything,

just want to try and avoid a Claim situation.

They came after me with another account situation and fended them off with a letter similar to the one I was going to send

stating the blurb about its in dispute and the creditor could not supply me with a true copy of the CCA.

That worked and they closed the account file and everything.

I see this CCA rules have dramatically change in their favour and they don't need to supply it,

or a signature etc?

That's why I'm hoping the default notice is in fact faulty. But cant get a straight answer it seems :(

Thanks for your advice and help.

prior to 2006/7 CCA1974 original as per section 127 would have to be produced in an actual case, but new rules are for later CCA1974 s I think you will find.

Letters arriving to-day it seems so called from Capital One in Lowells envelopes on sold to them. awaiting mine as post always late here, others have received already to-day.

The Cap one disputes still stand, and as you say another bit of ammunition against Lowells.

Although my account start with Cap One is 2004, the default notice served was 2010. Is it the account start date has to be before or pre 2007 or default notice issue that has to be pre 2007? before those rules apply regarding the CCA etc?

Bit confusing :(

Thanks

account

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't forget the FCA guidelines only apply to compliance or otherwise with s78(1) Accounts started prior to 6/4/2007, would in all probability require the production of the original ag,in order to obtain a ccj

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

Lowell's response to my "In Dispute with Capital One letter.

They have written back to me stating

"your comments with regards to the fact that the account is in dispute with Capital One

as they failed to comply with your Consumer Credit Agreement request.

We have queried this with Capital One and will advise you of their response upon receipt.

In the meantime we have requested a copy of the credit agreement in accordance with section 77-79

of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 from Capital One together with statements.

Please be advised that we do not hold copies of any documentation relating to your account"

Second letter received 6 days later goes

" We have requested a copy of your credit agreement. Thank you for contacting us about your credit agreement.

We have asked your original lender for a copy.

So now awaiting on what they can dig up.

Hope this is of help.

you wait

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Update today, Lowell's have sent me a letter letting me know they have contacted Capone and Capone are trying to retrieve the agreement from their archive and as soon as they have they will send it to me.

In the event we cannot obtain a copy of the agreement we will write to you again and inform of this. Once you have seen your credit agreement we will ask you to pay your outstanding balance in full.

if they get it

and IF its enforceable mind!!

and they

Update today from Lowells.

We are waiting for your credit agreement.

I'm afraid we have not received a copy of your credit agreement from Capone yet.

They are still trying to retrieve it from their archives.

We have placed your account on hold until we receive further information.

We will be in touch, when we receive it from them we will post it to you straight away.

We wont write to you again until we have the agreement.

and another one bits the dust

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

pdate today got this letter from Lowells, enclosing the alleged copy of the agreement, Terms and Condition page (6 other A4 sheets included) and another A4 Credit agreement statement. They are now questioning Capone about my dispute and have put the account on hold again until they have further information from them.

Any advice? Should I just wait until they reply to the dispute letter from Capone?

Thanks

Edited by Nivagey
wrong pdf files uploaded

Ok update today got this letter from Lowells, enclosing the alleged copy of the agreement, Terms and Condition page (6 other A4 sheets included) and another A4 Credit agreement statement. They are now questioning Capone about my dispute and have put the account on hold again until they have further information from them.

It appears this "document" is supposed to be a " reconstituted agreement which may or may not satisfy the CCA request.

It must have:

Your name and address at the inception of the account.

The Creditors name and address at inception.

The Ts & Cs at inception and closure of the account.

Any documents mentioned in the Ts & Cs.

Any material amendments to the Ts & Cs during the life of the agreement.

A current statement of the account (not an historical statement.

Wait for their response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: