Advice needed - Paid cabot but have letter from creditor to say already paid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok this is a bit of a weird one.

i recently recevied a CCA through from cabot for a debt which has been on hold for a year while i waited for it. they demanded immediate payment in full which i did as it wasnt for the hugest amount in the world and i was able to borrow it from a family member (not ideal obviously).

however, while waiting i had also written directly to the creditor for a CCA request as i wanted to get the default removed from my account. they wrote back to me saying that the debt had been settled in full & no money was owing so they werent obliged to supply one.

i found this letter AFTER (typical) i had paid cabot as i had forgotten abou it. i rang cabot to ask them to refund my money as i had a letter confirming it had already been paid - they contacted the creditor who told them the letter was a mistake on their part and they would write to me to confirm this. i havent had another letter from the creditor since so maybe cabot made this up?

anyway - where do i stand legally on getting a refund if i have a letter pre dating the payment saying that it had already been paid in full?

any advice much appreciated!!!

Hi,

Sending a SAR to the Original Creditor, should let you know the score regards payments made.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert