Cash Genie CCJ now AEO sent to my employer

CPFC84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

couple of months ago i got a loan through theses people and i lost my job and couldnt afford to pay back

i started a new job and i replied to their emails to sort out a payment plan,

i got a phone call from my old employers saying can i come in to see them

they gave me a letter with hamilton mcarthy - -attachment of earnings and ipswich crown court claim form,

can someone help me out please

im so scared what will happen.is there anything i can do.

Many Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tell your previous employers to return the forms to Hamilton McCarthy stating you are no longer working there and they do not have any forwarding details for you. It is well against county court procedure for them to do this so contact Ipswich Crown Court (for a CCJ it would normally be a Magistrates Court so why they are using a Crown Court I don't know). They probably have printed the forms off the internet and are using them to get you to pay.

Also take the forms to your local police station and state that you are being harrassed by this lot and that they are using underhand tactics. Get the local Trading Standards and your MP involved as well. Id also email Anne Widdicombe MP (pm me for her details) and get her involved - she is already annoyed at the Credit Services Association and this will really annoy her.

I would also put in a complaint about Hamilton McCarthy to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority as they are clearly acting as a debt collector here, something that any bona fide solicitor would turn their nose at.

This has to be stopped as soon as possible. Get back to us asap (and remove your real name from the post).

I would also email Trading Standards at Suffolk County Council. Just PM ing now there parent company has other Contracts with other Council Depts. Am PM these details.

SillyGirl1 and I are talking off line about this. I am busying putting together a web site with all relevant info.

Not necessarily 'faking' them, just 'being inventive' with the forms being available on the internet. It isn't for the employer to fill out the forms for this, it is for the claimant, and anyway they can't just go for an attachment of earnings, the CCJ (if it exists and has been validly served) has to be breached first.

Oh what a tangled web they weave - only to be untangled by us CAGGERS!

hi all i need advice i want to advice on making a complaint to the trading standards to get this con company closed down for good.

here is what i have written.

Dear Sir/Madam,

i would like to make an official complaint about a company in your area about cash genie,

They have humiliated my family especially my mum who is sick with stroke

they have written to my neighbours with my personal details

they have written to my work with out my consent

.i have received untold text messages and emails asking about my personal bank details.

i have emailed them so many times but they have not replied.

Hamilton McCarthy are acting as a debt collector instead of solicitor

they have also sent my work a attachment of earning and asking for more money and a Ipswich county court claim form which i have researched by citizen advice bureau that it has to done by a magistrate court

so i don't know where they got the forms from.

sillygirl thank you very much for the advice

im so angry that this con company can cause so much damaged to so many people and they are so rude.

i have received an email earlier from cash genie cause i wrote to them months ago

they have sent me their bank details so i can arrange my bank to setup a standing order

they want £30 a month to pay back what do you reckon

thanks

everydayispayday is one of the companies registered to Cashgenie so you have been HAD. Contact your bank and get them to give you another card and IMMEDIATELY cancel the existing card (the cards run in tandem for a month - or so I've been told - unless you expressley ask them to cancel it due to misuse).

Write to Trading Standards and please don't reply to any text messages asking you to confirm your details to get another loan - they are a trap to get the latest info off you. Have a separate account to pay people from, and don't give your bank and national insurance details out WITHOUT checking why and whom you are giving them.

Re Trading Standards letter Hamilton McCarthy are Cash Genie they have same Consumer Credit License. Trading Standards are suppose to monitor companies with a Consumer Credit License.

I would point that out too. Hamilton McCarthy Legal Recoveries are not registered at Companies House.

So Cash Genie are really misrepresenting themselves.

Edited by remybarnie

hi sillygirl,

i have canceled my card and getting a replacement.ive sent that email to the trading standard hopefully we hear back from them.thank you very much for the advice as soon as i hear anything i will put it on here so other people can be aware what theses stupid company like and we can progress to get them shut down permently.:)

Do this as a letter XXMCVAPOURXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Cash Genie (aka Hamilton McCarthy Legal Services)

i would like to make an official complaint about a company in your area called Cash genie, based at (put their address here).

They do not reply to telephone calls, nor emails to (put their email address here) and their website chat facility (put the details here) is not working. In addition they have humiliated my family especially my mum who is sick with a stroke; they have written to my neighbors (attach a copy of the letter with this letter) with my personal details; they have written to my work with out my consent..

Hamilton McCarthy Legal recoveries (who are not listed at Companies House) are acting as a debt collector ion their behalf but pretend to be a 'Legal services company' Hamilton McCarthy use the same Consumer Credit Licence as Cash Genie, which I understand is illegal. They also operate another company called 'everydayispayday.co.uk' under the same licence.

Cash Genie/Hamilton McCarthy Legal Recoveries have also sent my work an attachment of earnings form and a claim form. They have never taken me to court and are claiming Ipswich Magistrates Court issued the Attachment of Earnings form (attach the form to the letter) demanding more money. No CCJ has been issued against me therefore this form has been issued fradulently.

Should you need any further documentation/copies of emails and their terms and conditions and original agreement please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

hi all i got a reply from tradeing standards thanks to sillygirl last nite,

Thank you for your email.

All Consumer advice and information in Suffolk is now provided by our partners at Consumer Direct - a telephone and online consumer service.

To speak to a Consumer Direct advisor, please call 08454 04 05 06 (Minicom users should call on 08451 28 13 84).

To contact them by email, please complete the "contact form" found here: Consumer Direct - Contact us

A wide range of consumer information and advice is also available on line from the Consumer Direct website at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk

Regards

Suffolk Trading Standards

Send the same email I did last for you last night to Consumer Direct, or give them a ring and use the email as a guide to explain what is going on.

Consumer Direct are a bit more pro-active than Trading Standards and can guide you more through other complaints lines.

Edited by sillygirl1
missed bit - still suffering with flu - much better today though.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO IGNORE THIS EMIAL IF WE HAVE AN ARRANGEMENT IN PLACE!!!

Dear Sir/ Madam

As you are aware your cash genie account is currently in arrears, i am your debt manager here and will do my best to help you where possible, if your having trouble repaying your loan it’s important you contact me immediately so i can look into stopping any further charges and interest occurring on your account.

If i do not hear from you then i will have to assume that you currently have no intentions of repaying the monies owed. If this is apparent i will actively seek to recover the monies owed and will use every option available to me to do so, this may include:

· Contacting your employer and applying for a 10% attachment of your earnings

· Passing your debt on to a doorstep collections team

· Going through the courts to obtain the monies owed

Please get back to me as i will be following your accounts up soon and will be taking further action in the following weeks if no contact is made.

Many thanks

Kindest Regards

Barry Sillence

Accounts Manager

Cash Genie

(Part of In Time Finance Ltd)

Debtline: 0800 046 8121

Tel: 0845 956 9694

Fax: 0845 017 9961

Email: [email protected]

Chapmans Warehouse

Neptune Quay

Ipswich

Suffolk

IP4 1AX

The information contained in this message is for the intended addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended addressee, please delete this message and notify the sender; do not copy or distribute this message or disclose its contents to anyone. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of In Time Finance Ltd. No reliance may be placed on this message without written confirmation from an authorised representative of the company.

In Time Finance Limited is registered in England & Wales with Company Number 06463798. Registered Office: Chapmans Warehouse, Neptune Quay, Ipswich IP4 1AX

i got this today

Dear Sir/ Madam

advance of up to £750 that can be deposited in your bank in 60 minutes!!

First time applicants will receive a discounted interest rate in their first month!

Kind Regards,

David Smith

Applications Manager

Payday Is Everyday

[email protected]

0845 366 9796

good morning all ive got another one of theses emails sillygirl thank you very much for all your help and the others is well im hoping i can get this sorted.

help look i dont want this to happen!!!

FINAL NOTICE BEFORE ENFORCEMENT

Marston Group Limited

Defaulted Loan Agreement - In Time Finance Limited

We are instructed by the above named company regarding your defaulted loan agreement.

You will shortly receive a confirmation letter by post, containing your reference number and contact details for ourselves.

As you area aware, under the terms of your loan agreement, payment was to be made within a specified timescale. As you have failed top keep to the agreement, the case has been passed to ourselves for recovery and enforcement.

TAKE NOTE:

That unless we hear from you by return of email, one of our enforcement officers will attend your address in relation to the outstanding debt.

The purpose of the attendance will be to recover the outstanding balance of the loan, and to assess your property and assets, with a view to obtaining a warrant of execution to seize assets to cover the debt.

To prevent further action you need to reply to this email, with confirmation of your name and address, together with a contact telephone number, and a member of the enforcement team will contact you to discuss the outstanding matter.

Failure to respond will result an attendance by an enforcement officer and may incur additional costs, for which you will be liable.

Additional enforcement action may include, applications for bankruptcy, charging orders, attachment of earnings order and order to attend court for oral examination.

You may only make contact by reply to this email within the next seven days. After this time, the case will progress through to the next stage of enforcement action.

Yours sincerely

Legal Recoveries Section

Marston Group Limited

High Court Enforcement Officers & Certificated Bailiffs

Te: 0844 251 0706

please help

if you know that it hasnt been to court then they cant do this:

The purpose of the attendance will be to recover the outstanding balance of the loan, and to assess your property and assets, with a view to obtaining a warrant of execution to seize assets to cover the debt.

In fact if there is no court order then they have no right to come to your house,let alone take your goods.That is known as theft!

I would wait for the letter that they say is winging its way to you before doing anything else.If an arrangement is in place keep to it.

Just been Thinking --maybe Cash Genie have told Marstons that they have a court order when they dont so Marstons have sent you this template email.

--also--

Te: 0844 251 0706 Answers as Marstons but may be Cash Genie in house fake collection.

I did try and set up a payment plan with cash genie and they said the £10 I offered wasn't enough. They went on to say I could offer to pay off more and they would consider it and to leave my bank details. I recently got a new bank account for my wages to be paid into and no way am I giving my bank details out so they can raid my account! Does anybody know if this company will agree to giving their bank details so I can pay directly into their account?

Also, I received a letter from a company called 'grosvenor'. Not got the letter on me but they are a DCA. Anyway, so now I have Hamilton Mccarthys, the marston group (have reported both) and now these people on my back. What are they playing at???!!!!

hi mate ive got exactly the same problem,they wrote to my neighbours (how embarssing) wrote to my old work,now they are threating for a bailliff come to my home who i have a poorly mum.wish i never got one with this company they are knightmares.i have reported them to the oft and to the counciller in the area of ipswich.good luck.

The bloke coming to yourhouse is nothing more than common debt collector. He cannot use his bailiff powers as the alleged debt has not gone to court. Therefore he is stuffed. I gather the bailiff firm involved is MArstons, well report therm for misusing their powers as the claim has not gone to court.