Capone/cabot v OH (disputed Acc)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Debitas are part of Capital One- they haven't sold the debt to anyone. At the bottom of your Debitas letter, in small print is "Debitas is a trading name of Capital One".

If you have all of your statements, add up your charges and send the prelim letter asking for them back.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

If you haven't got all of your statements, you need to send a SAR to Capital One.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

• Haha 1

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHATS WRONG WITH THESE MUPPETS?

Wife received letter from debitass, thanking her for her recent letter (never sent one to them in the first place & hasnt been defaulted by crap1) she is to ring them as soon as possible (what part of correspond in writing only dont crap1 understand) :-x

28 telephone calls in seven days - all logged -number date & time, you've been warned you doughnuts!

I got a letter saying "as I still haven't been in contact... ring them"

At least today, they default on the 12 days for the CCA request. And they haven't rung since I berated them on Saturday... bunch of idiots.

By the time I've finished the word will go round where ever they have their call centre that this is NOT a good enough paying job. And I never shout or swear at them.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Pick up phone, put phone down, territory as far as I am concerned.

Does your phone co have a service which does not allow withheld number from getting through? Might be an idea!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Yes I have caller id and our phone can block incoming calls but not withheld numbers, contacting BT to have choose to refuse activated, have also found a bit of software on the internet (Mcleaner for Nokia & Motorola mobiles whereby you can have a white list (accept) and black list (reject) tried it today and it really does work. :cool:

just one call today - answerphone message 'ring crap1 urgently' err NO - awaiting cca & SAR + three verbal requests, five written requests (two by recorded delivery) for these calls to cease, more than happy to communicate in writing (dont think they can read or write yet)

You never know, they could be ringing to ask you for help with the long words in your letter.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

(dont think they can read or write yet)

You never know, they could be ringing to ask you for help with the long words in your letter.

LOL :D

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

They have been the worst- phoning my husband twice daily when they knew I was in hospital, now being the only ones who haven't bothered to read and act on the letters.

Even the "normal" DCAs have been better behaved than Debitas/Capital One.

On the other hand I found a missing Cap1 statement last night- another 2 charges to claim back- and without these charges I never would have been over my limit when I got ill.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Totally agree with you on this, our DML has been accepted by all other creditors, even the one we thought would be the worst turned out to be the most helpful.

As for this bunch of 'erberts it beggers belief that they can get away with how they operate, now up to five calls a day x 7 days a week, ignoring all letters (even recorded). being a nightworker I have had to resort to unplugging the phone in order to get some sleep (they have now started with hold their number in order to beat our phone blocker) as I was starting to become ill through lack of sleep because of this idiots. I am losing work now because when not working I am supposed to be on call, have had to be taken off the call out list because of these cowboys.

I have yet to find a success story on the forum of anyone who has taken them to task over their telephone harrasment.

Have you got your cca from them yet?

Nope, as yet not even a whiff of one.

I knew Cap1 were bad, because of my husband's reports of them ringing constantly when they knew I was in hospital- when my husband told them I was in for at least another week, they still rang twice a day even after saying they would make a note on their system. Just what he beeded trying to come and see me and look after our small child.

I hate them, and now when they ring they deserve everything I chuck at them.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hello Team

Have you sent a letter about the phone calls? There is a template here which may stop them:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Any more phone calls, beachcomber?

Or have they decided to leave you alone?

I think you are just too nice to them! They like phoning you too much.:D

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Morning, Someones up bright & early

Only two yesterday, which came through via divert from home to my works mobile (silent vibrate set against all their numbers) so I knew it was them), so I just accepted the call & hung up again without saying anything - Well - we were out enjoying a Costa coffee at the time! :cool:

Someone's an insomniac, who only gets peace to do things at night.

At least electricity is cheaper then, I hope!:D

Only two phone calls! They haven't phoned me since the 23rd- after me berating them, I haven't heard a peep. I might have to call them soon to check they are alright and didn't top themselves after I told them where they worked...

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

If I didn't think that, as soon as they see my number flash up, the poor bloke will hide under hid desk and start sucking his thumb, I would ring them right now.

Hopefully they will ring today.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Just a quick update, calls keep coming 67 in 25 days, received a reply from a Ms Renshaw stating that the calls WILL continue until a payment plan is agreed - I've been trying to do this since early May, but keep getting the same old nonsense letters back asking to ring them.

Also she still insists that they will in no way set up a payment plan until payslips, tax returns etc etc have been sent to them (already been told that this will not be entertained as they are not entitled to them).

Default notice was put on my account mid July as they had not received an I&E sheet, had they received this a default would not have been issued, although they acknowledge that the I&E has now been received they are not empowered to have the default removed ( I&E sheet posted 1st July and have written confirmation from them acknowledging receipt - way before the date of the default.

Have also received our copies of CCA's, mine was on two sheets of A4 and my wifes was on a single double sided A4, not sure what we should be looking for.

Account is supposed to be closed and passed to debitas, however after disputing account and making a formal complaint I have suddenly received a letter from Crap1 head of collections asking me to ring them to arrange sending of additional information required before they accept a reduced payment plan, then and ONLY then will phone calls stop.

Harassment complaint to Trading Standards, OFT and FOS. I think.

As for the CCA responses, have you got a scanner- people on here are experts on the prescribed terms necessary for a CCA to be enforceable. (Remove personal details)

Are you sure it isn't an application form (It might sound daft but they often try to pass it of as an agreement)- does it list the credit limit, APR, etc?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Is that on the agreement, or it could be the terms and conditions. There are experts in CCAs on this board, I am not one of them!

I only have a basic idea and unlike DCAs can tell the difference between an application form and an agreement.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08