Lowell Financial

PSB123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lowell are chasing me for a debt I believe to be over the six year statute of limitations period. I sent them the Stat Barred letter and now they have come back to me saying a payment was made on the account four and a half years ago. They haven't supplied any evidence to support this, just an amount and a date the payment was made. Should I ask them for proof of this payment?

In their latest letter they are quoting "section 29 (7) of the limitation act 1980"

Edited by PSB123

Hi

Absolutely, Make them prove when, where and who made the payment.

They have a duty to do so.

Lowells have tried "an attempted payment was made" also, which of course doesn't work.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of their threat monkeys went to a bank and paid a token amount.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Absolutely, Make them prove when, where and who made the payment.

They have a duty to do so.

Lowells have tried "an attempted payment was made" also, which of course doesn't work.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of their threat monkeys went to a bank and paid a token amount.

Thank you silverfox1961!

Yes, their words were "Your last attempted payment date on this account was dated blah blah blah for a payment of £££. We trust this clarifies the situation and look forward to receiving your payment proposals" :rolleyes:

Tell them you were in prison at that time doing time for GBH to a lying DCA.

:D:D

That statement means bu**er all. You have stated SB and they will have to now prove otherwise. If they continue to hassle you, report them to Trading Standards and the OFT

• Haha 1

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Lowell are chasing me for a debt I believe to be over the six year statute of limitations period. I sent them the Stat Barred letter and now they have come back to me saying a payment was made on the account four and a half years ago. They haven't supplied any evidence to support this, just an amount and a date the payment was made. Should I ask them for proof of this payment?

In their latest letter they are quoting "section 29 (7) of the limitation act 1980"

for information, they themselves have recently had CCJs filed against them.

The Leeds Losers are well known on here for their imaginary payments on Stat Barred debts. They tried it on with me. Problem was I was supposed to have made the payment at a bank on a Sunday when I was 5000 miles away.

As for these so called attempted payments, they dont count. You either have to pay the money or make a WRITTEN acknowledgement of the debt.

Personally I wouldnt even bother responding to their nonsense. You have told them the alleged debt is Statute Barred. They have to PROVE otherwise.

The Leeds Losers are well known on here for their imaginary payments on Stat Barred debts. They tried it on with me. Problem was I was supposed to have made the payment at a bank on a Sunday when I was 5000 miles away.

As for these so called attempted payments, they dont count. You either have to pay the money or make a WRITTEN acknowledgement of the debt.

Personally I wouldnt even bother responding to their nonsense. You have told them the alleged debt is Statute Barred. They have to PROVE otherwise.

They recently issued proceedings against me.. the curts threw it out as they could nopt provide a copy of the signed agreement.

Den

• 1 month later...

They still proceed in sending me threatening letters and have now handed over to Red Debt Collection Services. They're threatening me with a CCJ, a charge on my property and Bailiffs. I have told them this is Stat Barred but they persist in telling me it isn't, with wild accusations of attempted payments. Can some one suggest a good template letter so that i can finally get rid:confused: :mad:

They still proceed in sending me threatening letters and have now handed over to Red Debt Collection Services. They're threatening me with a CCJ, a charge on my property and Bailiffs. I have told them this is Stat Barred but they persist in telling me it isn't, with wild accusations of attempted payments. Can some one suggest a good template letter so that i can finally get rid:confused: :mad:

i cannot see the point in keep sending them nice letters asking them to stop doing whatever,just let them be,let them get on with it and if they have the right paperwork/documentation then they will file for court proceedings. if not they will just keep pestering you until the cows come home.

• Haha 1

Red Debt= Lowells. Same company, same threats, different monkeys. If they feel they have a case, take it to court.

My opinion, Complain to them and copy in Trading Standards and the OFT

• Haha 1

I have these silly moments. I woke up this morning thinking of this thread :eek:

I would also complain to the CSA as what the lowlifes are doing is also against their own guidelines which go something like, "Once a debtor has confirmed the debt is Statute Barred, all collection activity should cease"