can anyone help me with my problem with eon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you post the written report please.

Can you remember then, in your previous tests of opening the circuit breakers one by one, at what point the meter started turning – with all appliances etc. switched off?

There is clearly a weight of evidence here in your favour. However one could say that it is all circumstantial and it is difficult to know how to attack EON on that basis because they would simply point to the meter. I am very intrigued to know the result of the test switching on the circuit breakers one by one. Surely this must give some kind of clue as to where the electricity is going.

hi rebel 11, nothing happened at all.

I suspect that the earlier bill for 2500 that was supposed to be cancelled was somehow re applied.

there is clearly a fault somewhere to make the meter fly but I cant find it and I would have thought that eon would have the expertise

and moral obligation to investigate rather than just sit back and take my money.

we are both pensioners in poor health and the stress is making us worse.

So it wasn't a report that described the situation, describe the typical expected energy consumption for your property, describe the fact that there was no connection into any of the other outbuildings or describe the tests which were applied and it didn't end up with a formal conclusion that there must be an anomaly even if it is not explained?

Thank you. I'm sorry to get you going over old ground – but you never know, it might turn up something.

I'm trying to think strategies to put EON on the back foot so that they have to start coming up with some of their own solutions. Of course, doing what I do – I tend to think in terms of legal solutions. An action for breach of contract would be my natural choice but it is difficult to identify exactly where the breach is at this point.

The second possibility is an action in negligence. There is a doctrine called "res ipsa loquitur" which basically means that the matter is so obvious that there is no necessity to go through the steps of proving the negligent act.

I have to say that on everything which has been said on this thread so far, it seems clear that there is a serious error somewhere and which has not been addressed. No one knows what the error is. EON are the only people with the expertise to deal with it – and yet they prefer simply to sue you.

This may be clutching at straws but it seems to me that your situation is so serious that if there are only straws to be clutched then maybe they should be clutched.

Eon's Customer Service standards/charter is a good starting point, all the communication by kracer over the years that's been ignored, no sight of resolution.

https://www.eonenergy.com/About-eon/how-we-service-our-customers

https://www.eonenergy.com/About-eon/how-we-service-our-customers/our-customer-statement

Eon's Customer Service standards/charter is a good starting point, all the communication by kracer over the years that's been ignored, no sight of resolution.

https://www.eonenergy.com/About-eon/how-we-service-our-customers

https://www.eonenergy.com/About-eon/how-we-service-our-customers/our-customer-statement

Maybe you would like to identify the specific breaches which you think that they have commited

Eon has failed to investigate a query rasied by the customer on multiple occasions regarding the meter, allowing a large debt to build up on the account and failing to deal with the matter in a timely manner.

Maybe you would like to identify the specific breaches which you think that they have commited

Eon has failed to investigate a query rasied by the customer on multiple occasions regarding the meter, allowing a large debt to build up on the account and failing to deal with the matter in a timely manner.

I think that this is for Kracer to decide and to comment upon.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a different electrical problem shown elsewhere in the forums and came across this thread whilst trying to get some understanding of things related to my problem .

Perhaps my experiences of some 20 years ago may help .

Before the days of the split from generating boards to someone who resells the electricity , I had mega problems with mains borne spikes tripping my supply trip & master switch to the main consumer unit.

One day after having over 100 trips out I managed to get hold of the generators electrical faults folk and explained that being an industrial electronic test & service engineer I had checked all my plug in equipments and also traced all the wiring & had found no faults.

They sent a team of two to test the installation with a simple plug in rotating drum voltage & current , this was left for two days and didn't it register any problem .

Yet in the presence of the head honcho who came that afternoon the trip kept actuating .

Next morning they sent in a team of two to check all my wiring from the fuse board , disconnected the wires inside the consumer unit ., took off every wall plate, disconnected all light fittings & switches etc . so that there were only cables in place .

They then did a thing called a Wee Megga test , which is a high insulation test to show whether there was " leakance " occurring ( basically electricity leaking out of cables , through old cables with breaking down insulation when they are damp ....as we lived in a 164 yr old railway signal mans gate crossing house ) . The wee megga test proved all my cables were OK ( the place had been rewired for about four years previously ) . They reconnected things and the trip still kept tripping , even though nothing was plugged in or anything switched on .

They were scratching their heads and other body parts when I said , " Look , I know you can't see any problem on the mains with the drum recorder . Do you have an oscilloscope with a dual beam so that you can check & freeze pictures of the incoming power ? "

That was a light bulb moment for the area fault electrical engineering manager .. two days later they set up a dual beam oscilloscope and started to watch the samples of the incoming mains . Hey presto I was getting zillions of very high short lived low power mains borne spikes uperimposed on the normal supply voltage of 240 volts @ 50 cycles per second .

The manager made several urgent phone calls & stayed with me till a new engineering team put new cable to the property from the pole , replaced the incoming tails to the meter and they also fitted a special type of mains spike filtering master & residual current circuit breaker & earth leakage switch. They did anotheer scoped sampling exercise fort a good 1/2 hr & found they had resolved the problem

After that I had no problems.

It seems that because I was on the end of a long branch line from the local transformer I was getting hit with a spike @ 50 cycles a second every time an engineering company 1/2 a mile away started to draw heavy current ... they were working from 07.00 till 20.00 hrs most days inc week ends .

I respectfully suggest that until you get every circuit that runs off your consumer unit individually disconnected , stripped & wee megga tested & traced out to the bitter end of all connection points , you will have little cause to complain legally .

Getting the DNO to do an oscilloscope view of the incoming mains may well show you have some sort of timing pulse on the incoming power that should not be there.

I say this because you have a three phase supply cable to the property and to me that says the old night storage cheap electricity rates which sometimes had a white meter that was set to run via a mains borne pulse signal injected into your electricity supply .

However once that is done & because of the meter reading problem , you can ask the Distribution Network Organisation (DNO )if they will try & help you resolve it by removing the three phase cable entirely form your property and replace it with with a normal domestic supply cable system .

Do the barns / out buildings have any electrical supply in them? If so see if you can work out where the supply comes from . Does the barn /out building supply die if you turn off your master switch ?

One other thing , do you have a radar station or microwave transmitter station within say 3/4 a mile of your home or the barn/ out buildings

Edited by Plantoid

• 1 year later...

i apologise for the delay in getting back on the forum but I have been unwell. the situation is unchanged, I am still being charged a thousand pounds plus per quarter. has anyone got any fresh ideas?