Builders broke my showers and refuse to fix it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has any experience in this area or any tips for me.

A few weeks ago I had a company in to fix a leaky pipe in my bathroom. They fixed the leaky pipe but as a result of their work, one shower will now not turn on, and the other has literally no pressure and the temperature dial does not work properly.

I informed them of this and they came round to fix it but only made the problem worse. I informed them of this again and have given them the opportunity to come round again to fix it but they refuse to do so.

Does anyone know what my next step should be? I was thinking I should engage a third party to fix it and then pursue the original company in the small claims court for the cost?

Thanks so much in advance.

I'd send a letter to the company stating the facts, send it recorded.

If you don't receive a response within say 5 days and they haven't fixed it, go for the third party fix and small claims court. I would tell them exactly what you are going to do. It will be a pain not having the showers working for 5 days, but at least you'll have that letter to present in court.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

So I sent a letter giving them 5 days to fix it and they still refused.

I then got it fixed by someone else at my own expense (turned out it was a simlpe error they had made reconnecting the pipes).

Any idea what my next steps should be? Can i take them to small claims court to get a refund for the amount I spent and the hassle of not having a shower for 3 weeks?

Thanks so much.

Send them a letter saying that since they had refused to rectify their mistake, you have now had it repaired by another company. Enclose a copy of the invoice and request they pay this, failing which you will issue a claim in the small claims court.

It would be useful (for court) if you could get something in writing from the other company of what the simple error was.