What Now???

amieharrison
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: :confused: :confused: Hi again I'm a tad confused,

I sent my prelim letter to Lloyds requesting back the £1600+ that they have over-charged me in the usual way.

They have sent me a letter back (very promptly I must add) that i cant find mentioned anywhere on this site (i have looked i promise!). Please see quotes below...

'Like any business we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When a customer doesnt have enough money in their account to cover a payment, this always means additional work. We must either make the payment for you via an overdraft or send the payment request back. Either way, it has to happen speeditly. We feel its only fair to charge for extra work involved.'

Blah blah blah, not enough money in account, blah blah...

'You've mentioned the new guidelines from the OFT on credit card default charges. We don't agree with the OFT's thinking on this and we're still taking it through with them. But the important point is that the guidelines only concern 'default' charges. The fees we charge for going over an overdraft limit and for returned payments are not any kind of default penalty. They are fixed standard prices for the service we provide in these situations. So according to our legal experts, the OFT's guidelines on credit card default charges do not in any way apply.'

'If youre still unhappy please dont hesitate to telll me what more you would like me to do. If we cannot agree a solution at that point, I can help refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for independant review.

Blah blah... 'if we dont hear from you by 18/09/2006 weunderstand that matters have been resolved between us. though of course I'll be happy to hear from you should you come back with any point afterwards. '

Any advice for my next steps would be most appreciated. I do feel like just leaving it at that but I'm sure this must just be a bog std letter to try and scare me off???

If I am to go on what exactly should I do? I'm starting to get a bit stressed with it as although I have read all the info on the site I'm still a bit unsure?

Thanks v. much

Amie

:confused: :confused: :confused: Hi again I'm a tad confused,

I sent my prelim letter to Lloyds requesting back the £1600+ that they have over-charged me in the usual way.

They have sent me a letter back (very promptly I must add) that i cant find mentioned anywhere on this site (i have looked i promise!). Please see quotes below...

'Like any business we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When a customer doesnt have enough money in their account to cover a payment, this always means additional work. We must either make the payment for you via an overdraft or send the payment request back. Either way, it has to happen speeditly. We feel its only fair to charge for extra work involved.'

Blah blah blah, not enough money in account, blah blah...

'You've mentioned the new guidelines from the OFT on credit card default charges. We don't agree with the OFT's thinking on this and we're still taking it through with them. But the important point is that the guidelines only concern 'default' charges. The fees we charge for going over an overdraft limit and for returned payments are not any kind of default penalty. They are fixed standard prices for the service we provide in these situations. So according to our legal experts, the OFT's guidelines on credit card default charges do not in any way apply.'

'If youre still unhappy please dont hesitate to telll me what more you would like me to do. If we cannot agree a solution at that point, I can help refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for independant review.

Blah blah... 'if we dont hear from you by 18/09/2006 weunderstand that matters have been resolved between us. though of course I'll be happy to hear from you should you come back with any point afterwards. '

Any advice for my next steps would be most appreciated. I do feel like just leaving it at that but I'm sure this must just be a bog std letter to try and scare me off???

If I am to go on what exactly should I do? I'm starting to get a bit stressed with it as although I have read all the info on the site I'm still a bit unsure?

Thanks v. much

Amie

Hi Amie and all,

I have also just received this exact letter. I am a bit confused as well - do I just file my claim with moneyclaim online now?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

You both seem confused, like said on this forum so many times you must read the FAQs 2, 3, 4 times over to understand the process of what you are doing, and read other peoples threads to see what they have gone through.

The letter you have received is a bog standard template reply to your Prelim letter, don't let it faze you it is just the banks trying to put you off and give you no hope of winning remember they are in the wrong here, your next step is to send your LBA letter found in the template libary, i hope you included your schedule of charges with your Prelim, but if not you must include it with your LBA (letter before action) otherwise they wil know you don't know what you are doing.

You must wait 14 days from the date they received your Prelim letter until you send your LBA, then they will send you another standard letter saying this is their final word 14 days after they receive your LBA then its moneyclaim, take this time to read everything you can from this site.

Its important you understand what you are doing.

Regards

Adamski

Hey Guys/Girls

You have nothing to worry about- My letter was the same as yours word for word. As adam says wait 14 days then send your LBA letter!

Come on show Lloyds what your made off!! You can do this

Vicky

Letter asking for my money back sent 24/07/06

Letter sent by them saying a big fat "NO" on the 26/07/06

LBA sent via email on the 31/07/06 14 days and counting.

Letter from them on 07/08/06 saying Bugger Off

MONEY CLAIM ISSUED 14/08/06

Thanks for your replies.

I think Amie and I are confused because Lloyds have replied within 14 days and the step-by-step instructions didn't mention this. The LBA letter starts by saying:

"I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXDATEXX]."

Can we just change this to "I am very disappointed with your response to my letter of the [XXDATEXX]." ??

I understand it is frustrating that newbies who seemingly haven't read the FAQ's post qustions like this, but I can assure you that I have read through them and unfortunately can't find the answer to my query. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks again.

Well i thought the same when i had my letter back. So i changed mine to something like " further to your letter dated......."

Vicky

Letter asking for my money back sent 24/07/06

Letter sent by them saying a big fat "NO" on the 26/07/06

LBA sent via email on the 31/07/06 14 days and counting.

Letter from them on 07/08/06 saying Bugger Off

MONEY CLAIM ISSUED 14/08/06

Well i thought the same when i had my letter back. So i changed mine to something like " further to your letter dated......."

Vicky

Thanks Vicky!

I'll do that... I have just read your thread - hope it all goes smoothly for you :)

C