NCO Europe (?) or The Devil..?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a very breathy, throaty message left on my home phone... At first, all I could make out was the last 3 digits of the telephone number... 666!:o

I have listened again and again to this 'Devil Man' and eventually worked out it WAS a telephone number (0870 1525666), and I ASSUME I was to call back... I dialled 141 before, and it seems to be a company called NCO Europe... Does anyone know who they are, or WHY they'd be calling me..?

I think this is their website: NCO > Home and they appear to be a debt collection company... The only outstanding debt I have is currently in dispute with CIS (Counselling Intermediary Services, who appear to have bought old debt from Halifax..) Do you think CIS have now sold it to NCO...

Or... is it just the Devil....?

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

No - I don't think so at least. I DID get a dodgy 'raspy, whispery' call about a week ago, but I didn't even bother doing 1471. It's probably only one of my admirers anyway!

Thanks Noomill!

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Hi I am also having problems with NCO, they at first started calling me telling me that i Owed over £800 to Paypal through chargebacks that Paypal never informed me off as I dont use them anymore.

I thought ok must be true so i paid them over £300 back to keep them from my door so to speak.

I also got the mythical I will be calling at your door card fromt them as well.

I read up on themin another thread and sent them a letter recorded delivery asking for a proof of contract from me and Paypal and a copy of documentation supporting claim from paypal and the total now owed.

This was sent and received on 9 January, today I received another demand letter from them which now shows balance of £854.51, which means they have added over £300 again to this as charges>

What can I do to stop this and cancel the charges, which I obviously think are out of order.

Thanks for taking time to read this and sorry it has been so long winded.

Foget to say in original post that the letter I received today 26th Jan was dated 16th Jan demanding immediate payment or further action will be taken.No I know that sometimes the post can be slightly delayed but 10 days for first class, you have to be joking!!!!!:confused:

Have telephoned NCO and spoke with a member of their staff they now say there are no charges levied against my account and that the letter they sent is a standard !!! letter which quotes the original figure owed no matter how many payments have been made.

I asked them for the copies of the documents provided by Paypal to them, they said that I would have to contact Paypal for these. They were able to tell me however how much money has went through my Paypal account both in and out and that Paypal had given them these figures.

Contacted Paypal and I do acknowledge the figures owed, but they state they sent me email communication informing me of these figures but for some reason the emails went to my defunct email address.

They state that they will resend them to my verified Paypal address in couple of days.

When this happens I will see if there are any undue charges added by NCO.

Will post again when I have these figures..

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we are 2 weeks later, siince then I have received another of the now infamous cards saying Mr P Brown will be calling on such and such day, he never showed funnily enough....

I have also received a letter from the brilliant lawyers Leatham and Locke, threatening this and that and demanding payment within 72 hours, which was dated at least 7 days before I received it.

I telephoned the number and surprise surprise it was NCO.

I waited the 72 hours and telephoned NCO, they could find no record of me on their computers and could not explain this, they asked me to call them again later to give them time to find out what was wrong.

Needless to say I never called them again and have not heard from them since.

Does this mean that the account has now been passed back to Paypal ????

Have also contacted Paypal by both phone and email, they stated that they would not send me any documentation and that I would get it all from NCO and NCO state that you can get this from you guessed it Paypal.

It is good to see how 2 thriving businesses have their fingers on the pulse.

I will not be contacting anybody anymore and I have a record and copies of all contact I have made with both companys should it come to that.

Will post again when I hear more.

• 1 month later...

Their job description must make very interesting reading then.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Oh here we go again... Although it does not say on this particular thread, NCO were contacting me with no reason.

They have the wrong person.

I do NOT owe any debt!

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

It sound like someone has got hold of ur information. and that the end of the day if u have not secured ur information then thats ur fault. Its ur information and its vital its taken care of. I shread all my info and i secure all my info on line im not carless.

I am most certainly NOT a member of a DCA or anything to do with them (feel free to read my threads), but to play devil's advocate, my brother once had a debt collector come weekly to collect some outstanding amount when he was very young (about 14 years ago, i think) and this guy was actually outstandingly nice. He was an old guy nearing retirement and so probably didn't give a f*** about his employers.

I think we have got to remember that there are some nice guys working in the industry, and I've even spoken to a couple in my time, but, IMO, the problems lies in the way people are trained. The companies just want to get as much money as quickly as possible and, it appears, do not train their staff in customer service but just hitting their targets.

On the flip side of the coin, i have spoken recently to a nightmare from Mackenzie Hall who absolutely delighted in verbally abusing me, so obviously there is the problem of sadists being attracted to the job too. Now, who do you think gets the most results - shouting people or nice guys? If it was the nice guys, more DCA's would employ them.

However, i think this site will impact on this at some point and hopefully the DCA's will learn that if they obey the law, OFT guidelines and actually do their job correctly rather than using intimidation, they won't get people saying "where's my CCA?"; "I'm sending you an SAR"; "this debt is statute barred" etc, etc, etc. I'm sure people will agree - the finanical institutions and DCA's act correctly and ethically, then their customers will be less likely to get in a mess in the first place and more likely to sort it out quickly if they do.

I agree that Mr/Ms sheep does appear to be a spy in the camp - perhaps you can pass this message on?

Oh, what a happy day that would be ...

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Also interesting to read that Mr/Ms sheep has a car - obviously not had a visit from the bailiffs, then :p

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.