Capquest Statement, WTF?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I just got this in the post this morning!

CapquestStatement1.jpg

CapquestStatement2.jpg

I HAVE NEVER had a cheque account with this alleged debt!

I first heard about it when I got this -

Cap1.jpg

I then have asked them for a CCA (via CAG Template) in December following the Statutory demand - They totally ignored me, took the postal order and sent this -

CapquestLetter.jpg

I ignored their request for info (the cheek of them!)

They obviously do not even know for sure if I am the person they think I am!

I then sent them "Time Up" letter (via CAG Template) in January - They ignored me yet again!

It appears that they take no notice of the CAG templates and are a law unto themselves!

What the hell do I do to get these idiots to get lost?

They have no CCA, no statements, no details NOTHING and yet they continue to process my data!

TODAY I have now found out I have an account with them!!!!

I think that they are absolutely mental!

Should I sue them?

Thanks,

G

Edited by RoyalIrish

If you know absolutely nothing of this debt, tell them and report them to trading standards and the OFT.

Check your credit file to make sure they haven't put any adverse info on there.

Did you have any account with the original lender?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

:confused:

The letter dated 26 January 2009 from Capquest.. The address they are asking you to confirm you have ever lived at, is that the same address to which they have sent all the letters ?

If not, then this is a phishing trip.

IMHO, if you have no knowledge of this account, or the address then I would be making a complaint to the OFT. They will not intervene in individual complaints, but they do keep a log of such complaints.

Perhaps also a further letter to CAPquest reminding them they are in default of your CCA request made on DATE. Enclose a copy of it for their attention.

Dont use your normal signature, or use signgaurd (antitampering strip).

The statement they have sent is a statutory requirement which came in around 2008. However, if the account doesnt belong to you.. then why the hell are they sending you one anyway ?

What is the story on the Statutory Demand they sent in December 2008 ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you know absolutely nothing of this debt, tell them and report them to trading standards and the OFT.

I have been telling them I no nothing of this debt!

They keep ignoring me!

Check your credit file to make sure they haven't put any adverse info on there.

This statement is most likely designed specifically so they can default me every month!

Did you have any account with the original lender?

Er, this is a public forum, my previous accounts are personal!

Thanks!

:confused:

The letter dated 26 January 2009 from Capquest.. The address they are asking you to confirm you have ever lived at, is that the same address to which they have sent all the letters ?

If not, then this is a phishing trip.

IMHO, if you have no knowledge of this account, or the address then I would be making a complaint to the OFT. They will not intervene in individual complaints, but they do keep a log of such complaints.

Perhaps also a further letter to CAPquest reminding them they are in default of your CCA request made on DATE. Enclose a copy of it for their attention.

Dont use your normal signature, or use signgaurd (antitampering strip).

The statement they have sent is a statutory requirement which came in around 2008. However, if the account doesnt belong to you.. then why the hell are they sending you one anyway ?

What is the story on the Statutory Demand they sent in December 2008 ?

The SD just disappeared after I sent them the CCA request!

Why am I getting a statement if they have no CCA and they don't even know if I am the person they are after?

Surely this is illegal?

My credit file is shot to pieces now, all because of redundancy and companies like this.

I have written myself off for ever getting credit again.

G

Edited by RoyalIrish

The SD just disappeared after I sent them the CCA request!

Why am I getting a statement if they have no CCA and they don't even know if I am the person they are after?

Surely this is illegal?

G

There is something in the OFT Guidelines about this.. I will go find it and BRB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Here you go.. the full Guidelines are in the following link and it might be a good idea to have a read to see if anything else applies.. I have only included the sections I consider relate to your situation. The full information is in the link below.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/527-oft-debt-collection-guidance

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. sending demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question, for example, threatening debt recovery action to 'the occupier' or sending a payment demand to all people sharing the same name/date of birth as a debtor in the hope that contact with the correct debtor will be made.

b. disclosing debt details to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question, for example, disclosing details to 'the occupier' of an address.

i. failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued

j. requiring an individual to supply information to prove they are not the debtor in question, for example, driving licences, passports, full name, date of birth, signatures

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are

disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

False representation of authority and/or legal position

2.3 Those contacting debtors must not be deceitful by misrepresenting their authority

and/or the correct legal position.

2.4 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

b. falsely implying or stating that action can or will be taken when it legally cannot, for example, referring to bankruptcy or sequestration proceedings when the balance is too low to qualify for such proceedings or claiming a right of entry when no court order to this effect has been granted

f. pursuing third parties for payment when they are not liable

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS