Do I claim from the Bank or the Debt Collection Agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well heres my first post

Two years ago I had a Nationwide credit card with a balance of just over a £1000 they passed it to a debt collection agency who offerred if I paid half of it £550 then the would settle for that and write the rest off. I paid them through a CHAPS payment from my bank.

1) I know I can still get copies of my credit card statements from Nationwide but do I claim the money from the debt collection agency

(which I would prefer to do as I dont want to loose my Nationwidwe account)

or do I claim it form Nationwide?

2) I think it was sold by Nationwide to the debt collection agency but how can I find this out for sure after so long?

as new to this im not sure if I can leave my email for people to reply to

but here it is xxx

Ed,

Only the charges added for late payments and over limit can be reclaimed as they are penalty charges. You will need to reclaim these from Nationwide using the process detailed.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Guest Zooman
You will need to reclaim these from Nationwide using the process detailed.
Not if it has been sold, this is still very much work in progress and I hope to come back to all who are asking this within a few days.

I gave exactly the same issue with RBS, the DCA rang me and offered me a 25% discount, I paid in full via Switch Card. I have been told to claim against RBS not the DCA.

HSBC Prelim Letter sent 08/08 recorded delivery requesting £1645 - offer made of £1420 on 18/08 and accepted

:) - a HUGE ;) thanks to CAG.

22/08 DPA to Capital One Sent recorded delivery

22/08 DPA to RBS Advanta Sent recorded delivery

ALWAYS USE RECORDED DELIVERY

I had a debt with Citi that was sold on to hillesden - I am claiming from Citi and they have never denied they are responsible for refund. They have made the point that they are effectively losing out twice as they sold 870 debt for 221, and I am claiming 708 (is now 900 in court claim), and also I have never paid charges which is tosh as I have monthly payments in place with DCA. The y haven't agreed to pay charges but offered a partial payment therefore AFAIK they are admitting responsibility for repayment.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

thanks gizmo, yeah I'm sticking to claiming from the credit card compaines, more letters sent by recorded delivery today

HSBC Prelim Letter sent 08/08 recorded delivery requesting £1645 - offer made of £1420 on 18/08 and accepted

:) - a HUGE ;) thanks to CAG.

22/08 DPA to Capital One Sent recorded delivery

22/08 DPA to RBS Advanta Sent recorded delivery

ALWAYS USE RECORDED DELIVERY

At first glance I would expect this to be a case of Joint and Several Liability. If the amount of your claim is under £5,000 and to be pursued in England I would call both the DCA and the CC company as Defendants.

At the end of the day you have the expenses protection.