Buy as you View sharks!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes il hold my hands up im a total IDIOT for getting over priced goods from these cowboys.

As it stands we are paying £232 every eight weeks for goods we dont even own, and up until last year we always got something new when the old item was nearly paid off.It turns out that even if you have only 1 payment left on an old item and you get something new the whole lot gets refinanced including said item that nealr paid off so that item is not yours for another three years basically.

Anyway last year my partner got a pc from these idiots and was told "it would only add a couple of pounds a week onto your balance" so she signed the contract without even looking at the figures, turns out it more than doubled our payments and a few months later the account manager that signed us up for the pc got the sack for doing the same thing to other people, but buy as you view say we cant do a thing because we signed the contract, even though to me thats miss selling am i correct in that?

Then a few weeks ago me and my partner decide enough is enough and we want facts and figures infront of us from BAYV i.e .paperwork, stating how much we have paid up to now ,copies of original agreements,and what do we legally own.We were told someone would contact us in two days as the main office cant gewt that infomation(that was 2 weeks ago).So we rang back and kicked off only to be told this time they dont keep that info on how much we have paid thats for us to do through our bank statements!!!!!.

I dont know what to do form here but our household has been hit hard in the pcoket this year and everything we are trying is falling on deaf ears.Doesanyone have any advice on if wer have been miss sold the pc and on how we can get our hands on our paperwork?.

Thanks

yes same type of company as brighthouse same policies same methods same attitudes not worth no effort collectors threatning demanding .u can send the goods back u know then ur rid of them .LET ME TELL YOU I HAD A WASHING MACHINE FROM THESE IN JULY 2009 IT BURST INTO FLAMES IT HAD BEEN REPAIRED SO MANY TIMES ITS NOT TRUE .SEVERE DAMAGE CAUSED TO MY BRAND NEW KITCHEN ESTIMATE AROUND 3000 GRAND .BUY AS U VIEW NOT INTRESTED AT ALL WITH THIS SITUATION JUST IGNORE MY SITUATION .

I am not certain but if you send them a subject access request, they would have to send you everything they have on you under the data protection act. They can not refuse to do this, they can be a pain in the back end and not comply at which point you can take court action to force them to comply.

you send these a sar, this costs £10 send recorded and they have 40 days to supply all info held by them about you including payments made and agreements signed, if after 40 days they do not cough up then report them to trading standards

Think il do that thanks for the advice, Please if anyone is thinking about using BAYV or BH DONT FOR GODS SAKE!!!!! if you can afford the weekly payments you can afford to save up and own it outright in a much shorter space of time.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and i will NEVER use these types of companies again as you pay for things at least 5 times over with BAYV

Yes il hold my hands up im a total IDIOT for getting over priced goods from these cowboys.

As it stands we are paying £232 every eight weeks for goods we dont even own, and up until last year we always got something new when the old item was nearly paid off.It turns out that even if you have only 1 payment left on an old item and you get something new the whole lot gets refinanced including said item that nealr paid off so that item is not yours for another three years basically.

Anyway last year my partner got a pc from these idiots and was told "it would only add a couple of pounds a week onto your balance" so she signed the contract without even looking at the figures, turns out it more than doubled our payments and a few months later the account manager that signed us up for the pc got the sack for doing the same thing to other people, but buy as you view say we cant do a thing because we signed the contract, even though to me thats miss selling am i correct in that?

Then a few weeks ago me and my partner decide enough is enough and we want facts and figures infront of us from BAYV i.e .paperwork, stating how much we have paid up to now ,copies of original agreements,and what do we legally own.We were told someone would contact us in two days as the main office cant gewt that infomation(that was 2 weeks ago).So we rang back and kicked off only to be told this time they dont keep that info on how much we have paid thats for us to do through our bank statements!!!!!.

I dont know what to do form here but our household has been hit hard in the pcoket this year and everything we are trying is falling on deaf ears.Doesanyone have any advice on if wer have been miss sold the pc and on how we can get our hands on our paperwork?.

Thanks

They dont keep details on how much you have paid - all that is up to you?

Fine, tell them that according to your records you have paid up and now owe them nothing - you will get some records from them instantly!!

They dont keep details on how much you have paid - all that is up to you?

Fine, tell them that according to your records you have paid up and now owe them nothing - you will get some records from them instantly!!

I like that ALOT lol, may even give it a try and see what happens!!

Yesterday we spoke to consumer direct and told them about how we still dont own items and the cover has ran out on faulty items, they told us as we dont own the items and its all HP that BAYV has a right under the supply of goods act 1973 to either repair, replace or refund on the items that are faulty that we still dont own.

Has anybody else had any joy doing this and does anyone know if this is indeed the case?

• 3 months later...

I am currently working on a CAG "Buy as You View" customer advice factsheet - a similar item to our existing CAG BrightHouse factsheet which you may have already seen.

CAG has received a lot of complaints about BAYV recently.

I have placed a thread in the "sticky" section of the forum HERE for anyone to contribute with their experiences, horror stories, GOOD SERVICE STORIES, or anything they feel would be of interest, and of use, to the factsheet.

PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR VIEWS TO THIS THREAD. Add your views HERE

Many thanks

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

consumer direct are nearly right i suppose.

you dont own nothing until the last penny has been paid.

but for damage or faulty goods your argument is with the finance provider.

as you know buy as you view function under a company called dunraven finance,

buy as you view dunraven finance all part as buy as you view holdings in wales.

other words they drink out of the same hole.

your part of the act u need to be looking at is the supply of goods act implied terms 1973.

was the goods fit for there purpose in your case no.thats faulty goodsi am on about .

the manner you was sold the goods or your partner was you misold the goods obviously this was not looked at or explained to you did you not understand the agreement you had signed.strange the rep was sacked so why was he sacked.

think you should pursue this but remember all letters recorded delivery and keep copies of each letter sent .

• 1 month later...

Dont know what going on with our account but other half must have said something that touched a nerve as was transfered to senior managment, apparently a COMPANY DIRECTOR a Peter ............ did not catch the last name

Edited by Ripoffasyouview

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Dont know what going on with our account but other half must have said something that touched a nerve as was transfered to senior managment, apparently a COMPANY DIRECTOR a Peter ............ did not catch the last name

These are the names and details with the OFT

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0016513

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberBuy As You View Limited1257038

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Issued Date: 11-Jan-1977

Expiry Date: 07-Feb-2012

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionGraham Clake Philip JonesSecretary

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionAdrian Richard HillDirectorAlan John ColeOFFICERAlwyn DaviesOFFICERAnne ColemanOFFICERDesnza JonesOFFICEREric Anthony MorrisOFFICERFrederick SteingraberDirectorGareth OwenOFFICERGarry George Clarke Garry Georges ClarkeDirectorGillian Caroline WilmotOFFICERGraham ClarkeOFFICERGruffydd DoddOFFICERIan Philip CoatesOFFICERJohn CookeOFFICERJohn RamsbottomOFFICERJoseph Patrick KinneyOFFICERKay LeighOFFICERLinda DaviesOFFICERMark Evan LanyonOFFICERMark IncledionOFFICERMartin GreenhalghOFFICERMaurice PadfieldOFFICERMichael Eric WiddopOFFICERMichael Ryan HendersonOFFICERMichael Rylan HendersonOFFICERMr Bernard William Richard JonesOFFICERMr Gerald Haydn ColemanOFFICERMr Paul Adrian ThompsonOFFICERMr William Donald JonesOFFICERPaul HennesseyOFFICERRandal James EdwardsOFFICERRobert John MasonOFFICERStephen BlackOFFICERStephen Clifford WrigglesworthOFFICERTimothy Parker HarrisonDirectorWilliam Brian JonesOFFICERWilliam Richard FlahertyOFFICER

Nature of Business:

TVs Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceKingsway Buildings, Bridgend Industrial Estate, BRIDGEND, Mid Glamorgan, CF31 3RY, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of BusinessAstra House, 1, Kingsway, Bridgend Industrial Estate, BRIDGEND, Mid Glamorgan, CF31 3RY, United KingdomRegistered OfficeKingsway Buildings, Bridgend Industrial Estate, BRIDGEND, Mid Glamorgan, CF31 3RY, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceDinas Isaf House, ., Williamstown, ., Rhondda, CF40 1NQCorrespondenceTy Rhondda, Forest View Business Park, Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff, CF72 8LXPrincipal Place Of Business1, Lindsay Court, BRIDGEND, Mid Glamorgan, CF31 3ST, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of Business112a, Dunraven St, Tonypandy, Mid Glamorgan, CF40Principal Place Of BusinessDinas Isaf House, ., Williamstown, ., Rhondda, CF40 1NQPrincipal Place Of BusinessKings Way Buildings, Kingsway, Bridgend Industrial Estate, BRIDGEND, Mid Glamorgan, CF31 3RY, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of BusinessKingsway Buildings, Bridgend Industrial Estate, BRIDGEND, Mid Glamorgan, CF31 3RY, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of BusinessTy Rhondda, Forest View Business Park, Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff, CF72 8LXRegistered Office1, Lindsay Court, BRIDGEND, Mid Glamorgan, CF31 3ST, United KingdomRegistered OfficeDinas Isaf House, ., Williamstown, ., Rhondda, CF40 1NQRegistered OfficeTy Rhondda, Forest View Business Park, Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff, CF72 8LX

Hi

We have just got rid of Buy as you view because there company is terrible.

We were told the same as you when we brought a new cooker off them it would only add a couple of pounds infact it added seven pounds a week

so we have just paid half the agreement and told them to take the stuff back.

They even tried at the start of the agreement to make me sign a blank agreement with no figures on it.

Never trust this company

• 4 weeks later...

Well ,it seems that Buy As You View are getting away with murder .They are not regulated by the FSA ( Financial Services Authority ) ,refuse point blank in admitting miss selling of warranty on goods .I have now seen 3 hp agreements with signatures on which arent the customers .Yet myself and other customer I know of have wrote to Buy As You View about these agreements and Buy As You View have even failed to respond at all ,infact they have completely ignored the fact that these agreements exist ,on 1 agreement there is no signaturelink3.gif on behalf of the company ,no date ,date of birth of customer is wrong ,thats without the signature looking nowhere near that of the customers ,so ' allegedly forged '. Buy As You View know full well that the financial Ombudsmanlink3.gif cant take cases on of Buy As You View as they are not regulated by the FSA ,clever Graham Clarke and co . This company are taking thousands off customers ,high interestlink3.gif rates .Yet turn a blind eye to serious complaints . They also state that all employees are trained to sell the warranty ,explain to customers what it is ,and employees have unannounced visits upon them to check on them ,so to speak . If you ever have a problem with this company ,telephone consumer direct or your local trading standards . Rip off as you view have no care for their customers complaints .

Heres an online petition against this company ,its about time they were stopped ,can you please sign it

Buy As You View Interest charges ,miss selling to customers and poor customer services

Well ,it seems that Buy As You View are getting away with murder .They are not regulated by the FSA ( Financial Services Authority ) ,refuse point blank in admitting miss selling of warranty on goods .I have now seen 3 hp agreements with signatures on which arent the customers .Yet myself and other customer I know of have wrote to Buy As You View about these agreements and Buy As You View have even failed to respond at all ,infact they have completely ignored the fact that these agreements exist ,on 1 agreement there is no signaturelink3.gif on behalf of the company ,no date ,date of birth of customer is wrong ,thats without the signature looking nowhere near that of the customers ,so ' allegedly forged '. Buy As You View know full well that the financial Ombudsmanlink3.gif cant take cases on of Buy As You View as they are not regulated by the FSA ,clever Graham Clarke and co . This company are taking thousands off customers ,high interestlink3.gif rates .Yet turn a blind eye to serious complaints . They also state that all employees are trained to sell the warranty ,explain to customers what it is ,and employees have unannounced visits upon them to check on them ,so to speak . If you ever have a problem with this company ,telephone consumer direct or your local trading standards . Rip off as you view have no care for their customers complaints .

We would like to point out that the Financial Ombudsman Service will indeed take on any complaint logged against BAYV and fully investigate this.

I am sure Lefty would confirm this fact.

Perhaps you would like to post the written response you have had from FOS?

As regards any complaint we do take this serious and rectify if it is clearly established that the company is at fault.

Clearly in relation to your complaint we are not at liberty to discuss matters on this forum and so we can only advise you once again BAYV are regulated by:

The Consumer Credit Act 1974

The Sale of Goods Act

The Supply of Goods Act

The Data Protection Acts 1998

We are also members of the CCTA ( Consumer Credit Trade Association)

Along with FOS you can also raise your issue with Trading standards BAYVs main contact in Trading Standards is Mr D.Gregory at www.bridgend.gov.uk

BAYV

We would like to point out that the Financial Ombudsman Service will indeed take on any complaint logged against BAYV and fully investigate this.

I am sure Lefty would confirm this fact.

Perhaps you would like to post the written response you have had from FOS?

As regards any complaint we do take this serious and rectify if it is clearly established that the company is at fault.

Clearly in relation to your complaint we are not at liberty to discuss matters on this forum and so we can only advise you once again BAYV are regulated by:

The Consumer Credit Act 1974

The Sale of Goods Act

The Supply of Goods Act

The Data Protection Acts 1998

We are also members of the CCTA ( Consumer Credit Trade Association)

Along with FOS you can also raise your issue with Trading standards BAYVs main contact in Trading Standards is Mr D.Gregory at www.bridgend.gov.uk

BAYV

I will scan the letter now and post

I will scan the letter now and post

Also with regards to paragraph 3 above ,a complaint was submitted not only by myself ,but of another person ,both of us having hire purchase agreements which bare 'alledged forged ' signatures ,yet not 1 of us recieved a reply about our complaint back from top managerial of Buy As You View to whom the complaints were submitted