style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problem Ang, just post if unsure of any of the process.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes you need to register with MCOL and then follow the instructions on the summons re on line .There will be a user name and password.

Regards

Andy

Need to slow down a bit Ang, just acknowledge the claim for now.I would of thought that you are not in a position to draft any defence as yet

as you refer to a DSAR? Once litigation as commenced you request information via the CPR (Civil Procedure Rules) not a DSAR.

Regards

Andy

Yes use CPR 31.14 this is for the agreement and Default Notice they refer to in their Particulars of Claim.

With regards to the statements yes use a S.A.R but it may take 40 days for them to respond which will be past your defence date.

Andy

Ang you do realise that because you have plead Defend Part you will receive an CCJ and you will have to make offer to pay the bit you agree with.

You will have to submit a defence for the part you dont and yet you have no information to verify that defence.

No get your CPR request off asap and contact them with regards to your D.S.A.R stating that you are prepared to collect from their local office

to speed matters.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi ,I have received a letter from loans2go saying that they have sent a copy of the credit agreement and particulars of the claim and also states that the civil procedure rules are complex and do not lend themselves to a template based approach:!: and we should therefore strongly advise you to consult with a solicitor to avoid unnecessary costs being incurred by yourselves ,should I post it up on here? ,because i,m not sure what to look for to see if it is valid.kind regards angnnig

Post it up less any identifiable data.

Andy

Well all their paperwork seems in order and I assume you owe the money so you will have to approach them with an offer of settlement

otherwise they will get their judgment and you will have a CCJ for 6 years.

Andy

I personally would use the settlement approach to reduce the amount by any fees/charges.If you can show approach

that you are prepared to drop your intended defence if they are prepared to reduce said claim by the fees/charges and meet you half way

and save both parties further costs.Im sure they would be prepared to accept your offer in the interests of further costs and litigation.

Wish you well with this matter.

Andy

They have above Agreement / Default Notice nothing else to disclose.

Andy

Andy thats not entirely true - if the matter proceeds to court and the OP loses that doesnt automatically result in a CCJ that stays on your file for 6 years. That would only occur if the OP failed to settle the judgement in full within the allowed time following judgement (cannot remember for the life of me what that timescale is!). Anyone has an absolute right to defend a civil claim without the fear that a CCJ will stay on their records!

Mr Shed on a debt of £750 I was talking in general when the debt is in excess of a 6 years comfortable affordable payment.

In Angnnig case as long as she pays more than £10.41 per month she will settle it earlier than 6 years, if not it will be with her for 6 years until the judgment is payed.

Any judgment remains on your credit file until its settled.

Regards

Andy

Yes Ang it can be done on line not sure what your defence could be though? Have you approached them re settlement?

Regards

Andy

No dont counter claim use it within settlement to reduce the amount.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Angnnig

Settled to your satisfaction with no CCJ.I will get your thread title amended.

Regards

Andy

Many thanks Maroondevo.

Regards

Andy