Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems like he is suggesting a 3 month notice period. If this is the case, I wasn't made aware of it.

I am more confused than ever now as to where I stand.

I will be making a donation to this site of 24/11, when I have money available to do so. I am truly grateful of all of the help I am receiving.

They're all printed and ready to go, but there was a crisis at my work today, so I was unable to get out to post them. I will be doing them first thing tomorrow.

Should I just send the letters and wait and have no further communication with the club for now then?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Still no response to my CCA request and the debt recovery people have sent yet another letter, this time advising that if no payment is received within 48 hours, the case will be passed to their solicitors, court costs incurred and my credit rating ruined etc.... The letter also states that they have checked and there are no outstanding issues on my account (the CCA request was signed for).

Any advice on what I should do from here. I'm really, really stressed over this, especially given the time of year.

Thanks as always,

Chris.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for your response.

I am bit confused by what you say.

Although I have no response from Belmont or the club, I am still receiving letters from the debt recovery people, threatening solicitors, court, bad credit rating etc.... Surely I can't just ignore it and do nothing? They are also saying that there are no outstanding issues on the account (despite the requests I sent!).

You aren't doing nothing - you've told them that you dispute the debt, it's now up to them to satisfy your dispute by proving that you owe them the money.

Until they do, they have no right to chase you for that debt and you have no obligation to provide them with anything.

You've been entirely reasonable. They haven't.

Ignore them.

You can write back to them each and every time, if you so wish, but I think you've done enough already? Your call...

Ok mate, thanks for that. It's reassuring.

Just a couple of questions:

What are they likely to do? Could I be called to court?

What evidence do I need to keep for any future comeback. Post office receipts etc, e-mails etc?

I'm so grateful for all your help.

Chris.