3rd debt collection attemped

m0cej
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

This is my problem.

I worked for a mailorder company for 25 years but had to go on the sick as I need major heart sugery.

They were not prepared to wait to see if I got better

they waited 6 months, finished me,

Now in my leaving interview I was told that any money I owed the company,

ie staff account work wear ect would be deducted from my final settlement which was a crap £3000 for 25 years service....

Now I was very poorly at the time (pre op) and just took the cheque and waited for my op, which I had,

But 6 months later I recieved a letter from Cap quest saying I owed £528.00 outstanding from my staff account?

I rang up Cap Quest explained the situ they told me to put it in writing which I did

I had a phone call saying I still owed I then sent a letter template off this site which statas they have 12 days in which reply about credit agreements 1974 act ect..

. 10 days later I recieved a letter saying no futher action and they were going to leave it.

A couple of months later I got another from another company saying the same thing

I followed exactly the same procedure with them and it came back they would take no further action??

Now 2 weeks ago I got a letter from Fredrick international whos website say they stand for no messing and they will take you to court?? a bit scary,

The letter said I had to pay £528.00 they are very rude on the phone, not taking no for an answer?

I got another letter 7 days later saying the debt had gone upto 623.00, if I dont pay in 5 worrking days.

Ive sent the template letter of to them with an explanation of the situation, recorded delivery which they've sign for,

But they still keep ringing I just dont answer now because its to stressful..

Why does it keep happening??

the thing is I lost my house because I lost my job, and my in recovery I had to moved out

All my letters from my old company git binned.

.. as I thought this is the last id heard of them.

. but im wondering whens it going to end??

Im now on benifits so dont have no money to give them anyway plus the address

Im at is only lodging and the landlady is getting a bit p/off with the phone calls...

. So do I just sit tight will they send anyone to the house to remove her furniture?

Oh ive send a letter off to my old company to ask them to leave me alone as theyve done enough to me as it is! I will see what happens with that.. sorry for the waffle....

regards Darren

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact your old company immediately and ask what is going on... somewhere they have slipped up and you shouldn't be hassled by the likes of Fredricksons (who are scumbags of the 1st degree). DONT phone Fredricksons again as their so called 'call centre operatives' are hopeless and only want money from you (I have reason to believe they are paid the legal minimum wage per hour and the rest is hefty commission).

If your old company won't play ball report them to Trading Standards - its rather shoddy practice to do what they did and Trading Standards should be able to help, as should your local MP.

Good advice from SG....I would also send this to Fredriksons too (recorded)....as once you have a dispute (which you have as they have failed to provide a copy of your agreement) then they cannot pass on the debt whilst it is disputed !! - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

Thanks for your advice Ive sent a letter to my old company today so I will await there reply, Plus the letter that gives FI 12 days is in also, Wether they follow the procedure I dont know as they seem to be a law to them selves.. But im at my wits end with it all... Im still not well after my op and the stress is doing me no good at all

Thanks Daz

I was in a union but its company rules and need of the business!! I worked in a small department as well so I did understand.. There was 3 per shift so it was run very tightly. Id just rather sort this problem then move on the other two debt companies were quite reasonable but its just these are very bad mannered and wont take no for an answer.... idiots.

thanks Daz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I put a post on last month about a DCA letter I recieved from Fredrickson international. Basically I worked for a mail order company for 23 years fell on ill health, they finished me (on ill health) gave me my final pay out minus deductions ie/ staff account and a few other things I must have owed..... but 12 months after they finished me I recieved a letter from Cap quest saying I owed the compant £528.00 for my staff account because they forgot to take it off my final payment... I explained to C/Quest the situ, and sent a cca template off this site and C/Quest said no further action reqiured. Then 6 months later I got another request from another DCA company I followed the same procedure and got the same result.. 6 months later on I get another off Fredrickson international but a lot more abrupt and demanding and endless phone calls 3 times a day... anyway I sent the same letter a CCA I think its called. the credit agreement one. explaining the situ, I sent this on 27/09/2009 recorded. It was sign for on the 28/09/2009 I recieved a letter from them today 10/10/2009 saying they refered the matter to there clients the account is on hold and theywill get intouch as soon as they recieve the info.. This is the same sort of letter I recieved from the other 2 companies, So what would be my next step???

Thanks for all your help Daz

Hi,

You didn't need to CCA anyone else after the first one.

All these companies are in each others back pockets and when one fails they just pass it on to another muppet.

In future, when you get one of these leeches, send them this:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

Don't bother signing, just print your name and send it recorded delivery

Report them all to the OFT

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for your reply.. Now I recieved this letter saying the account is on hold. What do I do next? Do I just send them this letter youve posted??? Or wait to hear from them??

thankyou Daz

Chances are they are going to follow on from the previous DCA's and stop contacting you but if they do try it on, send the letter and keep copies for when this debt goes on the DCA merry-go-round.

Just wait for them to write back. Don't hold your breath though.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this is my 3rd thread on this matter and thanks for all the advice.

Basically I worked for a mail order company for 23 years they finished me on ill health, closied my staff account, I was told after all deductions were made for my staff account workware ect.. what was left was my final cheque

But 12 months later I recieved a letter from dca saying I owed the company 528.00 for my staff account which I contested, sent the credit agreement request which they failed to supply and the account was passed back to there clients...then 3 months later I recieved another from a dca requesting the same so I did the same thing and got the same result.. then 3 months later fredrickson international got in touch so I did the same again with the credit agreement request and I got a letter last week saying they had written to there client requesting the said info that was 4 weeks ago...

But in the mean time acting on advice. Id written to my old company asking for a little compassion as Id work for them for 23 years and could they write the debt off as I work very hard for them plus Im still unemployed ect............

I got a letter back today from my old company saying they would reduce the debt from 528.00 to 354.00 as a good will gesture and I can pay it at 10.00 a month?? Now Im confused as what to do because its now a principal thing or am I being silly ??? how would I reply to this in writing because as you can see from my thread im not that good at explaining my self haha

Thanks very much Darren

update... I mentioned that I contacted my old company asking them to right off the debt as a good wiill gesture but replied and said I could pay it back 10.00 a month as a good will gesture!!! and they would reduce the amount from 528.00 to 354.00

Ive now recieved a letter from them with the heading "reliable collections limited" for a out standing debt of 474.00 instead of 354.00 with a payment slip for 10.00

This is what my old company send out as I worked in the print division and I used to print and send them... so what shall I do pay it or fight it as Ive not agreed to do anything..... Still confused

Daz

Well Ive still not heard a bean from fredrickson international... I dont know if it was a mistake writing to my old company as its opened a whole new can of worms as theyde already sold the debt on??

The thing is this was a staff account? so does the cca letter still apply to my old company?? because what im thinking is if this is the case then the thousands of employee with staff accounts could take the same cause of action? Is that right....

Daz