• Tweets

• Which Court have you received the claim from ?  WWW.MONEYCLAIM.GOV.UK / Civil National Business Centre If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS) Name of the Claimant :            Claimants Solicitors: BW Legal   Date of issue – 02/5/24   Date for AOS - 20/5/24 (submitted 16/5/24) Date to submit Defence - 3/6/24   What is the claim for – The Claim is for £170.00 due from the Defendant for an unpaid parking charge following a contractual breach which occurred on Sin the private car park/land at The Collective London Nw10 6Ff by the driver of registration mark, The private car park/land was lawfully occupied by the Claimant. The displayed terms and conditions offered the driver a contractual licence, were accepted upon entry by the driver, and subsequently breached. Driver's breach: Non-Permit Holder Despite demands, the parking charge remains unpaid. The Claim also includes £70.00 recovery costs as set out in the terms and conditions and in the ATA AoS Code of Practice. What is the value of the claim? 255.00 Amount Claimed 170.00 court fees 25.00 legal rep fees 50.00 Total Amount 255.00 Have you moved since the issuance of the PCN? No Did you receive a letter of Claim With A reply Pack wanting I&E etc about 1mth before the claimform? No   The Collective Parking Claim Form Redacted.pdf
    • From their website. https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/faq.aspx?p=terms-and-conditions#consumer-customers 12. Effects of cancellation / withdrawal If you cancel your purchase in the timeframes outlined in section 10 (Your right to change your mind after shipment) above you will receive a full refund including the costs of delivery (where applicable) within 14 days from the date of cancellation, except as set out below. We will provide the refund using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise.   Was it a change of mind, or faulty return?
    • leave aos for today cant hurt. try again tomorrow it often has hiccups. get cca/cpr running today! dx
    • OK, In post 10, I've highlighted 3 sections in red as suggestions for removal. Do we reckon this is enough to give them a clue, without giving them the whole gameplay?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help with 'Welcome' please.

dawnytrish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon all.

We have decided we may go for the cancellation rights under the 30 day clause.

Any views/comments on the letter below would be much appreciated.

Welcome Financial Services

Compliance

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

4th November 2009

Dear Sirs,

POLICY REF:

ACCOUNT:

I am writing to you to cancel the policies relating to the above account - this being Welcome PPI, Unsecured PAP and Welcome Lifecare 24.

I have received policy documentation relating to the above account from Direct Group on 3rd November 2009 and in reading the terms and conditions fully I realise that these are unnecessary for my circumstances...especially the Lifecare 24 for a 5 year term on a 3 year agreement, and so wish to exercise my right to cancel, as within the terms and conditions it states that you may cancel the insurance within 30 days or within 30 days of receiving policy documentation whichever is latest.

I have enclosed a copy of the covering letter and postmark from the documentation received from Direct Group as proof of date of receipt and now request that the policies are cancelled and all premiums and interest paid be refunded..

It is my understanding that all premiums for Insurances are paid up front within the agreement and therefore I claim back the full £ 1639.27 (cost) + £ 1701.24 (interest) = £ 3340.51.

In order to ensure this is dealt with swiftly a copy of this request has also been forwarded to Direct Group to ensure the policies are cancelled and refunded.

Kind Regards

Thanks in advance

Dawnx

hi just reading your post and my husband is in a similar sittuation at the moment, before sending this letter please take a look at www.which.co.uk that give tenplate letters for you to copy, and tells you who exactly who to send them to {i dont think its the insurance company you send them to} and also you wish to claim statutory compensation in the view of the fact that you have been declined of the use of this money. ive sent the template letters to welcome customer services, direct house, whiterose way doncaster, dn4 5nu. good luck!

Thanks gpm0708.....I will have a read.....and thanks for reminding me about the statutory interest to be added.

Will redo again over the weekend.

Dawnx

hi dawn, i dont know if youve read what my husbands situation is but it re

ally not much different from your daughters boyfriend.

on my husbands statement from welome finance it says that homecare was paid in full to the amount of £145 so was lifecare to the amount of £215 and so was personal protection insurance to the amount of £2615.87, so today i decided to ring direct groups customer service to check if this is so, according to them, welcome paid homecare, upfront and life insurance, upfront, but the ppi was NOT paid upfront, therfore the cost of the ppi was added to our dept incuring intrest on a monthly basis, when in fact it hasnt been paid upfront at all, direct group said they recieve £44pm for the ppi from welcome, so therefore they making £55 per month in intrest on the ppi alone. and thats increasing the capitalization on our account. we pay £284.17pm and there adding £321pm intrest so our loans going up not down, this is only happening because they have claimed they paid it up front and added to our loan amount. i dont know if you understand what im waffling on about but the moral of the story is.... you need to check if the ppi on your agreement was actually paid in full due to the fact that it probably wasnt and this is whats happening on your account to. i hope you understand what point im trying to get accross.

Hi Gpm......I think I understand what you are saying....but what will this mean re the cancellation of the policies......and should I go about this differently. Or will the letter still be ok.

Surely if the policies are cancelled then the balance of account will reduce by the full amount he has been charged plus the interest....but maybe not......should I just be asking for the policy amount but not the interest???

My head is spinning now....don't know what to do next.:confused:

Help by one and all would really be appreciated.

Dawnx

hi dawn, to put it straight they will have sold you something (ppi) without even paying for it themselves then they have added it to your dept be making a fortune off it in intrest then there paying the policy in monthly instalements.

my husband borrowed £10.000 to be repaid over 15 years, they added £2.975.87 for insurances that they claimed were paid upfront so now the dept has gone up to £12975.87 plus the acceptence fee and mif takes it up to £13210,87 so the intrest that they can acumilate on this is a lot more than it is on £10.000. so they tell you they have payed this upfront so they can rob you blind. we pay £284.17 a month and then they add £331.92 intrest a month so our loans going up not down. now if they hadnt of added these insurance the loan would be going down, not by much but it wouldnt be riseing.

basically if we were to go in to welcome tommorrow to pay up the loan we would be paying an extra £2615.87 for nothing because they LIED about paying ppi upfront.

as for were you go from here......... im personally following the tempate letters from www.which.co.uk as ive used these template letters in reclaiming bank charges and was sucsefully paid them back just by writing two template letters from this website. hope ive helped you a little bit more here.

hi Gpm...thanks for taking the time on this.

I have just got the magnifying glass out on some paperwork from Direct and it says Protected monthly benefit.£238.55(which is his monthly payment) then at the side it says weekly repayments £59.64....do you think this is what Welcome are paying weekly for the insurance....If so his loan will never go down as he is only paying £55.05 PW to Welcome. LOL.

Yet as you say these insurance amounts including interest are added onto the loan at the start.

Regarding the reclaiming do you think I should just go the mis sold way or also state the 30 day clause as we have only received the insurance documents since we sent SAR.

Think I may probably re do the letter from a template for mis-sold but also state we wish to cancel due to the 30 day rule.

Go in with all guns blazing:D

Dawnx

hi dawn, to put it straight they will have sold you something (ppi) without even paying for it themselves then they have added it to your dept be making a fortune off it in intrest then there paying the policy in monthly instalements.

my husband borrowed £10.000 to be repaid over 15 years, they added £2.975.87 for insurances that they claimed were paid upfront so now the dept has gone up to £12975.87 plus the acceptence fee and mif takes it up to £13210,87 so the intrest that they can acumilate on this is a lot more than it is on £10.000. so they tell you they have payed this upfront so they can rob you blind. we pay £284.17 a month and then they add £331.92 intrest a month so our loans going up not down. now if they hadnt of added these insurance the loan would be going down, not by much but it wouldnt be riseing.

basically if we were to go in to welcome tommorrow to pay up the loan we would be paying an extra £2615.87 for nothing because they LIED about paying ppi upfront.

as for were you go from here......... im personally following the tempate letters from www.which.co.uk as ive used these template letters in reclaiming bank charges and was sucsefully paid them back just by writing two template letters from this website. hope ive helped you a little bit more here.

ps please ring and check with direct group insurance if the ppi was paid upfront {i bet it wasnt}

on the template letter it will ask you to fill in the reasons why you were mis-sold the policys so heres what i would put.

i was not told these insurance where optional and was led to believe that my application for credit would be refused if i did not take out these insurance.

the policy exclusions where not explained to me either before or at any time i took out these insurances therefore was unable to make an informed dicision as to wether these insurances where appropriate for me

it was not explained to me that the policy premiums would be paid upfront as a single premium and would be added to my dept and attract intrest.

the insurances will still be in force after ive finished paying my loan agreement and this was not made clear to me at the time the insurances where sold to me.

Thanks again.

I will get him to ring Direct group on Monday morning (dont expect they will be open tomorrow.If the insurance hasn't been paid up front what will I reclaim...

Will I just reclaim the full amount of the policies and then just interest on anything that has been paid to Direct Group....at 72.24%APR which is what he is being charged.(How disgusting is that)

i wouldnt cancel the insurance just yet because they will try to offer you a refund of about 25% if you accept i dont know where you would stand. by what your saying they have also told you its been payed upfront when it clearly hasnt due to the fact that welcome are paying it in monthly instalments. i would just follow the link www.which.co.uk do what they tell you for now the mis-sold ppi claim [you have to type in mis-sold ppi on this website] im going to the citizens advice next week as to what to do about them adding this ppi when they havent paid it themselves to find out what we can do about that and to see if its worth getting a solicitor involved

over the next 15 years were going to end up paying welscum £51.000 [at least] there going to add £49.000 [plus££££££] so we would only have paid just over a £1000 of the loan, so when we think its our last payment 179 months in to this there going to slam us with at least a 12 grand dept again surely there must be something we can do about this.

when you say £55.05 per week it might not sound much but its still £220.20 a month and thats a lot. hot long is this loan for did you say?

Its a three year loan.He borrowed £2500.

His reapyments with the ppi etc are 238.55 per month which I multiplied by 12 and then divided by 52 to get a weekly amount for him to pay.He does have some arrears but I told him just to go in and pay the weekly amount for now while we try to get it sorted.

Such a mess for the sake of £2500 which was wasted by his ex girlfriend anyway......

over the next 15 years were going to end up paying welscum £51.000 [at least] there going to add £49.000 [plus££££££] so we would only have paid just over a £1000 of the loan, so when we think its our last payment 179 months in to this there going to slam us with at least a 12 grand dept again surely there must be something we can do about this.

when you say £55.05 per week it might not sound much but its still £220.20 a month and thats a lot. hot long is this loan for did you say?

also if you read the small print on the terms it says the apr can vary, but when you sign the agreement your signing to the apr on the agreement form and i cant see anywhere on the agreement form where it says it can change. so does this mean it can go higher when they chose to make it higher.

i rang them and asked them to send me a copy of the original agreement it cost me a tenner, and when it came it was unreadable, the ink was smudge all over the place it made me wonder .......... is there something they dont want me to see.

have you got a 12 month statement from them? if so check what capitalization they are adding each month.... can you tell me the highest ammount please

whats the start amount of the loan when insurance have been added on. this will show at the start or the end of a 12 month statement

hi dawn just done a quick calculation of this loan so here go's

if you pay £238.55 per month over 12 months and they add intrest at 72% this totals to £4922.64 x3year=..........£14767.92 (this is intrest)

so after paying 36 months of paying a total of £8587.80 welscum ****ty finance or going to say he still owes £6180.12

this doesnt include late payment charges, charges for phone calls, charges for sending out letters etc etc etc

OK guys.....Here is the letter I will post on Monday.....Thoughts please:)

Welcome Financial Services

Compliance

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

9th November 2009

Dear Sirs,

POLICY REF:

ACCOUNT:

I am writing to you to cancel the policies relating to the above account - this being Welcome PPI, Unsecured PAP and Welcome Lifecare 24.

I have received policy documentation relating to the above account from Direct Group on 3rd November 2009 and in reading the terms and conditions fully I realise that these are unnecessary for my circumstances.

I also feel that I was mis-sold these policies for the following reasons:-

1. It was implied by your salesperson that taking out these policies would assist my credit application and that if I did not take them my application may be refused.

2. It was not fully explained to me the cost of these policies and the interest that would be applied.

3. Lifecare was sold to me for 5 years on a 3 year agreement.

4. I was not informed that similar cover could be purchased elsewhere.

It concerns me that these policies were not sold to me in my best interests and so wish to exercise my right to cancel, as within the terms and conditions it states that you may cancel the insurance within 30 days or within 30 days of receiving policy documentation whichever is latest.(This being 03/11/09.)

I have enclosed a copy of the covering letter and postmark from the documentation received from Direct Group as proof of date of receipt and now request that the policies are cancelled and all premiums and interest paid be refunded. As I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response from you regarding this matter.

Yours Faithfully

Thanks again

Dawnx

Also ...why do I keep getting all this font stuff when I copy and paste from Word????:mad:

I would guess that this forum doesnt recognise the Verdana font. Maybe changing it to Arial in Word before pasting here might work.

The letter looks fine...very similar to the one I recently sent to will be interesting to see if we both get the same response.