• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Pets Corner

Spamalot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jan4a - I will admit I broke my heart for a couple of days, it was a very stressful time, we were moving house, our EX LL was a total git and illegally tried to evict us to the point the police were involved and he got a breach of the peace charge, it was the 1st anniversary of my Dad's death, so lots of tears and tantrums.

Luckily our new LL is a gem, and and refers to the 2 young cats as HER BOYS, she has even looked after them if we have been away for a day, and we have looked after her dog.

Jan yes she was only 6 mths old in the photo above she is 5 yrs now

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Mazbck - God, you did get it all at once didn't you! total nightmare.

Your LL sounds great! I'm lucky as I live near parents so they feed my cats when I'm away, I just wouldnt' go if I couldn't get someone to come in and feed and do lit trays, I couldn't put them in a cattery as I would worry too much.

And I reciprocate by looking after their cat and dog - which is a lot harder as I have to have time off work for the dog as she's never normally left alone at all so i have to be with her virtually all the time! She's a border collie cross, built like a tank though. Her friends on the field are a rottie and a dobie that she plays rough & tumble with!

This is a pic of our baby! LOl He acts just like a cat sits on my OHs lap all the time when he can! We got him from a rescue home a few years ago!DSCF1688.jpg?t=1255779160

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss too Spam,Pets become just as much a part of the family as people I know how you feel as well as we have lost some much loved pets in past

best wishes and hugs Sunflowerx

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss too Spam,Pets become just as much a part of the family as people I know how you feel as well as we have lost some much loved pets in past

best wishes and hugs Sunflowerx

Thanks Sunflower..:) Each day that passes it gets slightly easier, but our other cat Penny just seems to be bemused and frightened..:( I think it's going to take a while for her to adjust and she looks so lonely without her sidekick to chase around and snuggle up to..

Anyway, it's lovely to see some new additions to the thread as well as new pics of some of our old favourites... they're all absolutely gorgeous..

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

That's a lovely pair of kits that you have there.

I'll have to try and scan some of the photographs of some of the crowd that we've loved and lost. There are some right characters among them.:cool:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

lovely pics of peoples pets on here :)

Thanks Sunflower..:) Each day that passes it gets slightly easier, but our other cat Penny just seems to be bemused and frightened..:( I think it's going to take a while for her to adjust and she looks so lonely without her sidekick to chase around and snuggle up to..

Anyway, it's lovely to see some new additions to the thread as well as new pics of some of our old favourites... they're all absolutely gorgeous..

:)

Hi Spam

Thanks for nice message and this is a lovely thread ,My most recent loss was a lovely bunny i had called Bruce, who passed away about 3 years ago. Sadly he only lived to be about three years .He develpoped these awful face absesses and the Vet was unable to cure them ,I do miss him and even now get sad thinking about him but am worried about getting any more bunnies as they seem to get a lot of health problems and it is heart breaking when you see them get ill and you can not save them,So just sticking to having a dog and some cocatiels and some fish now though i do love bunnies and wish i could give another one a home.

Hi Sunflower

I used to have rabbits too. I lost one through absesses, another one through a colicy type thing. Like you say, they do tend to get a lot of illnesses, plus I was always really worried that the foxes might get them - their hutch was in a shed in winter so they didn't have to be locked in hutch but the foxes tried to chew through the corner of the wooden shed to get at them. So when the last one died I gave up on them - too stressful!

Am sticking to cats now.

Hi Sunflower

I used to have rabbits too. I lost one through absesses, another one through a colicy type thing. Like you say, they do tend to get a lot of illnesses, plus I was always really worried that the foxes might get them - their hutch was in a shed in winter so they didn't have to be locked in hutch but the foxes tried to chew through the corner of the wooden shed to get at them. So when the last one died I gave up on them - too stressful!

Am sticking to cats now.

Hi Jan

Sorry to hear you had horrific problems with your bunnies too,As you say i in the end it was so hearbreaking seeing them get sick and suffer all the time and vets unable to do much to help,I had to give up trying to keep bunnies eventually as they do seem very prone to tooth mouth and digestive problems and another one had an awful condition called head tilt which was horrific to see as she had her head permenantly tilted to one side and seemed to be very unhappy,Vet again could not help ,So now we decided sadly we can not cope with the heartbreak of keeping rabbits:(

Some rather touching pet memorials.. all of them written anonymously .

Old Dogs Do Not Die

We have a secret, you and I,

That no-one else shall know.

For who but I shall see you lie,

Each night in fireglow?

And who but I can reach my hand

Before we go to bed,

And feel the living warmth of you

And touch your silken head?

And only I walk woodland paths,

And see, ahead of me,

Your small form racing with the wind,

So young again, and free.

And only I can see you swim

In every brook I pass.

And when I call, no-one but I

Can see the bending grass.

Rainbow Bridge

By the edge of a wood at the foot of a hill

Is a lush green meadow, where time stands still

Where the friends of man and woman do run

When their time on earth is over and done

For here between this world and the next

Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest

On this golden land they wait and play

Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day

No more do they suffer in pain or in sadness

For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness

Their limbs are restored, their health renewed

Their bodies have healed with strength imbued

They romp through the grass without even a care

Until one day they stop and sniff the air

All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back

Then all of a sudden one breaks from the pack

For just at that instant their eyes have met

Together again, both person and pet

So they run to each other, these friends from long past

The time of their parting is over at last

The sadness they felt while they were apart

Has turned into joy once more in each heart

They embrace with a love that will last forever

And then side by side they cross over together

Just this side of Heaven, is a place called Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Awww they're lovely CitizenB :)

Here's one I've always loved, by Rudyard Kipling, a real tear jerker:

The Power of the Dog

There is sorrow enough in the natural way

From men and women to fill our day;

And when we are certain of sorrow in store,

Why do we always arrange for more?

Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware

Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy

Love unflinching that cannot lie--

Perfect passion and worship fed

By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.

Nevertheless it is hardly fair

To risk your heart to a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits

Are closing in asthma, or tumour or fits,

And the vet's unspoken prescription runs

To lethal chambers or loaded guns,

Then you will find--it's your own affair--

But...you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,

With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!)

When the spirit that answered your every mood

Is gone--wherever it goes--for good,

You will discover how much you care,

And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,

When it comes to burying Christian clay.

Our loves are not given, but only lent,

At compound interest of cent per cent.

Though it is not always the case, I believe,

That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:

For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,

A short-term loan is as bad as a long--

So why in Heaven (before we are there)

Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Elsa x

Oh bloody hell. I might as well go and kill myself now. :-(

My beastie needed a few stitiches a while back and they put him to sleep and just watching him lolling around when the drugs kicked in was both the funniest thing and heartbreaking as it unavoidably made me realise that one day it would be for good... He's only 4 and I am already dreading it.

I made it nearly 25 years without a pet and was absolutely fine, and now we are completely enslaved to this one. :rolleyes: