• Tweets

• Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more Ccj on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the Ccj come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - so effectivly if I'd have not took out the iva I 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years so as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off.    My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as misold or something that way I. Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -    Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer    Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting    It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 account Lowel about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway    If I can somehow remove the iva from my creitt file I'd be happy   
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Pets Corner

Spamalot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:(We are very worried about our lovely dog,we have just been told by our vet that he has liver problems and blood sugar high. Though he is eating well seems to be loosing lots of weigh ,So we are vry worried about him,The vet does not seem to be able to do much for him except advise us to keep him on a specail diet of prescription vet food and he is not allowed any treats Luckily he does like the food the vet recommends for him,But is awful he can not have any treats and we are worried that he will waste away as i was hopeing the vet mugh give him some mecicine or insulin to help him get goodness out of food he eats,It seems though he is eating well he not managing to get any goodness out of food:(

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Our dog was really ill and she was diagnosed with Diabetes 5 weeks ago, she is now in insulin therapy, and doing great.

We asked about 'special diets' and was told not to bother,that to keep her on what ever she had been getting, but stick to a strick regime of breakfast and tea at the same times, as the insulin would control the blood sugar. She does get treats as you can get fat free and sugar free dog treats. Regular exercise is also a must for a diabetic dog.

I would seriously think about changing vets, as HBS can be controlled, and there is no reason for your dog to have a happy healthy life again.

Our dog is like a puppy again after starting her insulin, she has fairly come back to her old self again, I just wish I had the same amount of energy she has.

Hi Sunflower,

Sorry to hear about your dog. How old is he?

Trouble is the liver problems will be complicating matters, making it difficult for him to digest fat, so both that and the high BS can cause weight loss in their own right.

I'd definitely get a second opinion on management, even if it's a case of seeing a different vet in the practice, expressing concern that he is still losing weight on that diet, and ask if there is any other treatment or "safe" treats he have in addition to keep his weight stable.

Prescription vet food is very pricey!

Elsa x

• Haha 1

Hi undercover Else

Yes thats the trouble we have not got much money and had to wait till i got paid before we could take him In the old days we would have bunged vets fees on to our credit card!:eek:, but for obvious reason we can not do that now and both me and my Ohs credit rateing in shreds so no chance of getting a loan to pay vets fees now,Would you believe it a blood test the vets consultation and six tins of special liver support dog food came toi £95,Luckily my lovely mum agreed to sponser our dogs vet fees when we first got our dog so luckily she had just written us a cheque for £150 to pay in to cover the vets fees but we are quckly getting through it being charged £95 and feel awful about asking for some more already! i heard that milk thistle suplements are good for both dogs and humans who got liver problems so wondering if to try sonsome on him in conjunction with vets food?

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

He is about 5 years we think,I supppose that is middle age in dog years?He was taken to vet yesterday ,So i suppose the vet will tell us to see how he gets on in special diet.for a few days

Wow, I would seriously consider finding another vet, ask around the neighbourhood with those that have pets to see which one they use. Our Cordie had a General anaethestic, xrays, camera down throat and blood tests, a whole day at the vets, painkillers and antibiotics and I was only £118.

Just now Im £20 for her insulin which last 28 days and £13 for the syringes, and she has her blood sugar levels tested every 4 weeks which I am only £6.00 for a test.

Wow, I would seriously consider finding another vet, ask around the neighbourhood with those that have pets to see which one they use. Our Cordie had a General anaethestic, xrays, camera down throat and blood tests, a whole day at the vets, painkillers and antibiotics and I was only £118.

Just now Im £20 for her insulin which last 28 days and £13 for the syringes, and she has her blood sugar levels tested every 4 weeks which I am only £6.00 for a test.

Hi Mazbuck

Yours does sound a decent vets I i was horrified our vet just charging us all that for virtually just some basic blood tests ,As you say i would not have minded being charged that or even a bit more if the tests had included a bit more like yours did,I am seriousy wondering if it worth takeing our dog back to same vets but i do feel a bit out of depth knowing a vet i can trust and who will not rip us off,and feel awful having to ask for more money from my poor old mum sponsering his fees alreday as in our dire fiancial postion we will have to ask her again for help.I am also surprised that he not recommended any insulin or medication to help as well as it is difficult to belive a special diet will sort out all his medical problems on their own

That's not very old Sunflower, he's in his prime, bless him.

Hi Undercover Elsa

Yes he is not that old really to get these awful medical problems:(Also though i love our baby and will miss him the effect if anyithing happen to hm on my OH will be devastaitng As that dog is my husbands whole life especially as he is unable to work and spend long lonely day feeling very poorly and not feeling up to much he depends on him for companionship and comfort and worships him ,He will be broken hearted if he looses his little friend :(I think if it was a choice between our dog or me ! He would choose our dog,:eek:

Next time your out a walk with the pooch and meet other walkers from your area, just ask them which vet they use.

Im very surprised that you havent been asked to collect a urine sample either to back up the blood sugar sample. that is the usual for diabetes. It also causes the pooches to drink lots and pee lots as well.

Diet will not sort out any Blood sugar problems alone, you need medication along with it.

The food you get from the vet is very expensive and the vet is probably on a commission to sell as much as possible.

There is a post in the Pets & Vets tthread that someone has posted about presciption charges and it being a business which is very true.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/pets-vets/227326-prescription-charges.html

Hope you pooch starts to feel better soon.

• Haha 1

Next time your out a walk with the pooch and meet other walkers from your area, just ask them which vet they use.

Im very surprised that you havent been asked to collect a urine sample either to back up the blood sugar sample. that is the usual for diabetes. It also causes the pooches to drink lots and pee lots as well.

Diet will not sort out any Blood sugar problems alone, you need medication along with it.

The food you get from the vet is very expensive and the vet is probably on a commission to sell as much as possible.

There is a post in the Pets & Vets tthread that someone has posted about presciption charges and it being a business which is very true.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/pets-vets/227326-prescription-charges.html

Hope you pooch starts to feel better soon.

Hi Mazbck

Thanks for advice and link to thread,Will look at itt.Yes it will be awful if all my vet is doing is getting commission for the dog food he sells. Though i am thinking asbout looking online for cheaper deals so vet will not be selling that food to us much longer if we can find it cheaper elsewhere.I am also thinking about getting him some milk thistle supplements i saw on a uk pet site specilly formulated for dogs as milk thistle supposed to be very good both for dog and human liver problems,His blood suger problems i suppose are complicated by his liver,:(

Your vet isn't on commission for the food he sells - he's a retailer making profit. You must check and see if the food he has sold you actually requires a precription, very few do. What's more, very few vets are expert nutritionalists. They work on what they're told by the manufacturers.

While you are finding out what's wrong it makes sense to do exactly as your vet says. I wouldn't give any supplements for the moment as this could skew the results of any tests. Once you have an accurate diagnosis you can arm yourself with the knowledge to do the best by your dog - this may well be a different approach than buying expensive processed food from your vet :)

Your vet isn't on commission for the food he sells - he's a retailer making profit. You must check and see if the food he has sold you actually requires a precription, very few do. What's more, very few vets are expert nutritionalists. They work on what they're told by the manufacturers.

While you are finding out what's wrong it makes sense to do exactly as your vet says. I wouldn't give any supplements for the moment as this could skew the results of any tests. Once you have an accurate diagnosis you can arm yourself with the knowledge to do the best by your dog - this may well be a different approach than buying expensive processed food from your vet :)

Thanks for your input! as i say i suppose it best to stick to vets diet for a while and see if he improves

In the same way as if you have your eyes examined and get a prescription from the optician, you can buy glasses at ANY shop, once the vet has examined an animal and given a prescription, he must, if you request it, give you a written prescription. You can then get it made up where you wish, eg online pet medication suppliers. You don't have to get the medications from your vet (where they are often more expensive). However they may charge for issuing or reissuing paper prescriptions, so it's a case of weighing up the benefits.

Before all that CHECK that what the vet is recommending is actually a prescription only item. For example Frontline, Drontal, most supposed special diet foods are not. They are OTC (over the counter) items. In my vet you'd never know one from t'other as they just punch it into the computer in the consulting room and the products are waiting for you to collect at the front desk. They rely on the fact that most owners won't ask, won't think to question anything and will do as they're told because the vet says so. Don't blame your vet for this - they have to pay huge rates etc. and keep a business going. You wouldn't expect to walk into any other shop and be informed that a competitor was selling what you wanted cheaper. It's up to you to be vigilant as a consumer.

Has the vet told you what's wrong? He should have a reason for selling you the expensive food.

He just told me he has mainly got bad liver problems

For the special diet, google it and see what comes up. Vets prescribed special food from Hills for me which was prescription only - however the Royal Canin equivalent can be bought at Pet-Supermarket or Zooplus and is cheaper.

He just told me he has mainly got bad liver problems

Not good enough. As far as I'm aware there is no medical condition known as 'bad liver problems'. Phone and ask for a further explanation and if the vet feels the liver problems are indicative of an underlying condition. You've paid for those tests and you are entitled to a proper explanation of the results.

For the special diet, google it and see what comes up. Vets prescribed special food from Hills for me which was prescription only - however the Royal Canin equivalent can be bought at Pet-Supermarket or Zooplus and is cheaper.

Hi Jan4a

It is Royal Canin our vet is selling us.I have to admit i am not sure what we were charged for the six tins as the price was included in with his other vet fees, i should have asked but we were both reeling from shock that our por boy had bad liver problem and i was a bit dazed with shock and on auto pilot when i settled up,Still we will soon find out when i have to but some more,The receptioist was nice enough did give us a couple of free trial sachets of dried Royal Canin food for him to try ,We were so worrried that we could not give him any treats any more as the poor boy will not know why he is being denied his little treats he has during day,and wonder what he done wrong:(Thats the trouble as you can not explain to your pet why he is being denied his favourite treats like you can to a child,The receptionist said though that if we gave him the cans for his proper meals we could savethe dry food to give him as a treat so instead of a biscuit we give him a few pellets of dried food to him instead so at lest the poor boy feeels he is getting something,That was a good idea of receptionist and it does work as thank goodness he does love the food in both forms tinned and dry,

Not good enough. As far as I'm aware there is no medical condition known as 'bad liver problems'. Phone and ask for a further explanation and if the vet feels the liver problems are indicative of an underlying condition. You've paid for those tests and you are entitled to a proper explanation of the results.

Hi hightail

Yes it was all very vague:(,I was told to telephone for results and that was all he told us basicallyHe did not even want to speak to us when we called round surgery to pick up food and settle bill,My Oh was saying exactly the same as you that he should at least have the courtsey to speak to us properly about it and give us more of an explanation what was wrong:(Thinking about going to another vet but worried about springing another vet fee so soon on my poor old mum and stepdad who are paying his vets fees,as i am on a low income and my OH on incapcity benefit so we are in a bad fiancial way.Before we got our boy though though i badly wanted to get a little companion for my OH to help him cope with his long lonely days and depression of not being able to lead a normal life and work but i said i was worrieed that i could not cope with any vet bills should our pet get ill .My lovely parents were also worried about my OH and it was them that suggested i must get a dog to help my OH and that they would pay all his vet fees and must not let that worry stop me from getting ourselves a pet,So on that understanding we went to a pet rescue home and got ourselves a friend! but i still feel guilty about keep asking them for large sums of money for this vet who does not seem to be givng us a good service,:(

Hi Sunflower,

Poor lad. The vet sounds like the old school type. If he'd been a surgeon he'd have had a flurry of starched frilly nurses fluttering round him!

What symptoms was your lad having that took you to the vet?

Just the weight loss? Or was he vomiting/ extra thirsty/loose or pale, greasy motions? In pain? Any yellow in his eyes? Panting a lot?

I agree with the above, you need a definitive proper diagnosis for your money. Ask the question- what liver disease does he actually have? Is he actually diabetic? He's very young to be having these problems all of a sudden.

By the way, if you're on Housing or Council tax benefit you could get free treatment at your nearest PDSA. Check out The Blue Cross too.

Hugs

Elsa x