Triton Credit services chasing me, please help

shimmykimmy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Im desperately in need of advice,

I had a joint account with my ex which I thought had been closed but found out in April this year that it hasnt and its £2,140.00 over drawn! after a lot of letters and phone calls to RBS they have passed it over to a company called Triton Credit. I got my first letter from them last week and after reading the comments on this forum regarding the said TRITON, I was empowered. I phoned them and was told in no uncertain terms I was to pay the full amount. I put down the phone and taking advice from this site I sent them a letter telling them how much I could afford to pay and sent it by recorded delivery. Today I have recieved another letter which hasnt even acknowledged my letter saying that I have 72 hours to pay the full amount or their solicitors will commence attachment of earnings/wage arrestment proceedings and I will be liable for the court costs!

After initially feeling empowered im afraid they have me running scared again especially as they have typed in bold letters 'No further notices will be sent'.

I am a single woman on minimum wage, can they actually do this? Should I write back again stating how much I can afford? I dont want to phone them as they can be very intimidating and I did state on my letter that I wouldnt be communicating with them by phone. Please help, I only have 72 hours, or is this more scare tactics?

Stop right there, if this is a bank account and it is overdrawn have you checked out what it comprises of? - like unlawful bank charges.

Also stop calling these fools

Send a sar to the bank for all statements in the first instance and see what activity has been occuring on this JOINT Account

Hi SK

You've come to the right place and someone with the right knowledge will put you on the right tracks

I know it's not easy but try not to panic as many will tell you that a majority of mail that you will receive is all bullying tactics designed to scare you

The immediate thing is do not have any more dealings with them over the phone because it will give them a chance to have another go at you but in the long run phone calls are not worth much as it's your word against theirs so letters only

Go put the kettle on make a cuppa and sit tight till them that know arrive

Good luck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Thank you guys,

When I have asked RBS for statements (havent recieved one in nearly 2 years, funnily enough since I closed the account) they said that it would cost me over a £100, but thats another story.

Should I write back to Triton repeating what I wrote in my first letter?

SK:?

Thank you guys,

When I have asked RBS for statements (havent recieved one in nearly 2 years, funnily enough since I closed the account) they said that it would cost me over a £100, but thats another story.

I thought there was a flat fee of I think £10 for Banks to supply back statements even going back as far as 6yrs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

I found this on another site ... Member Advice on Money - Review - GET 6 YEARS BANK CHARGES BACK FREE MY ADVICE

SEND THE BELOW LETTER WITH YOUR DETAILS TO YOUR BANK RECORDED DELIVERY. ENCLOSE £10 CHEQUE TO COVER THE COST OF GETTING 6 YEARS BANK STATEMENTS.

[Your Address] [Date] [Your Bank Branch's Address] Data Protection Act disclosure request Dear Sir/Madam Regarding: [Your Account Number. Your Sort Code.]

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my bank account since October 2000. Alternatively a complete set of bank statements for that period will be acceptable. Additionally where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you. If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please confirm this in your response to this request. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me then I shall be reclaiming them and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA disclosure fee. Furthermore, I am sure you are now aware due to the number of these letters you receive plus the massive media attention, that every time you receive one of these letters it will be followed up by a request for a full refund of any disproportionate penalty charges, this will give you 14 days to do so before court action. Please note, if I have to take court action to reclaim these charges then I will do so. Therefore, to save yourselves some time and money, you can refund all these charges dating back 6 years immediately and you will not incur the court fees or your solicitor's fees. Yours faithfully,

[Your signature here] [Print your name here

Thanks to the original poster

You can find a Subject access Request template in the template library of this website, i personally would not use the above letter. As for statements you can actually go back as far as 1995 for reclaiming bank charges and not just six years, keep that in mind!!!

Send the SAR as soon as possible with a postal order for £10..

Best of luck Supa

Do not panic :)

The letter was more for confirming the cost involved for requesting the statements

I don't have the knowledge to answer your question SK but someone will

You're very welcome SK

Across the board many of our "Ex's" have a lot to answer/pay for :evil:

Tritron cannot arrest your wages - they have no power whatsoever. Only a court can order for an arrestment of wages and you are a long way from that. Send the SAR to the RBS - enclose a £10 Postal order and they have 40 days to reply. Then you can see what is overdraft and what is illegal charges. In the meantime you can tell Titron - by letter, don't speak to them on the phone again - that you are waiting for a reply to a SAR and you will have no further correspondence with them until you received a reply from RBS. Use the SAR on this site.

link to the cag sar

Subject Access Request - Consumer Wiki

as stated bt Pinky, costs £10 send recorded with a postal order, they have 40 days to comply, in the mean time write dont call triton, that until the sar is complied with you will NOT be dealing with them and that you will be looking to see if there have been charges applied to this account.

You also state it was a joint account, did you or the other person attempt toc close this account? while you were both named