can credit card firms take money from my wifes savings account

desigaand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No they can't. They only have a right of combination over accounts which are in the same name or where there is a joint account

they are sadly quite within their rights to clear a default balance [debt] by using the off setting banking rule. but only the DEBT not all the whole balance.

so they can do it from joint A/C's but they cannot [as i think you are asking] take money from your Mrs sep A/C [in her name alone] to pay a debt of yours [in your name alone]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Desigaand,

If she's not an additional card holder, you've got no worries they can't touch her account. But if she is.......

I had the same question, but being an additional card holder on OH credit card. I have posted below quote from my thread. I haven't managed to speak to anyone at FSA to confirm if they can or can't take money from a wife/husbands account, if they are an additional card holder on a credit card. Don't want to spook you but if the FOS are stating as below, who knows what the banks will or will not do:eek: One thing I do know is the credit card company in question are trying to claim that the credit card is a joint account:eek: which it certainly is not.

I called the FOS. I was shocked to hear the guy tell me that it's could be possible for this to happen. I asked how that could be as I don't have an agreement with them, never signed anything, he reckons that the banks can link you financially. He told me to seek further advise from the FSA. Called them and no-one is available to spk to me, they could arrange a call back but it might not be 'til thursday:eek:

So everyone take heed and as BRW has pointed out its so important to have a parachute account.

I will try and get the FSA's take on this and i'll be sure to let you know.

All the best

Joemay

it would have to be in the T&C for them to be able to do it surely?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...