Serfarce Fraud/ deception lets get them!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

· The following was copied from the Sherfarce website

Times and Hours

Enforcement of High Court Writs will not be undertaken on Sundays, on Bank Holidays, on Good Friday or on Christmas Day, unless the court specifically orders otherwise or in situations where legislation permits it

I wonder what the master will think of that?????

After being told that it was acceptable for a Bank holiday visit.

Edited by ohitsonlyme
removing hyper text

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Deception issues. I received a parking fine which I originally challenged but the Counsel state that they did not receive my letter. I then go to Australia on 4 occasions throughout 2009 and leave my house with friends. I have mail on my return but nothing from the Council regarding the parking fine. Last Monday, I receive a hand delivered letter on my doorstep from Philips bailiffs claiming £226.08. I contact them and the Council to obtain information about the debt and arrange a payment plan of 4 x £56.52.

Since then, I have considered the matter further and made further enquiries. Below is my letter to the bailiff's sent today:

For the attention of the Directors

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your Fees

I am told that for you to progress to the stage of charging £89.74 plus VAT in respect of an attendance with a van, you would first be required to send out two letters of formal demand, the 1st at a cost of £11.20 and the second at a cost of £28.00. Thereafter, if no satisfactory response is forthcoming, an attendance will follow with the appropriate charge being implimented.

I am told (by your firm) that all fees are first agreed with your client (in this case Rochdale Borough Council) and having spoken to the manager of Rohdale Borough Council's Parking Services (Kevin), he has confirmed the same and has also provided the information in the first paragraph of this email.

I can confirm that I did not even receive the first letter which I understand from kevin, was apparently sent out on 30/09/09 let alone your second letter which I am told was sent out on 14/10/09. I have reason to believe that the letters were not sent to me and on requesting a breakdown of your invoive, it appears that I now have evidence in support. Your breakdown is as follows:

29 Sept 09 Debt £110.00

30 Sept 09 Admin Fee £ 11.20

26 Oct 09 Visit £ 89.74

Can you please tell me where the fee in respect of the 2nd letter is @ £28.00 ?

I understand that letters are sometimes not recieved. The original offence was challenged by me as I did not believe that an offence had occured but the Council states that they had never received my letter. There is nothing that I can do about that and further enquiries have placed me in a position whereby I have had to accept that an offence did occur and that I am responsible for the subsequent penalty of £110.00.

I would be prepared to accept that a letter from yourselves was sent on 29 Sept 09 and was not received for reasons unknown but I do not accept the coincidence of a second letter also going astray. The lack of fee in respect of that 2nd letter causes me great concern. If a letter had been sent to me and I had responded positively (which I would have done), your fees would have been limited to £11.20 or £39.20 in the case of a second letter. Without a response (which you would not get if the letters were simply not actually sent) you could progress straight to the visit and charge a further £89.74. This is what I believe you have done.

As far as Im concerned, this is an attempt to obtain money from me by deception and as such I am going to report the matter to the police. There is a consumer forum that I will also address to see if similar issues have arisen with any other individuals/companies. A copy of this communication will also be sent to Rochdale Borough Council Parking Services for thier records.

I await your comments

Yours faithfully

Has anyone else experienced similar experiences?

hi folks,

what courts do masters operate from?

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Hi Gis paul It would be better to start you own thread on this matter so that things dont get confused

My issues are with a High court enforcement whereas yours would be County court bailiffs and althought there are similarities the procedures are totally different

Onlyme

Deception issues. I received a parking fine which I originally challenged but the Counsel state that they did not receive my letter. I then go to Australia on 4 occasions throughout 2009 and leave my house with friends. I have mail on my return but nothing from the Council regarding the parking fine. Last Monday, I receive a hand delivered letter on my doorstep from Philips bailiffs claiming £226.08. I contact them and the Council to obtain information about the debt and arrange a payment plan of 4 x £56.52.

Any body interested??

My defence has gone in and I have 6 seperate pieces of documentation showing a 2nd visit that didnt take place and each one either shows a differnt date or time or states that a 2nd visit didnt take place and I also have given evidence that shows the hceo has lied and that the bodger has mislead the master

I have also a strong case re the incorrect fees having been charged

Hi Mate

Just Hold on to that for a day or so.

please can you remind me who the creditor was.

Cheers

LFB

The defence had to go in but I am very clear about how to go on if you wanna ring me I can give you my moby no by PM

onlyme

For a forum that is so anti-Sherforce (Shergroup) it's strange that it promotes their services in the sticky threads!

"Got a judgment. how to get paid" sticky....

"over £600.00 Issue a Writ of Fi Fa through the S.L.C. (Sheriffs Lodgement Centre)."

The SLC is Sherforces transfer up department! Just thought you'd like to know.

For a forum that is so anti-Sherforce (Shergroup) it's strange that it promotes their services in the sticky threads!

"Got a judgment. how to get paid" sticky....

"over £600.00 Issue a Writ of Fi Fa through the S.L.C. (Sheriffs Lodgement Centre)."

The SLC is Sherforces transfer up department! Just thought you'd like to know.

NB I cant make out from your various threads what your aim is being on this site however I would like to point out that the site isnt anti sherforce nor any other bailiff or debt collector this is a self help site helping to fight injustice wether it be a creditor or debtor seeking help

Onlyme

WON!!!!!! But what a farce the law courts are!!!

£960 reduced to £544 plus costs of £300 awarded to me this really isn’t enough to justify the time and effort that’s gone into this

The master allowed £120 for the first visit (where was this got from???) £64 debtor services cost £160 financial management £100 costs drafts man (this wouldn’t have been needed if the sherfarce got their bills right in the first place ) and a small % of monies recovered

No justification or evidence was used or given to the master for any of the fees that were allowed and all of my costs were reduced to a minimum (9.25) because I didn’t have any evidence with me as to my charge out rate

What a joke the system is!!!

It is a shambles an utter bloody farce. The Levy fee was disallowed as it never took place and this now shows the potential of me going after them for fraud, but is it worth it??? I could ofcourse appeal but is it worth fighting the hand in glove system that the courts and hceos have contrived together

The Bodger brought his enforcement officer to court, there were that many holes in the paper work that they provided to me under the SAR that I didn’t need my CCTV evidence nor was the officer cross examined (so funny she sat there in silence all the way thro watching me take the p....s out of her boss.) I suppose it was worth it watching him squirm

The master wasnt interested in justice only in protecting the status quo and the people trying to rip me off

None of the fees charged have been justified in any way by the master nor sherfarce

Its a scandal but I will continue with the fight against them with the police and fire off a letter to the MOJ but I really don’t expect to get very far

Moral of the story is: don’t accept a word of what they put in writing, get your SAR and go thro it with a fine tooth comb there will be that many discrepancies that you should be able to beat em on that alone, and go asking the master to give strict proof of costs that relate to the miscellaneous fees that are put forward, also

No levy means no fee and therefore fraud.

Look it up in the fraud act of 2006

Ohitsonlyme

Edited by ohitsonlyme
additional info

truly unbelieivable mate, well done for getting so far though.... but this is the true picture of the state of the British society isn't it? People think the Uk is advanced and a civil society but like ive always said its the same as Iraq under saddam but with less guns, and a different kind of torture.

Corruption and scandal rule unfortuantely, hence why so many are emigrating.

A very sad affair...

db

WELL DONE and thank you for showing yet again these people cannot have it ALL their own way. If only everyone was aware they can find help to fight back here in cag, then all the dedication by the likes of LFB and DANBOY to name but a few to fight for true justice on behalf of everyone would make headlines on a daily basis. It is merely my humble opinion but Sherforce appear to have become resident at the High Court due to the amount of Interpleaders they have to submit to protect their HCEO'S and agents.This is a very costly exercise and due to their own failings to recognise honesty would present dividends they have to try again and again to slip in their illegal charges for work they havn't carried out secure in the knowledge they will find some poor sole who hasn't a clue they can fight back and thereby off set the monies they keep losing through the Interpleaders.

Well done again IOME have a bottle of wine to celebrate your attack and reflect on what you can do next to fight on in battle.

wd

Right!!!!

I am not happy with myself nor the result at the high court.

The master had no evidence or basis for allowing the charges that were allowed and I now want to complain or appeal and dont know the procedure.

Any ideas guys??? all answers welcome

onlyme

Right!!!!

I am not happy with myself nor the result at the high court.

The master had no evidence or basis for allowing the charges that were allowed and I now want to complain or appeal and dont know the procedure.

Any ideas guys??? all answers welcome

onlyme

You should get a brief summary of proceedings first usually compiled Mr Badger. 9 times out of ten he will protect the actions of the HCEO and their agent.

I imagine you would then have to apply for a transcription of events, no idea of costs or time taken. Then no doubt it will be Set Aside time but imagine you need concrete details for this to succeed this time.

These are my thoughts as I honestly don't know.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sorry it didn't work out fully. You could contact the Master and ask them about an appeal, saying that you do not understand how they arrived at the amounts they did

Going for a transcript would take at least 14 days and I would imagine you would need to appeal within 7-14 days, so there isn't time for that. A transcript has to be professionally done and would cost about £150

I would try contacting the Master's secretary first and saying you don't really understand how those numbers were arrived at and how would you go about appealing. It won't do any harm to ask

It will have cost Sherforce more than £300 to atend and, as Wonkeydonkey says, the more times they are properly challenged, the better. Ultimately, however, a Judge or Master makes the final decision and consistency is not always apparent!

Keep the faith!

I also have had dealings with this company, it was rent arrears which went to court and the district judge just said make an offer of something. I did not pay because the deposit of £650 for the property was not taklen off the arrears. I was holding back to find out what had been done with the deposit. No answers from anyone, so I left it in the beliefe that the Landlord owed me money and I owed him money and until this was sorted out I did not pay one penny. 3 weeks ago Sherface came round to collect my belongings, my partner told them I did not have anything at the address they could take and the amount they was trying to collect was totally wrong. They went away. They have added over £1000 to my rent arrears. I have written to the court and told them of this and hopefully they will reply to me. I also have written to the LL to find out where and what he done with the deposit. I personally think I have good grounds to take either the baliffs back to court for misconseption or the landlord for not informing me of the desposit. Any points of view would be greatly appreciated. Where does this company Sherface justify their charges this is totally daylight robbery on innocent people. What do I do first??

Kind Regards,

Mashmallow

I also have had dealings with this company, it was rent arrears which went to court and the district judge just said make an offer of something. I did not pay because the deposit of £650 for the property was not taklen off the arrears. I was holding back to find out what had been done with the deposit. No answers from anyone, so I left it in the beliefe that the Landlord owed me money and I owed him money and until this was sorted out I did not pay one penny. 3 weeks ago Sherface came round to collect my belongings, my partner told them I did not have anything at the address they could take and the amount they was trying to collect was totally wrong. They went away. They have added over £1000 to my rent arrears. I have written to the court and told them of this and hopefully they will reply to me. I also have written to the LL to find out where and what he done with the deposit. I personally think I have good grounds to take either the baliffs back to court for misconseption or the landlord for not informing me of the desposit. Any points of view would be greatly appreciated. Where does this company Sherface justify their charges this is totally daylight robbery on innocent people. What do I do first??

Kind Regards,

Mashmallow

What have they shown you for the charges have you got a break down of the £1000 that they have added on, I am keen to get these frauds to the police, I had my costs allowed at the high court because I told the master (judge) that they had shown a levy whcih they hadnt actually carried out and this is fraud!!!

The master didnt have a leg to stand on over it !!!

Can you type out a breakdown of the fees they are adding and tell us what they have done so far ie how many visits?, did they gain entry have they levied on you car or any furniture etc.I am very keen to sort them out and will help as much as I can, I now have the experince to help you

If this £650 been be deducted from the arrears what balance would be out standing?

I ask this to find out if sherforce are acting through the High Court or with use of their "hobby DCA" as advertised on their website to collect money below the HC threshold. which of course should have charges well below those they use for High Court collection and also they do not have the same powers as they would if they were collecting for the High Court

wd

Thank you so much to you guys, I though this was a fix at first but was not sure of what to believe, the £650 has not been taken off the bill and I have not got a breakdown off these guys as yet, they have only come round once to collect my goods but my partner told them there was nothing in my name and said that the amount they are claiming for is wrong. He went away and said he would make a note of that. I telephoned them yesterday and I asked tyhe guy what is the £900 for he could not answer and just said a letter is in the post. I told him that they were robbers and it wouldnt cost £900 to go to America and back and they was going to be knocked by me, he them said its the high court ruling and I said you will be in high court soon, get stuffed and put the phone down. I am not pasying anything to them, they are [problematic] and I am waiting for the Landlord to reply to me on what he has done with my deposit. It's strange they have all the info court case no etc., thats why I panicked. I have written to romford county court about this and am waiting for their reply. I would be very grateful if you keep in touch I will assist you also in whatever you do. for a bill off £1075 which I wass prepared to pay has not got to £2800. This has really shocked me. I want to take legal action but cannot afford it, If they come to my door again I will spit on them or maybe hit them with a saucepan.

Love

Mashmallow

WON!!!!!! But what a farce the law courts are!!!

£960 reduced to £544 plus costs of £300 awarded to me this really isn’t enough to justify the time and effort that’s gone into this

The master allowed £120 for the first visit (where was this got from???) £64 debtor services cost £160 financial management £100 costs drafts man (this wouldn’t have been needed if the sherfarce got their bills right in the first place ) and a small % of monies recovered

No justification or evidence was used or given to the master for any of the fees that were allowed and all of my costs were reduced to a minimum (9.25) because I didn’t have any evidence with me as to my charge out rate

What a joke the system is!!!

It is a shambles an utter bloody farce. The Levy fee was disallowed as it never took place and this now shows the potential of me going after them for fraud, but is it worth it??? I could ofcourse appeal but is it worth fighting the hand in glove system that the courts and hceos have contrived together

The Bodger brought his enforcement officer to court, there were that many holes in the paper work that they provided to me under the SAR that I didn’t need my CCTV evidence nor was the officer cross examined (so funny she sat there in silence all the way thro watching me take the p....s out of her boss.) I suppose it was worth it watching him squirm

The master wasnt interested in justice only in protecting the status quo and the people trying to rip me off

None of the fees charged have been justified in any way by the master nor sherfarce

Its a scandal but I will continue with the fight against them with the police and fire off a letter to the MOJ but I really don’t expect to get very far

Moral of the story is: don’t accept a word of what they put in writing, get your SAR and go thro it with a fine tooth comb there will be that many discrepancies that you should be able to beat em on that alone, and go asking the master to give strict proof of costs that relate to the miscellaneous fees that are put forward, also

No levy means no fee and therefore fraud.

Look it up in the fraud act of 2006

Ohitsonlyme

You have confirmed details of the fees that the Master has ALLOWED. What charges did he disallow?

You have confirmed details of the fees that the Master has ALLOWED. What charges did he disallow?

1/case management fee £175 disallowed

2/debtor service admin fee £64 allowed

3field officers 1st vist fee reduced from £175 to £120

4/second visit(£175) disallowed no visit took place

5/financial management fee allowed £160 (they took 2 telephone calls from me in 10 days and I paid in full!!

6/preparing bill of costs £31.60 allowed

7/costs drafts man fee £69.60 allowed (this wouldnt have been needed if it hadnt gone to interpleader!!!)

8/Interest on amount recovered correct amount allowed

I have written to the master asking for a review before I go to Appeal which I am seriously considerring

The local Police HQ are now looking into fraud I have a meeting nextweek with a DI in the economic crime unit

ohitsonlyme

When yoyu see the DI, bear the following facts to mind. Print this post and take it with you.

Your point 4.

On 20 April 2007, Lord Lucas in the House of Lords asked HM Government (inter-alia) "whether it would be right for the police to claim that such an action is a civil and not a criminal matter"? Baroness Scotland of Asthal, The Minister of State, Home Office replied: (inter-alia) "A bailiff or any other person who dishonestly charges for work that has not been done will be committing an offence under the Fraud Act 2006".

The DI will go a long way to try and persuade you to drop the investigation. He will use any of the following excuses.

1. Its a civil matter - Reply: Officially its an offence under the Fraud Act 2006.

2. Police dont have the resources to investigate crimes such as this. Your reply: refer him to police road blocks ambushing motorists using ray guns etc - they always find the time and resources for that.

3. Its not conducive to public good to charge a bailiff. Reply: The law is not discretionary, otherwise its not conducive to public good to make a person a criminal for failing to close the lid on his wheelie bin.

4. The crime does not fit the criteria to be considered for prosecution by the CPS. Reply - what criteria is that? - Use the wheelie bin & sweet wrapper convictions as examples.

Unless charged, your next step is the IPCC and make a complaint of Perverting the Course of Justice.

If the IPCC does not cooperate, I'm afraid you have reached a dead end. If you still dont have a charge then it can only be down to police corruption.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu