ECN. Do I have grounds to take it to court?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received an ECN for parking in a restricted bay but I feel that the sign is incredibly misleading. I requested the traffic order for the bay from the council and there is a discrepancy in regard to the restrictions for disabled drivers on the sign and in the order. Now, I am not disabled and am in no way claiming to be but can anyone tell me whether a discrepancy in one area leads to the entire order being invalid? Is it worth me taking it to magistrates court on the grounds of unclear and misleading signage and invalid traffic order or am I likely to get laughed out of court?

Any help gratefully received,

James

Hi.

ECNs are not my strong point but in principle I think a difference between the traffic order and the sign does not invalidate the traffic order - but it may invalidate the bay, which is to say the charge may be unenforceable.

It would help if you would post some more info - how is it different? What does the sign say, and what does the traffic order say?

The sign says that disabled drivers are not exempt from the charges but the traffic order states that they do not have to pay. There was just this one sign for 4 bays in a row. Would it only invalidate the bay if I was a disabled driver?

Cheers

The sign says that disabled drivers are not exempt from the charges but the traffic order states that they do not have to pay. There was just this one sign for 4 bays in a row. Would it only invalidate the bay if I was a disabled driver?

Cheers

Yes if the bit that applies to you is correct then the disabled bit applies to disabled drivers.