Subject Access Request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is the one used for Bank Charges, just edit it..............

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

Short and sweet should do the trick.

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

He was sacked for internet usage, basically he's a maintenance engineer doing night shifts and whilst quiet he's been surfing. He acknowledges this and says that's fair enough but a fellow worker who was up for the same thing has been let off due to a clerical error.

All the evidence was put in a pack for him to receive a couple of weeks ago and a disciplinary hearing scheduled soon after.

Another guy was targeted and attended his disciplinary hearing, where he was accused of gross misconduct, the union guy pointed out that the letter he got to summons him to the hearing only mentioned disciplinary.

His hearing went ahead and he got a 6 month written warning, as my mate was off work the day of the hearing they recalled his pack, re-wrote it and included the words gross misconduct in the amended letter.

Consequently he was sacked whereas the other guy who had a similar raft of IT evidence against him got away with the warning.

Is there anything in his contract or the Company handbook regarding internet usage,or are there any notices posted to this effect?

If what your mate did was the same as the person who received a written warning then then they shouldn't have dismissed him by simply changing their description of the seriousness of the charge to Gross Misconduct.

Employers should be consistent in their Disciplinary actions.

Is he going to appeal the decision?

I think that the lack of consistency angle would be the way to go here.

Is there anything in his contract or the Company handbook regarding internet usage,or are there any notices posted to this effect?

If what your mate did was the same as the person who received a written warning then then they shouldn't have dismissed him by simply changing their description of the seriousness of the charge to Gross Misconduct.

Employers should be consistent in their Disciplinary actions.

Is he going to appeal the decision?

I think that the lack of consistency angle would be the way to go here.

I think that's the angle he's going for, he knows he was in the wrong with the internet usage his gripe is that he's been treated differently to the other guy.

He did sign an internet usage policy when he first started but the company no longer have his signed copy.

His other gripe is that he can't see why his usage of the internet(although not allowed) is no different to the guys on nights that read the paper/books or take a nap. The only difference being that book reading isn't as easily monitored as internet usage.