Buchanan Clark & Wells

simples33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This lot are really annoying me.:mad:

They persist in making phone calls & sending out their threatograms when they been ordered not to by myself.

I have threatened them with just about everyone inc: the police,trading standards & OFT.

I refuse to answer their security questions when they ring so no worries there.

They should be under no illusions as to who they are dealing with as i know my legal/human rights in this country so be warned BCW :mad:

But i am so close to declaring all out war on this lot now.

Anyone else had experience of this lot?

I have they used to phone me constantly. I used to just hang up immediately without saying or word or say "hold the line please" and then proceed to do my worst Whitney/Celine/Mariah impersonation down the phone until they hung up (usually muttering some obscenity as they did - which made it even better cuz then you know you really p***ed them off).lol

Good old BCW, the chased me for 3 years for a debt which I paid off £5 per month, they wanted more, I said no, they threatened, I laughed at them and surprisingly they went away in the end.

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

A good tactic I used was when I answered the phone to a dca was to say "hello city mortuary"

Yeah "you stab em and we'll slab em" :D

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

This lot are really annoying me.:mad:I have threatened them with just about everyone inc: the police,trading standards & OFT.

Well, they will continue to harass you, because like them all you do is 'threaten them' with what you 'might' or 'could' do.

Instead what you should be telling them is that you 'have' reported them to the Police for their repeated offences under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, the Malicious Communications Act 1988 and the Telecommunications Act 1984.

The OFT have also been informed.The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

As have Ofcom

Once you have reported them to your local Police (not 999) and they have rang them up, you won't hear another peep out of them.

By the way have you sent BCW the telephone harassment letter? If so take a copy of it along with proof of delivery along with you to the Police Station, I guarantee they take a very dim view of harassment!

Boo:wink:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well, they will continue to harass you, because like them all you do is 'threaten them' with what you 'might' or 'could' do.

Instead what you should be telling them is that you 'have' reported them to the Police for their repeated offences under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, the Malicious Communications Act 1988 and the Telecommunications Act 1984.

The OFT have also been informed.The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

As have Ofcom

Once you have reported them to your local Police (not 999) and they have rang them up, you won't hear another peep out of them.

By the way have you sent BCW the telephone harassment letter? If so take a copy of it along with proof of delivery along with you to the Police Station, I guarantee they take a very dim view of harassment!

Boo:wink:

Well Said Boo

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• 2 weeks later...

My missus is getting letter from this lot, saying they have no alternative but to send someone out.

Im not sure what the debt is for but she doesnt want to speak to them at all.

i take it these are noting to do with council tax debts etc so have no right to send anybody out to the house?

My missus is getting letter from this lot, saying they have no alternative but to send someone out.

Im not sure what the debt is for but she doesnt want to speak to them at all.

i take it these are noting to do with council tax debts etc so have no right to send anybody out to the house?

Hi There

Firstly calm down and make your missus a cuppa, what does the letter acctually say? have you no idea what it is for? have you had letters before this recent one? and have you ignored any comms from them?

Dont call them, as it is best to keep everything in writing, can you answer the questions above please, and we will make some way forward for you and your missus.

Mr W

Firstly calm down and make your missus a cuppa, what does the letter acctually say? have you no idea what it is for? have you had letters before this recent one? and have you ignored any comms from them?

I have no idea what they are for nor does she but its no doubt something she owes.

She has had previous letter from them which have all been ignored.

Letter states in summary...

Account with Aktiv Kapital for £427.76 remain outstanding, consequence of failure to contact us and agree a resolution to this matter, we must advise that no other option but personal visitation by a debt investigation officer to your home in order to discuss and agree repayment of debt.

If address details are incorrect or if there is a good time for our officer to call, give us a call immediately on ...........

thats it in summary...

I have no idea what they are for nor does she but its no doubt something she owes.

She has had previous letter from them which have all been ignored.

Letter states in summary...

Account with Aktiv Kapital for £427.76 remain outstanding, consequence of failure to contact us and agree a resolution to this matter, we must advise that no other option but personal visitation by a debt investigation officer to your home in order to discuss and agree repayment of debt.

If address details are incorrect or if there is a good time for our officer to call, give us a call immediately on ...........

thats it in summary...

OKAY

So you are aware of a debt? if so have you the details? how old is the debt? give as much info as you can and if I cant help you then somebody will be along soon that can. as there are many ways in which to deal with this.

Mr W

Possible it could be an unpaid store card as the debt letter mentions GE Capital Global Consumer Finance Ltd as the creditor

Hi

Try and spend a little time trawling through previous posts and that will put you in the right direction as to what your best 'plan of attack is'.

However if I was you I would write to the company denying any knowledge of the debt and issue them with a section 74, see leter templates.

if it's bcw ad you thinking around the 6 year mark then probarbly is statute barred.

send them:

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to, FOS, OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)