Welcome Car

louisd77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been asked to go to see a Welcome representative to discuss a missed payment. I can no longer afford the monthly payments on the car & have asked welcome to reduce them. I have made 18 payments so far & have 30 left.

They have asked me to prove why I can no longer pay the full amount. Should I sign another contract? What rights do I have?

Thanks,

Louis

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know much about these car agreements. Only what I read on this forum. Do not sign a new agreement though thats for sure because it certainly wont make you any better off with Welcome Finance and only they will get something out of it. From what I understand if you have paid a third you can give the car back..Postggj will be along at some stage soon and am sure he will advise. Dont panic into a new agreement though please !!!

Hi,

There is no default notice, probably because I initially wrote to them explaining that I could not continue to pay the full amount. So they are asking me to go into their local office to re-negotiate the deal, hopefully for lower payments. I am unsure about signing a new contract though. Would I have to sign it there & then or do I have the right to take it home & take a better look?

I cancelled the PPI after the first two days.

Thanks,

Louis

• 2 weeks later...

Visited Welcome today, there office is next door to the FOS, which I thought was ironic.

They will reduce payments from £221 a month to £96 but this is now based over 10 years. I only owe £6500 though so this seems a little high.

Need to make a decision by Monday because they can only allow 2 people in a set period to reduce payments, so it's a first come, first served basis.

Louis

whatever you do do not sign a new agreement with them your current agreement is more than likely to have enough holes in it to render it unenforceable, and if you sign a new agreement now they will make sure the new agreement is bulletproof and your £6,500 will spiral out of all recognition on a ten year plan, these people are only willing to re new your agreement because your current agreement is not worth the paper it is written on or they have lost it, please wait and get more advice from this site dont let them pressure you into signing or you will regret it for years and years to come, this company is about to fall off the map and are desperate to get cash in by any means they can so again dont trust them, dont speak to them on the phone or in person only by letter and for the sake of your future Please do not sign a new agreement

regards

jdene

I'll second that jdene. Louisd77 - Do not sign a new agreement!

Take a look at your agreement, it will state the 1/3 figure. Once you hit that they can not repo without a court order. You must hit 1/2 before you can VT.

In the meantime, you must send a CCA request to compliance at Nottingham, £1 postal order, recorded delivery, do not sign it. Once you get that you will be in a better position to move forward.

The bit about 2 rewrites per period is a lie. Absolute barefaced lie. They want to create a new, tighter, agreement, far more interest, more fees etc. They are not trying to help you, they are trying to help themselves.

Step 1 - CCA

Step 2 - see step 1 !

I'll give postggj a shout and see if he can pop by.

T2

hi all

been asked to drop inn

tell me

you said you cancelled the ppi after 2 days, did you sign a new afreement

did your repayments go down

did welcome acknowledge by a letter about the ppi being cancelled

send welcome a cca request to begin with

on monday phone these people

Direct Group - Where Insurance and Innovation Combine - Home Page

ask them if you have any active insurance products with them

keep it simple

if you have say ok and get back to me asap

DO NOT SIGN A NEW AGREEMENT UNTILL IVE GONE OVER EVERY THING WITH A FINE TOOTH COMB

IF WELCOME WANT YOU TO SIGN A NEW AGREEMENT

ASK YOUR SELF WHY

I have a appointment with Welcome tomorrow. I don't want to sjign another contract, especially one which is going to cost me £11520 for a car which is probably worth £3000. Plus I have already paid £3757. There is now pressure on me to sign & not miss the appointment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Louis