Copies of statements?

flower_chops
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hve only just started looking into this and am a little confused on which way is better to get the correct charge amounts. I have reently been sent copies of my last 6 years statements by HSBC as I wanted to have a flick through them to add up the charges (around £600). However, after reading some people's cases should I have done the Data Protection thing first? This account has not been defaulted on. I could obviously still do this but would someone please advise me on whether I should do the Data Act thing or whether my duplicate statements I received will be enough?

Thank you from a grateful newbie!

HSBC claim £1000

22/08/06 prelim letter sent recorded delivery

24/08/06 prelim letter received

Nothing heard so...

07/09/06 LBA sent recorded delivery

08/09/06 LBA received

14/09/06 partial offer (£850) made

14/09/06 letter sent saying would accept as partial payment only (recorded)

19/09/06 full offer made - writing back to say will accept cheque only

Thank you Michael Browne :)

I will look to moving onto the next step then...

HSBC claim £1000

22/08/06 prelim letter sent recorded delivery

24/08/06 prelim letter received

Nothing heard so...

07/09/06 LBA sent recorded delivery

08/09/06 LBA received

14/09/06 partial offer (£850) made

14/09/06 letter sent saying would accept as partial payment only (recorded)

19/09/06 full offer made - writing back to say will accept cheque only

• 1 year later...

Hi -

It sounds like we have a similar problem. How did you get HSBC to send you copies of your old statements? I am trying to get GE Capital to send me my statements from 2002-2004. Since they sold my account to a debt collector, they are telling me that I need to contact them to get this information. See my posting from GESucks.

-Thanks.

GESucks

GESucks, in order to obtain any information that a bank/building society/credit card company you send a SAR. This you can locate in the bank templates library, but just for ease I will post the link below:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Once you send this the company then has 40 days in which to comply. (Don't forget to send the £10 fee with the letter)

Also any letter you send must be sent recorded delivery this way you can check via the website whether it has been delivered and also it is proof that you have sent them the letter.

Personally I would have thought that GE would still have copies of all of your statements. Did you send a SAR?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

flower_chops has the statements. I have directed GEsucks to the relevant forum and hopefully he/she will be able to get the info he/she needs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D