allied international

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I sent the letter saying that this was a unlawful agreement to Freds, they have written back saying that Nat West have advised them that that all documentation regarding the CCA has already been sent to me so they have fully complied and if i'm still disputing i should contact them directly. Do I send the same sort of letter saying that it should have been 2 seperate agreements for the loan and the PPI? Not really sure where I go with this now so any help gratefully received. Thanks:roll:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't let banks and DCAs muck me about. It is with a DCA when it suits them then when it is challenged it is referred back to Natwest. They don't pull the strings, you do. Frederickson is dealing with it so they get the reply. Write back to them and tell them that as you have given them your reply, it is their responsibility to inform Natwest the agreement is unenforceable and in dispute, not yours. I doubt if you will hear from Frederickson again. Next stop Moorcroft - and they usually give up!:-D

Invalid Default Notices

Hi pinky 69 sorry to go off topic here , but can you tell us what was the outcome of your thread invalid default notices?????

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

All 3 cases are currently with the ICO - and they are taking forever, which I see as a positive sign, not having been knocked back as a matter of course. In all 3 cases the ICO asked for loads of additional information. My thread has been taken over for the moment but as soon as I have updates I will post them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, Update. Last week received a letter from Fredricksons, it was the same as the first letter just saying this debt will not go away, contact us now. Today I've received a letter from Bryan Carter & CO Solicitors saying that full payment must be made within 14 days or they will recommend to their client Nasty West that proceedings be issued without further notice including court fees and solicitor costs of £290. It says that if I dispute this debt, state my reasons in wrining and supply them with documents to support the defence of my claim. I have googled the firm and found that they seem to have some sort of relationship with Freds (surprise!!) but am at a loss as to where I go from here, any ideas? Please help, am getting very worried again

Report them to Trading Standards and the OFT for persuing a disputed alleged debt.

Normally I would recommend ignoring the DCA after reporting them,, but you have to watch Carter, he likes to try it on in court. So the best thing might be to send the "bemused" letter:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

No - I was never going to take CRAs to court? I am going to take a 2 banks to court if they do not remove defaults but at the moment it is with the ICO and it could take up to 6 months for their reply.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, thought I would give an update. Wrote to Freds about them passing it on to Carters and they wrote back saying that they were awaiting instructions from Nat West on what to do after passing my letter on to them. Wrote bemused letter to Carters, sent it twice, once ordinary post and once signed for but got no letters back from them - however- got reply from Freds on both occasions saying that they were waiting for Nat West. Odd. Maybe they were short of paper and borrowed that peice from Carters? Had letter from Nat West asking me to send £10 for the paper work if I'm disputing the debt but have already got them, thats why I think its disputed. They also said that the account number was wrong on the letter but thats because the letter was sent to freds who passed it on to them and so I'd only put freds reference number on it. Nat West say I should tell them why I dispute the debt but I thought I'd made it clear so I don't know whether to write to them or just wait now. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, just a quick update. Having not heard anything from Fredricksons or Nat West for quite some time, I was thinking they would just leave me alone ( Very naive I know, but I was hoping!! ) Anyway, got a phone call at 8.28 this morning from Westcot Credit Services, I did not speak to them as they hung up before I got to them and I dialled 1471 and rang back and heard their name and hung up. When I googled them its looking like my debt has been passed on again but not sure yet until I speak to them or they write to me. I thought that if I said it was in dispute then Nat West or freds were not supposed to pass it on, is this right? Seems to me they just keep playing pass the parcel with it, it makes no sense. Thanks :-?

They prefer to bully you by phone but they will write. Then you can send them the Account in Dispute letter to their complaints department and add that you are sending a complaint about them to the OFT for pursuing an alleged debt in dispute, which is a breach of OFT guidelines. After that you can completely ignore them.

Yes it does go the rounds before it disappears but there is nothing they can do so enjoy them throwing away their money trying to collect the uncollectable.:D

Hi HH,

As Pinky says, they all ignore the guidelines about passing on an alleged debt, and of course when they pass it on to a new one they don't pass on the related correspondence so the latest idiots start calling and sending letters really believing that they are going to get paid as soon as they make contact.

The good news is that Wescot are usually seen off quite easily. :D

• 1 month later...

Hi, have an update . Have just received a letter from Wescot after writing to them telling them that the account is in dispute. They say that they have contacted Nasty West and NW say that they complied with my request for CCA (which they did, but they did not send me a signed copy of agreement, just a generic copy.) NW say that they do not consider this account to be in dispute and requested Wescot to continue collection. Wescot say that they now consider the dispute resolved and the full balance or monthly repayments be forthcoming. Am after ideas of what to do now as cannot afford to pay this unless they agree to very small instalments, which I can't imagine them agreeing too. Please help :(:confused:

Has anyone else had a look at what they sent regarding the CCA?

As BB says. it's not for them to agree or disagree as to what you pay them, it's for you to decide, if they don't like it, tough cheddar.

Personally I would just pay them a £ a month, let them work for it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The "agreement" is unenforceable - just one signature box in a multi agreement and no signature. NatWest at their best. You can pay them £1 a month or pay them zilch - there is nothing they can do about it. Personally I would pay them zilch and let it run until it is Statute Barred. Eventually they will all disappear.

I would agree with Pinky. For as long as you pay them £1 a month you are lengthening the time before it becomes statute barred. Without a signed agreement there isn't a lot they can do. Write back to Wescot and say it certainly is in dispute as they have not sent you a copy of the alleged signed credit agreement.

• 7 months later...

Hi Everyone, It's been a while since I last posted but have been waiting and waiting in case I heard anymore from Westct. I wrote and told them that I definately thought that the account was in dispute no matter what Nat West said because no signed agreement had been sent to me. Westcot said that they would get back to nat west and let me know the outcome. They have never got back to me, nor have i heard anything from nat west. Its been seven months now and have not heard anything (Bliss !) I'm hoping I've heard the last of them but thanks to this forum I feel better able to deal with these things. I only wish i'd found you all sooner, it would have saved me an awful lot of stress. Thank you all for your help over this . You've been brilliant.:-D