Mackenzie Hall - have i done the right thing?

Anedar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was contacted by Mackenie Hall on behalf of 1st Credit. They were asking me to pay off £1600 of a £2200 overdraft that has been in default for the last few years. I'm in no position to do this but have had an offer from a colleague that would enable me to make a full and final settlement offer.

I sent it off today, offering around 40% to all my creditors.

Was this the right thing to do? i've since red that these guys are not to be trusted and deal with debts that aren't theirs or they have no right to be chasing.

Any advice from anyone that has had dealings with this company would be greatly appreciated.

:confused::confused:

Hi, Anedar.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Wrong thread Sorry!:confused:

Edited by Bazooka Boo
Posted on wrong thread! Sorry!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

A CCA is no use for an overdraft, however you could send a SAR to determine what unfair charges have been added to the a/c which you can reclaim, thus reducing the debt. http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca This would need to be sent to the original creditor.

If you can make a F&F settlement offer to all of your creditors, then yes but 70% of them have to agree to the F&F offer or you should not do it, not even if ONE says yes and the others say no, do not agree. Have a read of this...

The Law – ‘Full and final settlement’ - Voltimum UK - Electrical Installation Products and Contracting

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The last time I had any correspondence about the debt with Mackenzie Hall was about two years ago so I don't think it's statued barred.

I've made a full and final offer to two of my creditors. I am waiting for the third to supply me with a CCA. Is that ok? I didn't know that 70% of my creditors had to agree to it.

Well if two out of three of them agree then IMO they should accept, but wait and see if they send the CCA first..

If it's Mackenzie Hall that a CCA request has gone to, you'll have a long wait. I don't think that company actually asks the creditor to supply them - I do have this on pretty reliable authority.

Certainly I can't think of a single instance where they have supplied one.

If it's Mackenzie Hall that a CCA request has gone to, you'll have a long wait. I don't think that company actually asks the creditor to supply them - I do have this on pretty reliable authority.

Certainly I can't think of a single instance where they have supplied one.

Well that's an easy decision then, one less to leave off the F&F payment offer, now the others will be more likely to accept the offer if you divide Muck halls bit between them!:D

• 3 weeks later...

I've sent the full and final offer to both of my creditors and heard nothing back. Is it worth me calling them to check they received it. it was signed for. I only have a limited window of opportunity to get this money and am worried that it will close. Thanks so much for your help.

I only have a limited window of opportunity to get this money and am worried that it will close.

No don't ring them, did you make it clear that this is a limited offer and needs to be accepted or not?

If the offer expires then that is their loss! Should have been quicker to accept.

They will just have to make do with a £ a month:)

Funny enough Muck hall have been sending their threatogrammes to a family member in the hope I will contact them!:rolleyes:

So long as they still use the same PO Box (26184)

With Postcode KA1 9DP:confused:

Well that Debt certainly didn't take long to filter all the way down to them, especially when I know the amount of the debt! Would have thought the OC would have kept their mits on it for alot longer:p