cattles and welcome -good news?

highjinks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have they/havent they bancruptcy saga

Dont know if people know but came across this below - the link is CATTLES Share Price CTT CTT.L - Interactive Investor

Recent News Date/TimeHeadlineSource11-08-09UPDATE 1-Cattles says bondholder, bank dispute goes to court

AFX UK Focus

By Lorraine Turner

LONDON, Aug 11 (Reuters) - Troubled sub-prime lender Cattles will go to court to determine whether bondholders of Cattles Plc or bank lenders to its unit Welcome Finance have first call on its assets, the company said on Tuesday.

Cattles, which is saddled with 700 million pounds ($1.2 billion) of bad debts after accounting issues and poor impairment provisioning, is in talks with lenders to agree a formal standstill agreement after extending the maturity of the 500 million pound banking facilities until the end of the year.

The lender, whose shares are suspended, was hit by the credit crisis and its reliance on expensive wholesale funding. It closed its door to new customers in January in order to conserve cash.

Uncertainty around the repayment of loans and bonds has forced the company to seek clarity in the High Court, where technically Cattles is taking its subsidiary to court.

"This is a consensual legal process in which the court is being asked to resolve the previously described dispute between Cattles' banks and bondholders over debt repayments," a spokesman at Cattles said.

Bondholders are demanding immediate repayment of 400 million pounds of debt which had been due to mature in 2017.

Cattles said in July it would not make a bond interest payment.

The group said on Monday it had sold its unit Cattles Invoice Financing for 70 million pounds to private equity fund AnaCap Financial Partners in order to repay debt.

It said it remains in talks with its financial creditors.

(Editing by David Holmes) ($1 = 0.6059 pound) Keywords: CATTLES/ ([email protected]; +44 20 7542 9597; Reuters Messaging: [email protected])

If they couldn't afford the repayments, they shouldn't have borrowed the money!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and they HAVEN'T sold CIF yet. And won't at all, unless it's ratified at tomorrows GM. I'm hoping the shareholders vote NO!!!!

Cif Has Only Just Kept Its Head Above Water

The Only Part Of Cattles That Is

The Other Companies

Cl Finance

Welcome

Shop A Check

Lewis

These Have Only Kept Cattles Going By Some Creative Accounting

The Share Holders Have Allready Accepted They Have Lost Ther Money So No Love Lost There

Next Thing In The Next Few Weeks Will Be A Winding Up Order

So, my question is and the same for a lot of others I would imagine,

If they fold and wind up then what will happen to my 2 debts with them that are on Attachement of earnigns orders.

• Will they cease
  • Where will my pyments go,
  • Will I stop paying them

Etc, etc... Essentially, what happens to debts where a firm has gone bankrupt or stopped trading, etc?

Sew

It depends on how (and if) Cattles is broken up.

The most likely scenario is the debts will be treated as any other asset - ie. they will be sold to another company who will continue to take payments. The complication here is the depth of problems with the loans Welcome sold - mis-sold PPI, bad debts etc. But that is something that will be reflected in the price whoever takes over will pay. Another problem will be the incredible lack of paperwork they will be able to pass on to the new owner - essentially, if they can't pass over the executed agreement, statements and all relevant accounts it will extremely difficult for anyone to enforce the loan repayments.

I wonder if the announcement today regarding the loss of jobs has prompted a call from Welcome to me after about 4 months of no payments and no repsonse to my complaint - the caller was incredibly polite and I wonder if the employees are going to try and rein in some money from people to say to employer 'Look I am worth keeping, I got some money from someone' lol!

Welcome are not taking on any new business - BUT, they are phoning round existing customers offering "top up" loans:eek: one of my employees told me this today, if you look at their website the top up offer is on there!

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Welcome are not taking on any new business - BUT, they are phoning round existing customers offering "top up" loans:eek: one of my employees told me this today, if you look at their website the top up offer is on there!

In other words they will...

a: Screw even more money out of you , and

b: Will make damn sure the new agreement is watertight, AND is signed post April 2007, so you can't rely on S127(3) of the CCA should they have missed anything.

Or am I just being cynical? ;)

I had another call from the branch today - admitting that he shouldnt be calling me as I have a complaint outstanding and his call could be seen as harrassment - why call then!? He asked me to call head office to chase up my complaint - am I gonna...am I heck...will delay it as long as possible cos while they are pondering to themselves, he shouldnt be hassling me! They are a great bunch arent they!

Hi if you go to website below, then click on search company information (withour web check service right hand side of the screen) put in the company name ie. WELCOME FINANCE and put a tick in box for currently/recently dissolved names and search.... Welcome finance services limited is on there. I even checked the company number (which is at the bottom of any of your agreement letters " 0133540 ") and it is the same! i think they are on the way out..what do u think?

Companies House