What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

getting a letter from a company called Past due credit solutions asking if we had lived in Cambridgeshire ( last address) and when we moved in and moved out, how did they get my new address? only been here a month!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

getting a letter from a company called Past due credit solutions asking if we had lived in Cambridgeshire ( last address) and when we moved in and moved out, how did they get my new address? only been here a month!

Almost all utility companies plus sky/virgin, mobile phone and banks will update you credit file so it is easy for them to follow you. :-x

<<< If I have helped please click my star :-D

Get The Consumer Survival Handbook

If this is all they are asking I would ignore it. I'd keep it in case you hear from them again, but if they are only asking if you've lived in Cambs, I don't see what business it is of theirs!!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have been trawling around about these clowns and it appers that they buy old debts from Equifax etc. One person said they received a letter from "Direct Recovery Solutions (registered trading name of Complete Credit Management Limited)" . If that is true there is something fishy going on as http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/complete-credit-management/ says they were Dissolved on 16 Apr 2014!! Might be worth looking into. Every page I find about them says they are fishing and often go after people with similar names as well.

I have been trawling around about these clowns and it appers that they buy old debts from Equifax etc. One person said they received a letter from "Direct Recovery Solutions (registered trading name of Complete Credit Management Limited)" . If that is true there is something fishy going on as http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/complete-credit-management/ says they were Dissolved on 16 Apr 2014!! Might be worth looking into. Every page I find about them says they are fishing and often go after people with similar names as well.

Where does this come from " they buy debts from Equifax"?? It is a CRA not a DCA od debt purchaser!

Past Due is now the trading name of the successors to the dissolved company (s).

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Where does this come from " they buy debts from Equifax"?? It is a CRA not a DCA od debt purchaser!

Past Due is now the trading name of the successors to the dissolved company (s).

I must have misread I will see if I can find the page and correct my post

not replied to their letter, do I need to?

Until they say why they they want to know I would ignore it. If they write to you saying you owe xxx £xxx.xx then you can decided to reply and acknowledge or reject any debt.

well, not going to reply. First one they sent said it was to do with Sky, now got this one asking for confirmation of address ( last house ).

not replied to their letter, do I need to?

Absolutely not!! It's none of their business!!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Cars that dont indicate!

Blame the idiot behind the wheel the car is innocent!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: