What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm thinking of changing from Orange. Signal just gets worse and worse round here and t-mobile hasn't helped one bit. Then of course they've been putting prices up mid-contract.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone from work had this too. He was annoyed as doing what he can already and thought this was a cheek.

I think many people do give what they can. I sometimes donate money to RNIB (and did a sponsored event for them) when I buy items from them. I have never once been asked to donate any more money to them.

Years ago my brother had a few filling stations and wanted to donate 1p a gallon (it was that long ago!) up to £1k to Guide Dogs for the Blind. My family had always supported them, raising money and I used to help out looking after the dogs who were in training when I was a teenager. They refused because of their agreement with Andrex so they lost a lot of goodwill from us, especially when we realised that at the time they were one of the most well off charities.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Serious bad day!

1) Helping a friend out with her horse while she's ill and the flippin' thing decked me in a lovely big puddle!!:x

2) Came home and put filthy and soaking clothes in washer - then washer proceeded to spurt water from the drawer area for no apparent reason until my kitchen resembled a puddle. :mad2:

3) Went upstairs to get in the bath and turned the light on - flash and a bang and out went the lights. Old fashioned fuse box - not a scooby doo what to do with that!

Then stubbed my toe plugging lamps into random sockets around the house!:-x

On the upside I have just opened a big tin of 'Christmas' chocolates to cheer myself up! :!:

Sounds a bit like my last few days freddie.

We've had power cut so I had to pack by torchlight for a couple of days away , car cut out on motorway, attended a funeral, car cut out again after it was repaired, and a trip to A&E in an ambulance at 6.30 this morning with my husband in agony after falling last night. Xray shows no bones broken but his back's still very painful.

Not good Caro :(

Have some chocolate - it's cheered me up a bit. Well it's better than getting drunk alone on a Sunday night at any rate...........lol

Hope your hubby feels better soon - had a painful back myself a few time courtesy of my job and it's awful.

Thanks both. My daughter bought me and hubby a big bar of chocolate each which was rather nice. OH can't drink with all the pills he's on so I'd have to get drunk alone too ....... Might be a thought ....... :p

Just let if flow over you Nys. Life's too short.

The seizure button in my head is peeing me off.

Carefully protecting my tongue I tried to mash last night, didnt get much sleep and when nodded offf, wham, my brain is taking the pi** and tongue swelling up so my cuppa tastes like carp. Jaw ache and I havnt been nagging, hows that for hard done by xx

At least dont feel I have jogged the london marathon this time, but seriously getting peed off how frequent they are getting lately. Taking piccies now for record as when asked, cant remember.

Off to try and get some sleep, perhaps too long on the lapp top last night? Any one got any ice lollies:oops:

Have received DLA renewal forms for next April...

Received letter from DWP advising I need another medical with ATOSsers before then as well :!::mad2:

In January/February and March 2010 many of you know I suffered septicaemia, hyperthermia, numerous cardiac arrests, coma for five weeks, major organ failure including liver, kidneys and brain damage. Tissue, nerve and bone damage. Had to learn to do most motor functions again including walking. The extent of my disabilities is still being assessed because the set of circumstances I went through should have killed me, many times over.

Well, they can all go and f themselves because I'm here, staying here and still fighting :)

I would dearly love a job especially as the things I'm qualified and experienced in could be done from home via computer, but my profession is in serious decline and even trusted and good previous employers are more inclined to give the work to able bodied people. It's not their fault. Journalism is a cut throat occupation at best and even a little slip on a deadline could cost an editor hundreds, even thousands of pounds...

BRING IT ON CONDEMS AND ATOSSERS :whoo:

Oh dear, WI> :(

DWP and their decision makers inability to read and use common sense. (apparently, I have no reading difficulties - I've got around 25% vision left)

I often wonder if atos come from that planet they dropped the people off in the predator films:madgrin:

Green blood through their veins and all xx

I often wonder if atos come from that planet they dropped the people off in the predator films:madgrin:

Green blood through their veins and all xx

No. They are theyl spaceship full of useless people in the HitchHickers Guide to the Galaxy series...

Sounds a bit like my last few days freddie.

We've had power cut so I had to pack by torchlight for a couple of days away , car cut out on motorway, attended a funeral, car cut out again after it was repaired, and a trip to A&E in an ambulance at 6.30 this morning with my husband in agony after falling last night. Xray shows no bones broken but his back's still very painful.

Sending loadsa love and TLC to you both Caro and that your husband starts to feel more like himself asap. Push the pin stickers away.

Edited by determindator

Still no landline and broadband. Havent got time at work to check whats been happening here.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

expecting a nice cheque to arrive "ppi-RBS"............but nothing has arrived due to they sent the 'whole cheque' to wescot and wescot KEPT it all so I had a shed load of phone calls to make in order to try to get the rest of MY MONEY back from wescot after being told a load of lies from Mint...RBS on the outset...........they are all (Edit) who need to undergo a major investigation but will it happen ............NOOOOOOOOOOO due to Chamelion Cameron and co dont want any more upsets of their dirty financial apple carts............(Edit)

I would have posted this yesterday BUT am just calming down lol

Edited by ukaviator
Edited naughty words removed

I know what you are on about burlyb... I have had some of the same rubbish from bank staff before. I'm sure a lot of bank staff go ou of their way to cause trouble. Some break the banks procedures but never seen to get punished....

Bring in the stocks, I will get some rotting fruit to throw at them...

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I know what you are on about burlyb... I have had some of the same rubbish from bank staff before. I'm sure a lot of bank staff go ou of their way to cause trouble. Some break the banks procedures but never seen to get punished....

Bring in the stocks, I will get some rotting fruit to throw at them...

I have some tomatoes to throw at them!!! (It doesn't matter that they're still in the tin does it?)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

wescot took over the debt and so i was paying it off at £40.00 per month and the Mint card that the debt was run up on was torn in half over three years ago BUT they still had it as 'open' and so when the ppi was settled and I expected the cheque to arrive NOW...it was sent wholey to wescot on the 30th november and they have kept the whole £2813.00 since then and taken their £1,400 and STILL have my money "the residue from the £2,813.00 and it was only due to my phoning wescot yesterday to pay my payment of the £40.00 that they told me the account was settled on the 30th nov and the rest of the money is er erm er ..............WHERE you baskits..............7 phonecalls to mint RBS and back and forth and still I dont know where MY MONEY is.

I have reported them to TSO and also to FSA now but it wont get MY money to me now before xmas so i'll have to sell some of my late wifes jewelry now to cover xmas......something I should not have had to do .................there's never a sawn off when you want one:-x

Join the club...

DWP sent payment to wrong bank account even though I phoned them and wrote to them special delivery.

Have to wait while DWP write a bloody letter to wrong bank nicely requesting the payment back!

Won't get it 'til next bloomin' year now even if wrong bank do send it back :(

Cancelled xmas, BAH BLOODY HUMBUG!!!

Be careful with a phone [problem]. I had a phone call yestday company asked for my son. Alarm bells in head said anyone who wants my son will have his mobile. I said I don't know who you are and write to this address said thank you and goodbye. When I put the phone down I remembered that when I first picked up the house phone there was a ringing tone like I was ringing someone. I told my son what happened and he said it's a [problem] whereby that ringing tone connects you to a premium number and charges you:x Good job I was only on there for seconds! Can you imagine the people there're ringing who have no idea that while they are chatting on the phone they are being billed for it, the vulnerable etc. I will have to report to Fraud Squad and Oftel I've got their number:jaw: