Got dismissed for gross misconduct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

just got dismissed from work today due to gross misconduct, was on a call on the 3rd of august and had a very cheeky customer i dealt with the customer and answered her questions polietly got the sale anyway and at the end of the call i said under my breath she was a bitch i literally thought out loud, the customer did not make a complaint but did hear me and it was picked up wen the call was listened to. i am always on target or over and have never had any other issuses, they said they had 2 dismiss me becuase they have to be consitent were as a couple of weeks ago a guy i work wiv threatened a customer and the customer made a formal complaint against him and he never got sacked he only got a recorded discussion.

do you think i should appeal this?

do i have a leg to stand on?

Hi swim20 welcome to cag:)

Was this the first time you have been in trouble at work?

Have you had any warnings before?

Fair reasons for dismissal

Your employer needs to have investigated fully before dismissing you. If your employer acted fairly but came to the wrong conclusion, (eg if they have got the facts wrong) this will not necessarily mean your dismissal is unfair.

Your employer must be able to show that they have been consistent * and have not sacked you for doing something that they normally let other employees do *. You may be able to claim unfair dismissal if you can show that you weren't told about a relevant company rule or policy by your employer.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

It is possible to argue the fact that the issue arose due to the amount of stress that you was under at the time of the call. Also how the customer difficult nature caused your stress to escalate. A moment of uncontrolable madness. You could say you was not refering to the customer but something else that happened like computer freeze.