style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I really hope you guys can helo me here with this. I was overpaid Housing Benefit about 5 years ago, and received a letter from Newlyn about 18 months ago telling me they were collecting. I have paid £1400 so far on this debt but they are now asking for the FULL outstanding amount. I am now employed, but unable to pay this amount in one go.

Does anyone know what paperwork (if any), Bailiffs need in order to visit? Can they simply rock up on the say so of a council, or should there be a liability order / CCJ / something else in place before this can be done. I believe that nothing "legal" has taken place in my case, but would appreciate assistance on this as I may well be in the worng on that.

I have contacted the council on several occasions, and each time, have been fobbed off with a reply, so before I speak to the Bailiffs, I'd love to know where I stand.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

AG

Hi Hallowitch,

Many thanks for your reply, I thought there should be SOME kind of paperwork. I assume I should contact the Council directly to get this confirmed?

Thanks again,

AG