You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3993 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I really hope you guys can helo me here with this. I was overpaid Housing Benefit about 5 years ago, and received a letter from Newlyn about 18 months ago telling me they were collecting. I have paid £1400 so far on this debt but they are now asking for the FULL outstanding amount. I am now employed, but unable to pay this amount in one go.

Does anyone know what paperwork (if any), Bailiffs need in order to visit? Can they simply rock up on the say so of a council, or should there be a liability order / CCJ / something else in place before this can be done. I believe that nothing "legal" has taken place in my case, but would appreciate assistance on this as I may well be in the worng on that.

I have contacted the council on several occasions, and each time, have been fobbed off with a reply, so before I speak to the Bailiffs, I'd love to know where I stand.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

AG

the council should have taken you to court for a liability order before passing it to the bailiffs

Hi Hallowitch,

Many thanks for your reply, I thought there should be SOME kind of paperwork. I assume I should contact the Council directly to get this confirmed?

Thanks again,

AG

The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992

google this and have a read

ask the council the date the liability order was granted and at what court

if it has not been to court then the bailiff is acting as a debt collector and has no powers what so ever, MUST have a order to enforce court powers and most of all FEES.......

LFB