• Tweets

• Know it has already been answered, but? Does not explain why JCI has registered a different default date when they get the information from the original creditor, Virgin
    • Since you were stopped at the time there is no requirement for the police give you anything there and then or to send you anything before they have decided how to deal with the offence.  They have three choices: Offer you a course Offer you a fixed penalty (£100 and three points) Prosecute you in court  The only option that has a formal time limit is (3). They must begin court proceedings within six months of the date of the alleged offence. Options (1) and (2) have no time limit but since the only alternative the police have if you decline those offers is (3) they will not usually offer a course beyond three months from the date of the offence and will not usually offer a fixed penalty beyond four months from that date. This is so as to allow time for the driver to accept and comply with their offer and to give them the time to go to option (3) if he declines or ignores it.  Unless there is a good reason to do otherwise, the action they take will usually be in accordance with the National Police Chiefs' Council's guidance on speeding enforcement. In a 40mph limit this is as follows Up to 45mph - no action. Between 46mph and 53mph - offer a course Between 54mph and 65mph - offer a fixed penalty Over 65mph - prosecution in court So you can see that 54mph should see you offered a fixed penalty. Three weeks is not overly long for a fixed penalty offer to arrive. As well as that, there has been Easter in that period which will have slowed things down a bit. However, I would suggest that if it gets to about two months from the offence date and you have still heard nohing, I would contact the ticket office for the area where you were stopped to see if anything has been sent to you. Of course this raises the danger that you might be "stirring the hornets' nest". But in all honesty, if the police have decided to take no action, you jogging their memory should not really influence them. The bigger danger, IMHO, is that your fixed penalty offer may have been sent but lost and if you do not respond it will lapse. This will see the police revert to option (3) above. Whilst there is a mechanism in these circumstances  to persuade the court to sentence you at the fixed penalty level (rather than in accordance with the normal guidelines which will see a harsher penalty), it relies on them believing you when you say you did not received an offer. In any case it is aggravation you could well do without so for the sake of a phone call, I'd enquire if it was me.  I think I've answered all your questions but if I can help further just let me know. Just a tip - if you are offered a fixed penalty be sure to submit your driving licence details as instructed. I've seen lots of instances where a driver has not done this. There will be no reminder and no second chance; your £100 will be refunded and the police will prosecute you through the courts.
    • Looks similar to you original email to their Complaints team. I dont rate copypasta for a CEO complaint. Rewrite it with emotion involved as to how badly this is affecting you and make them feel embarrassed for their actions... 
    • Well, not quite the trouncing they deserve, and Andy Street suffering - despite distancing himself from the poops and being a good mayor (and despite the rather ridiculous muslim voter labour boycott across regions - did they really want the tories to stay in power?) - But not bad at all The Reformatory goons managed two council seats didn't it - out of over 300 they tried for ..     
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Threatened by Triton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you cerberusalert.

The reason I'm so worried is that National Debtline told me today that I gad no reason to request a CCA just because Triton were threatening on the phone initially.

Also, the lady said that I should be very careful pursuing this route as if it went to court, I would come unstuck as they no longer have to provide a true copy of my agreement. Basically, should it go to court, the judge would ask if I borrowed the money, if I answered yes, then they would ask what the problem was and find in favour of Tesco/Triton. Basically, I should continue paying and that was that.

T

The lady you spoke to is talking utter tosh. In order for anyone to prove a debt exists they have to provide an enforceable CCA & there's enough case-law proving this;

The Lords of Appeal in Ordinary (House of Lords) the highest court in the land. Your attention is drawn to the authority of the House of Lords in Wilson-v- FCT [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) which confirms that where a document does not contain the required terms under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 the agreement cannot be enforced.

As for her remark about you having no reason to request a CCA, again she is wrong. It is your legal right to request a CCA at any time.... you do not need to have a reason other than you want it. :rolleyes:

If it went to court see the quote above regarding the House of Lords. ;)

Hi,

This is what I thought was strange. I did query this with National Debtline as was told that Tesco/Triton are simply trying to cover themselves under the DPA. She said I should write back, refuse to include anything with a signature and explain why, but also provide them with my date of birth.

She said that Tesco/RBS not being able to find anything using Triton's reference number was not unusual as they all use different references. Strange, how through all of this, Triton have never responded, but RBS and Tesco have, yet the confirmation of cancellation of my DD to Triton was answered on their headed notepaper.

T x

what is going on here.

have you ask for a cca etc if so it is to them to provide if they have issues with there procerdures that is their prob.

Send you have failed the law is the law. full stop.

if the lady at cab was to advived wilson what would the outcome have been.

good god.

i must away now lilly

TRITON CREDIT SERVICES LIMITED Registered No 03275895

1 PRINCES STREET LONDON EC2R 8PB

Type:Private Limited with share capital

Incorporation Date:08-11-1996

Last Accounts Filed up to:31-12-2008

Nature of business SIC:74990 - Non-trading

Also at..........

Triton Credit Services

PO Box 183

telford

TF2 2BU

Triton credit services is a trading name/style of the royal bank of scotland plc.

Teflord address also being very well known within the RBS/Natwest threads on here.

What would be interesting to see is the Tesco/RBS relationship if it was ever entered into court proceedings....who really owns the alleged debt?

Without sight of an agreement who knows if Tesco were acting as a broker only or if the loan value was underwritten by RBS.

Would (if you can afford it) DSAR both RBS and Tesco to see exactly what has gone before.

With a little luck they'll totally ignore you so at least you have the joy of acting as a claimant vs both of them.

As for Triton, they may be an inhouse trading style of RBS but without sight of NOA (which they won't have) they are a wholly ind ltd company and have no legal rights to pursue to litigation. Any claim would have to come from the OC or a legally assigned DCA.

Gez

So, if I'm reading this correctly, Triton can't collect, therefore I'm ok to have stopped the payments.

I don't have to supply anything further to anyone for anything as they should all be able to talk to each other, as they are all really one and the same.

Tesco, can't do anything, as they have stated that they no longer own the debt.

RBS/Triton have to talk to each other, and until they do, I do nothing? Also, and I'm sorry to keep asking the same questions again and again as it's before April 2007 that I took out the loan, the old rules still apply?

Thank you all so much for your help.

T xx

Triton will undoubtably have no claim on you, hence passing back to RBS for response......if they had legal assignment they would/should have responded as such.

RBS slid this one across the office (contracted) to Triton, can only suggest one of the Triton chimps slides it back to RBS. Are they seriously expecting you to believe they can find no record of the account without your assistance, not your problem if they don't know their a*** from their elbow :rolleyes:

I would never advise anybody to pay or not to pay - that has to be your judgement call .......personally, I wouldnt send another bean to anybody until such time that a correctly consigned regulated agreement was in my hands showing the alleged true creditor.

If this went to litigation, you would be perfectly within your rights to request direction that original agreement were made available for viewing.

Not sure on the date issued, think you are fine if pre April 2007 would need to look this one up and come back to you.....try giving Cerb on the site team a nudge (red triangle) or PM, you'll get the right answer pdq

Gez

Thank you, you're all fab! :D

I shall save my pennnies up and SAR Tesco, then donate to this site. You've all made it feel so much less threatening, and as I'm currently dealing with this on my own, that means a huge amount.

Once again, thank you, and I'll be back when/if I hear anything further from Tesco/RBS/Triton or whichever company may or may not write to me.

Tracy xx

• 3 months later...

I'm back!

Today, I have received 2 letter from Moorcroft this time, one dated 30/12/09 and one dated 8/1/10. The letter dated 30/12/09 states:

"I write in response to your recent communication in relation to the above account and can confirm we have been in contact with Tesco Personal Finance who have advised us that they are unable to process this any further withoout you providing the detail that are required for the Section 77 request.

I can also confirm that I have placed your account on hold and request you make immediate contact with our call centre on the above number to discuss a repayment proposal you can afford and maintain."

The letter dated 8/1/10 is from their 'pre-court division' and not only has my debt increase from letter to the next, but I have until tomorrow to make a payment or they "may have no alternative other than to assume you are avoiding repayment of this debt". Legal action may follow etc etc, and then a run down of costs which I will incur, including £35 for solicitors costs for entering judgement by default.

Now, Triton couldn't find me using their reference number, it was handed to RBS who couldn't find me using Triton's reference, Tesco (who apparently don't own the debt any longer) have told me they don't have my signature on record, and RBS want me to confirm the account and sort code this refers to - something which they should surely have, if I had a loan with them via Tesco.

My question is: what do I do now, please? I admit this last letter (in it's beautiful yellow envelope) has had me shaking and a bit scared. And it seems I need to answer by tomorrow or go to court?

Thanks in advance,

Tracy

Edit: Is this another case of a CCA to Moorcroft?

Anyone any ideas?

Having thought about it, should I be sending the bemused letter / the one which states they have no claim to anything because Tesco/RBS/Triton haven't responded, and I also haven't received a notice of assignment from anyone for anything?

T x

I'm back!

Today, I have received 2 letter from Moorcroft this time, one dated 30/12/09 and one dated 8/1/10. The letter dated 30/12/09 states:

"I write in response to your recent communication in relation to the above account and can confirm we have been in contact with Tesco Personal Finance who have advised us that they are unable to process this any further withoout you providing the detail that are required for the Section 77 request.

I can also confirm that I have placed your account on hold and request you make immediate contact with our call centre on the above number to discuss a repayment proposal you can afford and maintain."

The letter dated 8/1/10 is from their 'pre-court division' and not only has my debt increase from letter to the next, but I have until tomorrow to make a payment or they "may have no alternative other than to assume you are avoiding repayment of this debt". Legal action may follow etc etc, and then a run down of costs which I will incur, including £35 for solicitors costs for entering judgement by default.

Now, Triton couldn't find me using their reference number, it was handed to RBS who couldn't find me using Triton's reference, Tesco (who apparently don't own the debt any longer) have told me they don't have my signature on record, and RBS want me to confirm the account and sort code this refers to - something which they should surely have, if I had a loan with them via Tesco.

My question is: what do I do now, please? I admit this last letter (in it's beautiful yellow envelope) has had me shaking and a bit scared. And it seems I need to answer by tomorrow or go to court?

Thanks in advance,

Tracy

Edit: Is this another case of a CCA to Moorcroft?

moorcroft are laughable

dont be scared by them - they wont take you to court because they cannot win without a valid CCA

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON